Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

Hitsmas comes early this year, as IO interactive, or Square, or whomever, has now made the Game of the Year edition of Hitman free for a whopping two weeks (on Steam and possibly other platforms?) as of today. And Game of the Year it is, at least according to sites such as; nuke.com, videogames.com, rivalvideogamewebsite.com and ofcourse, fuckdanryckert.com. Even Giant Bomb has made a few videos featuring this game.

I recommend all of ya'll who have yet to brutally murder someone with a combination of a high-velocity can of spaghetti and a toilet-induced drowning, to give it a shot. It's a hell of a good time, and it's received so many updates since the last "episode" was released, including an optional higher difficulty setting for the purists, as well as a bunch of other neat additions.

jeremyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 11

Holy crap, everyone needs to pick this up right now. And buy Hitman 2 in November, dammit! IO deserves all the success!

MattGiersoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By MattGiersoni

It's not the full game according to official Hitman twitter, it's just Episode 3: Marrakesh which is still plenty of fun and content. It likely shows that GOTY is free but once you download it only EP3 (+ the first mission which was included in the trial before) will be available. Still, I also totally recommend it, even if it's only an episode it's got hours and hours of content!

The_Greg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marrakesh was the worst level, in my opinion. Still decent though, so anyone that hasn't played Hitman game should jump on this.

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mattgiersoni: Right you are, just Marrakesh. Steam had it very much looking to be the full game, saying "Game of the Year Edition, play for free until 31st July".

Still, it's a fun map, folks oughta' give it a whirl.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By frymillstrum

So it's just a 2 week trial right? You can't own the game forever no? I only ask because my PC can't run it right now but it would be nice to have for the future...

MattGiersoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frymillstrum Seems like it's not forever, not this time, only your save progress will carry over if you decide to buy it.