Trick for Skipping the Fight Against the Trifecta of A-Holes

Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

If you're like me and you've just about had it with fighting you-know-who, I've found a method for skipping this fight entirely. Did it successfully myself, so I can confirm it's doable. Might take a couple of tries though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Nbst_83txk

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Pansy.

Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pansy.

Maybe. But after my tenth time being forced to fight the same irritating boss fight, I was just about done with this guy. And when you're fighting 3 of them on legendary, it becomes controller-throwingly frustrating.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Normal FTW. Seriously I don't know how you'd do this outside of coop on higher difficulties

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Zirilius

@skullpanda1 said:

Normal FTW. Seriously I don't know how you'd do this outside of coop on higher difficulties

Legendary solo is a mothefucker and I totally wish I would have known this for that fight. My method was sprint to an incinerator cannon on the left. Shoot one of the Wardens over to you but keep your AI partners out. Use the cover provided on the SW corner to kite the warden around without getting into LOS of the other wardens. Once dead, sprint to the NW corner so that you can grab an a fresh incinerator from below the platform the warden's spawn on and then sprint back to the NW section. Kill one of the other warden this way and wait for the turrets to spawn. Use your AI Teammate to kill one turret and use a fully charged incinerator on the other one. Send your teammates to kill the other two AI turrets on the eat side and use the incinerator to kill to the other warden. If you need more shots there is a 4th incinerator on the east platform.

Took me at least 50 tries but got it done.

Edit: You'll notice after a few times the wardens spread out in the room and if you remain hidden the other wardens other then one you are actively engaging won't attack you.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zirilius: yea without couch coop that just isn't worth it.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@scotto said:
@believer258 said:

Pansy.

Maybe. But after my tenth time being forced to fight the same irritating boss fight, I was just about done with this guy. And when you're fighting 3 of them on legendary, it becomes controller-throwingly frustrating.

I don't understand how this is such a problem for most people. It doesn't even take a full clip of a Suppressor to kill one of his life chunks. You just backtrack and aim for the head.

Fighting three of them is only slightly more difficult. You just need to focus down each one individually. I find the squad commands help a lot (less for the actual gun input from the team and more for the red outline to keep track of your target). Hearing Brad go on about how bullshit those fights are is totally baffling, and you could tell that Jeff had no problems with these fights. I think some people just aren't "getting" it.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skullpanda1: You get checkpoints between each warden kill so it's not nearly as bad as it sounds.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

@project343: Agreed, I have no idea what all of the trouble is about. I beat them fairly easily on Heroic. I remember the first one going down surprisingly quickly and then I just mopped up the other two. For some reason the fights with just one warden felt a little tougher.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@project343: Agreed, I have no idea what all of the trouble is about. I beat them fairly easily on Heroic. I remember the first one going down surprisingly quickly and then I just mopped up the other two. For some reason the fights with just one warden felt a little tougher.

The only problems I had on legendary solo came from being out of cover and being one shot consistently from orbs or eye lasers that are insanely accurate. This would happen pretty frequently after a charge from the one I was fighting as my dodge would periodically leave me exposed to one or both of the other wardens.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only problems I had fighting them on heroic was getting outrun by them, flanked by them, homing attack, focus turrets and plinking away at it with weak weapons because the incinerator cannons weren't enough to do the job.

Reminded me of parts of Destiny. Not fun.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itwongo said:

The only problems I had fighting them on heroic was getting outrun by them, flanked by them, homing attack, focus turrets and plinking away at it with weak weapons because the incinerator cannons weren't enough to do the job.

Reminded me of parts of Destiny. Not fun.

Were you charging the incinerators before firing? One full charge blast is enough to take do one chunk of damage which you then boost behind to shotgun or assault their core with.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zirilius: Wasn't shotgunning the core but I was using the incinerators right.

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You saved this friggin game for me. Was genuinely about to give up and watch the ending on Youtube. I was really enjoying the single player, too, but the last two Warden fights pretty much made it my least favorite in the series.

malakith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On normal, I just stood on the platform to the right that was elevated with weapons and just pulled them to the back of the room and they would stand there why I would tear them apart, not sure that I took any damage. I could imagine that on the higher difficulty they would be much more aggressive. I just found that he would stand there and look at me while I shot him because he was so close and couldn't melee me.

ht101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I just finished the game on Heroic today and I felt it was actually the easiest of all of the games. I've beat all of them in solo Heroic and this one didn't feel challenging, except for the fights with the 2 and then 3 wardens. I did love it when Cortana basically said "Enough with this shit Warden" and killed him for good.

Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scotto said:
@believer258 said:

Pansy.

I don't understand how this is such a problem for most people. It doesn't even take a full clip of a Suppressor to kill one of his life chunks. You just backtrack and aim for the head.

Fighting three of them is only slightly more difficult. You just need to focus down each one individually. I find the squad commands help a lot (less for the actual gun input from the team and more for the red outline to keep track of your target). Hearing Brad go on about how bullshit those fights are is totally baffling, and you could tell that Jeff had no problems with these fights. I think some people just aren't "getting" it.

Did you play this fight on Legendary?

If you did, and you found it this easy, then I salute you. I sure didn't. Legendary in Halo 5 is a bitch.