I met a psychic Hearthstone player!

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

The Whispers of the Old Gods expansion has gotten me super back into Hearthstone, although I'm probably still what you'd call a casual. I play ranked to get my new card back at level 20, complete quests in unranked play, and mess around with a combination of netdecks and crap I build on my own.

This morning, I had a quest to cast 40 spells, so I was playing a dumb, spell heavy Yog-Sarron deck against a Druid. It looked like he had taken control of the board with a decent sized taunter and another big tank-y minion, so I dropped Yog and let him go buck wild. I destroyed the taunter and had enough damage on board thanks to a lucky bloodlust and Seal of Champions to kill him. My opponent added me on B'net right after the match and against my better judgement, I accepted. I got this lovely message:

"pay to win nojento nao sabe jogar na raça ne deve ser aquels gordo viado"

Translated from Portuguese, it reads "pay to win disgusting not know how to play in the snow race should be aquels fat fagot"

How in the hell did this guy know I'm fat? That's amazing!

saispag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By saispag

I too have been playing shit loads since the new expansion, such fun!

Just a hint, it's actually easier to do your quests in ranked if your around 20-15, you're more likely to play someone around the right level, whereas a lot of high rank/Legend players will be in the unranked list testing new lists where there losses won't effect their rank.

EDIT: Also, I too have a super silly Yogg deck for the lols and while it normally fucks me more than the other guy, some people do get real upset when they lose to it!

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I've noticed that about ranked. I'm actually up to 16 this month, which is higher than I used to go. I've been messing around with a hybrid shaman that handles most of what I See pretty well, and a miracle rogue that I don't think I'm skilled enough to play, but have lucked into more wins than losses. I have a full on addiction now - I actually watched a LOT of the NA Spring thing that happened last weekend.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

well this is pretty common. if you loose then its because of bullshit rng or the game being pay to win and the opponent definatly payed. and if you win its pure skill

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've definitely been irritated by losses where I never got the cards I needed or my opponent top decked a win...I just cannot imagine caring enough to friend someone to send them an insulting message. It wasn't even a ranked game, and if it HAD been, we're nobodies in the 16-14 range! Video games were a mistake.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@asmo917: the only time I get mad at my opponent is if they're out of control BM with the emotes. That's just so rude, it's just a game. No reason to mock someone. Especially when we're in casual most likely testing new decks or trying to complete a win quest for a non-optimal class. Never added someone to curse them out though, I definitely have better things to do with my time.