Do you plan on going back to this game once they update it?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Do you plan on going back to this game once they update it? (81 votes)

Yep. I love Halo and if they actually fix it, I'm in for a lot of fun. 33%
No (for one reason or another). 20%
I'll check it out I suppose, but I probably won't play it for long. 17%
Maybe. 12%
Going back? Dude, I'm still playing it. 17%

This game got a lot of backlash for being broken for many (if not all) people, especially the multiplayer portion. I can't personally speak to the multiplayer side of things considering I didn't play much of it in the collection, but I know the campaigns also had some issues, especially Halo 4 which would freeze on me at times. I'm curious how many people are ready to give the game a chance or are even excited enough to go back to play Halo after all this time. Not only is the game a few years old, but the fandom of Halo doesn't to be thriving as much anymore. It might be, but not from what I've seen.

I definitely plan on checking out the game after its update, but I will probably just stick to the campaign which is what I really play Halo for (but I have enjoyed the multiplayer side of it for sure). They're updating the game to support 4K and HDR which is enough for me to jump back in. If the game actually works as you had hoped for it to originally, will this excite you for more Halo? If you're curious as to what the update does, I'll post a video about it from GameSpot talking about the history of the MCC, and what 343 plans on doing to fix it below.

• 
The_Greg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm only interested in the single player and that's always been fine. I'll reinstall it to see the X enhancements, definitely.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I mean, from what I’ve played, the campaign is fine, even online coop. Everything else is awesome, but gravy.

lethalki11ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I want a PC version :(

vdortizo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I recently bought it, and I'm still playing ODST. So, yes.

meteora3255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

The launch was rough but after the first round of patches a couple months in I didn't have any huge issues on either single or multiplayer. I still play around in it every few weeks.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

The degree to which this was "broken" has been massively overstated. Even at launch, it was just some occasional matchmaking stuff, and I personally never had a problem playing online. (Admittedly, I didn't play that much of it; just enough to see if I could still hang in that multiplayer, which I mostly could.) The campaigns have always worked fine, and they threw in ODST as an apology. I'll play some more of it in 4K HDR; and I'm glad to see these classics get that treatment.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@notnert427: Can I compain just a little more for a free Reach update, though?

...seriously, I never had any issues with it, but I mainly come for the campaign, these days.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yes, but to echo what is already being said in this thread the game a couple months after launch Was pretty great. This update looks awesome though, like that you can install/Uninstall pieces of each game as you please.

Dispossession

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I recently deleted it off my hard drive. It was a staple with my girlfriend but with games like Pyre, Windjammers and some other stuff, I’ve found more enjoyable games to play 1v1.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

It's been fine for me since I got it a few years ago.

Still, yeah, I'll play it some more when that update comes out. Having most of the best entries in one of my favorite series in one spot at 60fps is kinda the only reason I still have an Xbox One.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely going to play through the series again in 4k.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

If it was on PC, I’d definitely be checking it out. I would love to play through the campaigns again and maybe a few rounds of Halo 3’s multiplayer for nostalgia’s sake.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NTM

The last time I played it which was several months ago to get through ODST on Legendary again, it seemed all fine, but I didn't really jump into everything to check. Also, yes I hope Reach comes out in HD/4K at some point. On a side note, I always thought Reach looked a bit different artistically than ODST and Halo 3 (not worse though), but I never knew it was just a huge amount of motion blur which is what caused the look. I wonder how it'd look with a better use of motion blur, or it simply being turned off.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I just keep on hoping all this continuing development means it'll get a PC port eventually. I'd love to play some Halo 3 multiplayer again, but not enough to shell out however much it is for an X.

The_Greg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never played ODST on 360, jumped on the MCC version after hearing good things and didn't know what was going on.

I was running around a derelict section of a future city, with no clue where I needed to go.

AdamALC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played through 1-3 and half of 4 and never really had problems. I would like to go back and play ODST so I will probably re-download it one day.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok people saying "i never had problems with it" didn't get it at launch. there's no way. Matchmaking literally didn't work. It wasn't overstated. Half the game wasn't functional.

WITH THAT BEING SAID, I adore the campaigns of the first 3 games. No doubt I'll be going back in with the 4K HDR update. Me and my girlfriend are gonna play all the games together. She's never played halo before.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would love to play these games again but I don't have a Xbox One. PC version would be great!

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The Master Chief Collection has come a long way since that rocky first month. Says a ton about the integrity of 343 Industries that they're willing to devote man-hours and resources to the game's continued improvement, even this far post-release.

I've been playing semi-regularly since what was essentially the collection's square one. Looking forward to seeing what's in store for its future.

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

+1 for wanting a PC version. I believe there were substantiated rumors that it was happening? I don't know but if it does come out on PC I'll definitely play through it and maybe dip into the multiplayer as well. I've only ever played the first game and liked it well enough. Is Reach included in the collection? From what I've heard that's the best one.

Ketta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone talks about problems being solved but just a month ago I had to make 3 xbox live silver accounts to reliably get local multiplayer working.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Put it on PC and I'm there day one, even if I have to go through the microsoft store.

Keirgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Keirgo

Echoing others, I would love a PC version too!

I was hoping during E3 that they would make a surprise announcement, but no. :(