Avatar image for buneroid
#1 Posted by Buneroid (455 posts) -

Mine would have to be the one where you shoot down a plane with Mike and then chase it for miles down this massive hill on a dirtbike as Trevor. I don't remember the name of the mission but it was fucking rad. It really made the game feel gigantic for some reason.

The small bank robbery with juggernaut suits comes in at a close second.

Avatar image for nightriff
#2 Posted by Nightriff (7112 posts) -

Jewelry Heist, set the bar high for me early.

The Wrap Up was a pretty great moment too. The Mexican stand off with all the departments showing up guns drawn, really funny and was a memorable moment for me.

Avatar image for buneroid
#3 Posted by Buneroid (455 posts) -

Jewelry Heist, set the bar high for me early.

The Wrap Up was a pretty great moment too. The Mexican stand off with all the departments showing up guns drawn, really funny and was a memorable moment for me.

You made me look that up on youtube because I couldn't remember what it was. That was pretty awesome.

Avatar image for krullban
#4 Posted by Krullban (1471 posts) -

Jewelry Heist, set the bar high for me early.

The Wrap Up was a pretty great moment too. The Mexican stand off with all the departments showing up guns drawn, really funny and was a memorable moment for me.

That part was hilarious. I wasn't really expecting EVERYBODY to show up.

Avatar image for mike
#5 Posted by Mike (17288 posts) -

@buneroid: I think the plane sequence was my favorite mission as well! So unexpected when it happened, but so awesome.

Moderator
Avatar image for minipato
#6 Posted by MiniPato (2820 posts) -
@buneroid said:

Mine would have to be the one where you shoot down a plane with Mike and then chase it for miles down this massive hill on a dirtbike as Trevor. I don't remember the name of the mission but it was fucking rad. It really made the game feel gigantic for some reason.

The small bank robbery with juggernaut suits comes in at a close second.

Definitely that mission as well. They just took great advantage of the huge world they crafted to set up an amazing cross country set piece.

Avatar image for manhattan_project
#7 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2252 posts) -

All the Kifflom missions. Having to run 5 miles in the desert in those stupid robes and a medal around your neck. When Michael starts using "Kifflom!" as a response to everything... holy shit. And the ending was exactly what I wanted.

The very end when all three of them are riding off to assassinate a different person was also pretty great.

Also that one dog.

Avatar image for thebluthcompany
#8 Posted by TheBluthCompany (475 posts) -

I really enjoyed the mission where Michael gets his family back together and visits his therapist.

Avatar image for mooseymcman
#9 Posted by MooseyMcMan (12540 posts) -

The bank heist was pretty great. All that ridiculous levels of resistance for a small time bank like that, and rolling around with Packie once again (lucky that I unlocked that "crazy Irishman").

Avatar image for nightriff
#10 Posted by Nightriff (7112 posts) -

@mooseymcman said:

The bank heist was pretty great. All that ridiculous levels of resistance for a small time bank like that, and rolling around with Packie once again (lucky that I unlocked that "crazy Irishman").

Wait, how did you unlock Packie?

Avatar image for mooseymcman
#11 Posted by MooseyMcMan (12540 posts) -

@mooseymcman said:

The bank heist was pretty great. All that ridiculous levels of resistance for a small time bank like that, and rolling around with Packie once again (lucky that I unlocked that "crazy Irishman").

Wait, how did you unlock Packie?

There's a store near Franklin's first house where he and some other guy were sticking up the place, but they didn't have a car to leave in. If you provide a car (may be only available to Franklin) and evade the cops, Packie says he'll help out if you need it.

If you watch the Vinny GTA V live stream archive, he encounters them at one point, but he decided to help the store owner by attacking the robbers, but Vinny died in the process.

As you might expect, Packie has really high stats, but he gets (I think) a 12% cut, so he's not cheap. Has a good bit of dialog in that bank heist mission about his heist on the Liberty City bank (same voice actor).

Avatar image for nightriff
#12 Edited by Nightriff (7112 posts) -

@nightriff said:

@mooseymcman said:

The bank heist was pretty great. All that ridiculous levels of resistance for a small time bank like that, and rolling around with Packie once again (lucky that I unlocked that "crazy Irishman").

Wait, how did you unlock Packie?

There's a store near Franklin's first house where he and some other guy were sticking up the place, but they didn't have a car to leave in. If you provide a car (may be only available to Franklin) and evade the cops, Packie says he'll help out if you need it.

If you watch the Vinny GTA V live stream archive, he encounters them at one point, but he decided to help the store owner by attacking the robbers, but Vinny died in the process.

As you might expect, Packie has really high stats, but he gets (I think) a 12% cut, so he's not cheap. Has a good bit of dialog in that bank heist mission about his heist on the Liberty City bank (same voice actor).

That sounds awesome, sad I missed that during my playthrough

Avatar image for nilazz
#13 Edited by Nilazz (827 posts) -

Minor Turbulence.

Avatar image for vikingdeath1
#14 Posted by vikingdeath1 (1210 posts) -

the one where Trevor has to return Patricia to her husband, and it plays "If you leave me now, you take away the greatest part of me!" I was Dying at that point it was so funny.

Avatar image for milkman
#15 Posted by Milkman (18913 posts) -

I think the game really peaked early with the jewel store heist. It was pretty disappointing that there ended up being only two "real" heists with a full team, especially since those two missions are probably far and away the best parts of the game.

Avatar image for hailinel
#16 Posted by Hailinel (25787 posts) -

@milkman said:

I think the game really peaked early with the jewel store heist. It was pretty disappointing that there ended up being only two "real" heists with a full team, especially since those two missions are probably far and away the best parts of the game.

Yeah, of what I played so far, the jewelry store heist is easily the height when it comes to the missions. Though, of the non-heist missions, I did enjoy taking out the rival meth lab as Trevor. (But...who leaves a jerry can filled with gasoline just sitting in a meth lab? That seems like a very bad idea.)

Avatar image for pr1mus
#17 Edited by pr1mus (4158 posts) -
Avatar image for pr1mus
#18 Posted by pr1mus (4158 posts) -

@hailinel said:

(But...who leaves a jerry can filled with gasoline just sitting in a meth lab? That seems like a very bad idea.)

That lab is operated by about 12 inbred brothers!

Avatar image for hailinel
#19 Posted by Hailinel (25787 posts) -

@pr1mus said:

@hailinel said:

(But...who leaves a jerry can filled with gasoline just sitting in a meth lab? That seems like a very bad idea.)

That lab is operated by about 12 inbred brothers!

That is a salient point!

Avatar image for capum15
#20 Edited by Capum15 (5695 posts) -
@pr1mus said:

@hailinel said:

(But...who leaves a jerry can filled with gasoline just sitting in a meth lab? That seems like a very bad idea.)

That lab is operated by about 12 inbred brothers!

And probably like 20 more just-as-inbred hillbillies too. I silently sniped like, 10 guys before they noticed me and I ended up dropping a good 6-8 more. Not counting the ones that drove off in both the cutscene and about a minute after.

As for me...option C was pretty great. As was the foursome at that plaza place. Had a big dumb grin when Trevor showed up.

The only thing I hated about the heists were that you never got paid for most of them. I loved the last one though, went the smart route.

There's too many moments that I loved to list them all.

Online
Avatar image for e30bmw
#21 Posted by e30bmw (611 posts) -

@manhattan_project: How do you start that stuff? I've seen their building but haven't done the missions.

Avatar image for dystopiax
#22 Posted by DystopiaX (5661 posts) -

@mooseymcman said:

@nightriff said:

@mooseymcman said:

The bank heist was pretty great. All that ridiculous levels of resistance for a small time bank like that, and rolling around with Packie once again (lucky that I unlocked that "crazy Irishman").

Wait, how did you unlock Packie?

There's a store near Franklin's first house where he and some other guy were sticking up the place, but they didn't have a car to leave in. If you provide a car (may be only available to Franklin) and evade the cops, Packie says he'll help out if you need it.

If you watch the Vinny GTA V live stream archive, he encounters them at one point, but he decided to help the store owner by attacking the robbers, but Vinny died in the process.

As you might expect, Packie has really high stats, but he gets (I think) a 12% cut, so he's not cheap. Has a good bit of dialog in that bank heist mission about his heist on the Liberty City bank (same voice actor).

That sounds awesome, sad I missed that during my playthrough

Yeah I only saw him after my last heist was planned so I could never use him. It's the strip mall right around the corner from Franklin's house, and I've started a new game and have driven past there several times but have been unable to meet him. It's weird that they would make such a cool encounter seemingly so rare.

Avatar image for dystopiax
#23 Posted by DystopiaX (5661 posts) -

@e30bmw said:

@manhattan_project: How do you start that stuff? I've seen their building but haven't done the missions.

I guess this is extremely missable cause I haven't seen any of these missions at all, and I beat the game (or at least got the credits to roll). I'm guessing this refers to the cult, I've never actually driven anyone up there.

Avatar image for bigjeffrey
#24 Edited by bigjeffrey (5282 posts) -

The bank heist was pretty great. All that ridiculous levels of resistance for a small time bank like that, and rolling around with Packie once again (lucky that I unlocked that "crazy Irishman").

I died trying to escape the cops. :( w/ them

Avatar image for ll_exile_ll
#26 Posted by ll_Exile_ll (2693 posts) -

@e30bmw said:

@manhattan_project: How do you start that stuff? I've seen their building but haven't done the missions.

I guess this is extremely missable cause I haven't seen any of these missions at all, and I beat the game (or at least got the credits to roll). I'm guessing this refers to the cult, I've never actually driven anyone up there.

You need to go to epsilonprogram.com as Michael using the in-game internet.

Online
Avatar image for meatball
#27 Edited by MEATBALL (4231 posts) -

I really enjoyed the Sawmill shoot-out. Loved how slick the subtle approach to the UD heist was. The Yoga mission was a massive highlight. Chasing Molly all over the airport was also awesome. Flying a plane into the back of that Merryweather cargo-plane was insane - the same goes for jumping a bike on top of that train.