"Halo 5: Guardians" Reveal Fall Of 2015 / Xbox One.

• 77 results
bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By bigjeffrey

Brand New Info on the Next Halo game. It's officially called Halo 5 Guardians (was revealed last E3 as Halo Xbox One). Master Chief is in it, you shoot space aliens with guns that go pew pew. Hyped AS F but to bad we got to wait so long. Maybe???

HALO 2 ANNIVERSARY Confirmed for 2014?? w/ Halo 5 Beta would be pretty sweet.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
that 5 dont look to hot
that 5 dont look to hot

I’m happy to reveal that “Halo 5: Guardians,” the next installment in the legendary saga of the Master Chief, will launch on Xbox One in fall of 2015. In the tradition of every “Halo” game since its debut in 2001, it is a massive and exciting project.

“Halo 5: Guardians” is a bigger effort than “Halo 4.” That applies to the content and scope of the game, as well as the technology in what’s now a brand new and more powerful engine. Certainly there are some core elements carried over from prior games, but we’ve invested a huge effort in retooling our tech to take full advantage of the Xbox One’s hardware and ecosystem to create worlds and experiences worthy of next-gen.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/05/games-halo-journey-announcement

More At E3 (Probably a Trailer or Gameplay Video)

Blog Post By Frank O Connor w/ New Concept Art

No Caption Provided

But we’re not just making a new game in that three year span, we’re also making a new engine. During the development of Halo 4, we pushed the Xbox 360 and the engine to its limits, and we were happy with the way we were able to make the Halo universe look. The Xbox 360 still has a few tricks up its sleeve, even now. We are moving to a whole new platform with the Xbox One – a new architecture, new graphics hardware and bluntly some new ways to think about gaming, period.

Bonnie also called out 60fps and dedicated servers last year – attractive, desirable, and possibly expected upgrades to the Halo experience. After all, we won’t be the first 60fps shooter out there. That said, these must-haves are not necessarily easy to achieve.

Previous Halo titles, Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2 for example, strove to push the entire ecosystem forward – dual stick FPS with big open spaces in the case of Combat Evolved, and broadband matchmaking in Halo 2 – are just a couple of examples of the series innovating or amplifying ideas. So in building Halo 5: Guardians, we want to push the ecosystem as well as the universe. And we’ll have some surprises in store for new and loyal players of the series.

https://blogs.halowaypoint.com/en-us/blogs/headlines/posts/the-great-journey

He pretty much says that they a 3 year dev cycle is needed which is okay in my book, gives them more time to work on the game and not feel rushed. I really wanted it this year but looking at it, Halo 4 just came out 2 years ago and it would feel very quick. They'll probably put our other halo titles while the main line ones cook in the oven. (Like ODST/Anniversary)

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Heck yeah lets fucking do this

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yay for needless and silly subtitles.

Anyway, this is pretty cool. I think Halo games are just bad and not fun at all, but I'm always excited whenever one gets announced for some reason? Definitely looking forward to seeing a next-gen Halo.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Neato!

Curious about that top armor. Maybe Sarah in a new suit?

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Hell-fucking-yeah. I was kinda skeptical of Halo 4 just because I didn't know what to expect from 343, but they knocked it out of the park. Now, 4 is easily my favorite entry in the series and it actually got my really excited for Halo again when I really haven't given a shit about the series since 3. Obviously, I would've preferred that it come out this year, but, hey, take your time 343. The wait is more than likely going to be worth it.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I still haven't finished Halo 4.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By korwin

Sure, i'll play another Halo I guess.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fattony12000: I still haven't finished Halo 2, or 3, or 4. Did finish Reach though, really enjoyed it.

On topic: Guardians is the second most generic subtitle I've ever seen, being beaten only by the sheer blandness of Retribution.

XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Why not just wait till E3?

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MEATBALL

Here's hoping it's not just another Halo, I mean, I'd still play and enjoy that, but the series really needs a change.

Man, that blog entry/press release. I know we wouldn't get details at this point, but that is an awful lot of words dedicated to saying precisely nothing.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

343 proved themselves with Halo 4, man that was an outstanding game. One of the only games I enjoyed FPS multiplayer with, and the story was hands down the best in the series for me. I'm really excited about a possible new Desert planet they're showing. If I'm not mistaken, the desert isn't a place where Halo has been set in yet, yeah?

But what's up with all these game reveals right before E3? Is it really going to be THAT packed full of games that they have to start revealing things before it even starts?

For people dissing the subtitle, at least it's nowhere near as dumb as Combat Evolved.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@corruptedevil said:

@fattony12000: I still haven't finished Halo 2, or 3, or 4. Did finish Reach though, really enjoyed it.

On topic: Guardians is the second most generic subtitle I've ever seen, being beaten only by the sheer blandness of Retribution.

To be fair the word does have a pre-association with the Halo series. It's not gonna matter to most people but it isn't completely just a bland subtitle slapped on it for no reason.

Or maybe it is who knows.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I'm really impressed with these pre-E3 announcements from Microsoft. Really makes you wonder what pushed this and the Kinect announcement out of their press conference.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I haven't played a Halo game since Halo 3!

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fattony12000 said:

You should play Reach. It's fucking awesome.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fattony12000 said:

I don't even own a Halo!

Anyways, looking forward to this. Didn't love Halo 4, but Halo is still one of my all time favourite video game series. Hope they can get back to what made the multiplayer so fantastic in the first games, I put hundreds of hours into Halo 3's MP.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By fattony12000

Halo Revelations: Guardians of Retribution

@fattony12000 said:

I've been thinking about actually trying to get This Thing up and running as A Charity Thing this year.

No Caption Provided

http://www.giantbomb.com/halo-2/3030-7110/forums/lets-play-halo-2multiplayertogether-566856/

Real Halo for Real People.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CaLe

I play and finish every Halo game despite not really enjoying them. I hope I enjoy this one. I always like to hear when a game is using a new engine. It tickles my 'desire for new things' orifice, even if it's a sequel to something very familiar. I don't put the new things inside my 'desire for new things' orifice by the way, I'm not a pervert.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fattony12000: Halo 3 is better than Halo 2 in every way, aside from the music. Also, I'm pretty sure the Xbox Original online server things don't work any more.

emprpngn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm excited for this. I've never been big into the multiplayer aspect of Halo, but Halo games have always nailed the feel of what I want a sci-fi FPS to be.

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Wonder why they didn't wait a month and announce this at E3? Still, I'm always excited about new Halo, even if I wasn't the biggest fan of 4. Here's hoping they try out some new things with this one. Maybe talk to Marty McDonnell, see if he'll write it a couple of tunes....

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fattony12000: If you still want to do that for maybe the next Community Endurance run im all for it.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Fuck yeah!

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fattony12000: I am so down to play some Halo 2. I would have to do some digging to find my disc and Original Xbox, but it'd be worth it.

I hope I like this new Halo more than 4. I feel that 4's multiplayer strayed too far away from what makes it unique in the over-saturated FPS landscape. Not every game needs to mimic Call of Duty, especially its dated XP and perk systems.

IIGrayFoxII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@xenonick said:

Why not just wait till E3?

That is a good question. My initial guess would be because it will not be shown at this E3, but they did say the "franchise" will be at E3 this year. So they could be referring to this game, the oft rumored Halo 2 remake or something else entirely.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#26 gamer_152  Moderator

Oh fuck yes. I really hope 343 do something a little more ambitious with the central gameplay this time around, but I'm just pumped to see what they have.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's see how fast they figure out how to get Warthogs and Covenant in this one.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

Sounds like some E3 news.... I wonder if they're just releasing these big announcements to try and slow down sales of the PS4 for the next month.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Neato!

Curious about that top armor. Maybe Sarah in a new suit?

Looking at the proportions of knee and elbow joints as well as the relative size or the hands/forearms/biceps it does not look like someone in a suit to me, but rather a robot.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I was worried about the 2 year dev cycle when they showed that trailer last year. Talked about it in the comments of the trailer posted on the site. So this is very good news! Bring on that Halo 2 Anniversary.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is one of those

"I'm happy you're excited" situations. I just haven't been the die hard Halo fan that this would generate a "OMG SYSTEM SELLER" response. The last Halo game I completed was the 2nd one and I just kind of moved on to other games. I have a lot of respect for Halo and I know this will likely be a huge deal around E3. I'm all for getting these announcements out of the way early though, clear the way for some surprises at E3 that we weren't already expecting.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turboman: that would not really make to much sense. "Hey here is this game releasing late next year, buy a xbox one today!!!!"

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#33  Edited By musubi

You know considering Halo 4's response I'll be interested to see how people pick up on this. Don't have or plan on getting an XB1 but I hope it does good some talented people at 343.

Avatar image for deactivated-629fb02f57a5a
deactivated-629fb02f57a5a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Is this a sequel to that franchise about the Owls?

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Should be called: "Halo 5: Blue vs. Orange"

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reading between the lines of the announcement, it sounds like 343 is going "back to the other drawing board" because their "going back to the drawing board" for Halo 4 made a game many didn't really favor.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#37  Edited By impartialgecko

I don't like that there's a colon AND a number for a major Halo release. Do a colon or a number, not both.

Orexis97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tennmuerti: For some reason, as soon as I saw that new suit, I immediately thought of the incredibly shark-jumping possibility of it being Cortana in a robot.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

@turboman: that would not really make to much sense. "Hey here is this game releasing late next year, buy a xbox one today!!!!"

yeah, just trying to figure out why this wasn't saved for E3.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turboman said:

@bigjeffrey said:

yeah, just trying to figure out why this wasn't saved for E3.

The cynic in me says they didn't save it for E3 because it is perceived as "bad news". They want to head off uncomfortable questions of "Where is Halo 5?" while standing in their booth at E3 trying to upsell the XBox One with Kinect.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aw man, I can't wait to help Halo defeat the terrible Jetroids with 343's all-new original character Tamus Eren. Gonna be awesome!

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fattony12000: Halo 3 is better than Halo 2 in every way, aside from the music. Also, I'm pretty sure the Xbox Original online server things don't work any more.

You have somewhat missed the point.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@mooseymcman said:

You have somewhat missed the point.

I get that a lot. Also I'm a soulless monster, so there's that too.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ez123

Forgot that the other part of the rumor(seems like most of that stuff is coming true) was a Halo 5 beta with Anniversary. That would be nice. Oh, it's like the 2nd sentence in the OP. :P

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Yayyyy unnecessary subtitle.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e4c09d3ba1b3
deactivated-5e4c09d3ba1b3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even with this and Far Cry 4 being out in the public now, I still expect the companies to reveal them at E3 like they're some sort of surprise.

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

@fattony12000 said:

Wait for Halo 4 Anniversary

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

If Master Chief doesn't team up with a superpowered raccoon, I'll be disappointed.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

HYPE!!

Also that's some straight up Fable box art...is MC supposed to be an evil spartan now? Are my actions gonna dictate my appearance now?

But anyway, if this news means that now Halo 2 Anniversary will come this fall I'm super excited :)

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By pyrodactyl

If they bring out one or two interesting looking games I might consider buying an xbox one when halo 5 comes out. It would have to be better than 4 though. The new enemies and guns really did nothing for me. Hope they find something better this time.