Will this game make you get VR?

• 55 results
NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Will this game make you get VR? (186 votes)

I already have a headset ready to play this, so I'm good to go! 22%
I want to play it, but I doubt I'll get a headset just for this game, so unfortunately, no. I hope a non-VR version comes out... 42%
Yes it is. I don't have one yet, but I hope to get one before this game releases. 10%
I don't know. Maybe. 26%

This seems like the game to get a VR system for, or at the very least the game to make me excited for one more than ever before, but I still don't think I'll get one just for this game and that sucks because I do want to play this. I didn't figure it into the poll options, but I also assume you need a good enough PC to play it, and my PC sucks for games so there is also that, which just means that's a double no for me. Not sure about anyone else, but it got me excited so I went back to The Orange Box; playing it on the Xbox One X (looks great; not PC great, but great nonetheless). One thing that does worry me a little about Half-Life: Alyx is the movement though. Is this game going to be an on-rails experience, or will you get full movement? It wasn't easy to tell from the trailer, but I'm not sure it will matter to me in the end because from the sounds of it it's supposed to be a full-on experience, and so the quality and quantity of the experience may just be enough.

• 
CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I am curious to see it, but I won't be getting it. Unless they can make another big leap like the previous half-life's, cool! Do it. But I don't see them doing that.

I talked to some people who are really excited to see the story continue and I can't help but wonder why, Half-life is such a non story. It's just a bunch of bullshit that strings a game together that goes nowhere with a bunch of fake mystery. The Half-life story is the least interesting thing about it.

There is also the fact that after so long, I think every other franchise Valve has is better and more interesting to me. I'd be way happier seeing another portal, team fortress, hell i'll take a dota update over more half-life.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

There are a lot of people really dead set on not ever saying "I don't know."

Not even, best case scenario, if this is the breakthrough game that VR has been waiting for and 10 years from now every home has a headset and it's $1 on Steam? That's what I'd like this game to be, although I'm not hot on buying a PC compatible VR headset. I have a PSVR and I was really excited about it a year ago, but haven't touched it since.

TreeTrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Can't even get it! Valve Index's are sold out!

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really envy those that never tried VR before and get to experience it for the first time with this game. It will truly be something they remember forever. Just how I remember how incredible it was seeing HL1 for the very first time in 98.

stopkillnkenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By stopkillnkenny