Hitman (2016) Season 1 missions will be Updated and Playable WITHIN Hitman 2

w00master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By w00master

Awesome and unexpected news. Season 1 missions will be playable within Hitman 2. If you purchased the full Season 1, these will be a free update to Hitman 2:

https://twitter.com/hitman/status/1031526513999470592?s=21

Essentially, this means that the briefcase will finally be available in Season 1. As an example:

No Caption Provided

Edit: Trailer for this announcement

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This better be available to everyone regardless of which version or release you bought.

And the second game better have a freakin' platinum trophy. Checklist goals with no reward was a huge bummer last time out.

fram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Oh this is awesome

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

Super awesome that they're doing this. I was planning on getting this on Xbox, but now I'm not so sure since all my Hitman 1 content is on my PC/Steam account. Shoot...decisions, decisions.

MattGiersoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some IO dev on resetera mentioned that apparently they will also upgrade all the season 1 content with new mechanics that are introduced in Season 2, pretty crazy and awesome! If you don't own any season 1 content it will be DLC.

Avatar image for deactivated-6357e03f55494
deactivated-6357e03f55494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is great, having not been able to really dive into hitman season 1, knowing everything will be located in one place is exciting for sure.

TheFlamingo352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This immediately makes me more interested in Hitman 2. I'll still probably wait to buy for a bit after release, but revisiting these levels with new junk is a pretty nice bonus.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I know they said that there would be a free update for the new version of the season 1 maps but did they say there was gonna be ome sort of deal for the season 1 owners to get the full season 2?

EDIT:

Also, the new social stealth mechanic looks like it could be a huge game changer of the Marrakesh map.

w00master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By w00master

@jonny_anonymous: The Season 1 stuff in Hitman 2 will be a free DLC for those who purchased the full Season 1. As for a "deal" for Hitman 2? Doubtful, since it's the new game.

Avatar image for bicycle_repairman
Bicycle_Repairman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That sounds great! I bet we see a big sale on hitman 1 episodes before 2 launches, keep those eyes peeled, i still need to get the last 2 maps myself.

jeremyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 11

It's fantastic that they're realizing the idea of everything under one roof. When Square Enix dropped the studio I wasn't sure if it would happen. I'm so happy they're retrofitting Hitman 2's improvements into the old maps (for free!). Seems like my investment in this game is well placed.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ShadyPingu

Wow. Consolidating that content under one executable and set of mechanics is great, and not something I expected. I look forward to absolutely destroying those Season 1 levels with suitcase in hand.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Wow. They pulled a Left 4 Dead 2. That's really fucking impressive. I didn't eek as much out of Hitman 2016 as I wanted, so this means I won't have to leave all that content behind until one odd moon I decide to install it all again. Awesome!

Also means this game should take up a ton of my PS4 space lol.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

And my interest has shot up a million percent. I'm a little bummed they're dumping the episodic release schedule, but they're hitting all of the right notes otherwise.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#15 gamer_152  Moderator

This is one of those small conveniences that I really appreciate. I'm also interested to know whether progress from the first game will carry over, although, I know they can't import the leaderboards given the score discrepancies the new features would create.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God dammit. this is kind of frustrating. I have Hitman on PS4 pro but now that I have an Xbox one x, I want Hitman 2 on xbox one x because it performs much better. This announcement kinda ruins that though if it's platform based, right??

what the hell do I do now

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

This rules. I hope they rerun the Season 1 elusive targets in Hitman 2 — I'd love to go through those again with the new mechanics.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiftygism: I don't know why they're obliged to do that; I think what they're doing is cool enough as is.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Wow, that is pretty awesome. Something they didn't have to do at all but is a very nice bonus for quality of life.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ok wait, do I need to buy hitman 2 on the same platform as 1 to get the season 1 gameplay updates?

Or will the season 1 updates be added in for free regardless if you own hitman 2 or not?

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

This is excellent news. I'm definitely buying Hitman 2 now (mainly to see it's RTX implementation, though...)

Memu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gamer_152: Isn't every score on top of the leader board a cheater score anyway?

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#23 gamer_152  Moderator

@memu said:

@gamer_152: Isn't every score on top of the leader board a cheater score anyway?

They seem to be but friend leaderboards still work.

KittySullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ad someone who fell in love be with absolution...this is great news

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By shiftygism

@ripelivejam: They should be obliged, regardless of which collection a person bought as one was released by Square, then got another when they parted ways with extra content which for some reason wasn't available for a discounted price to those who bought the first despite having upgrade links to do so on PSN, but once you landed on the store page was listed as "unavailable." The whole release model last time out was a headache, even for the disc versions.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

I cannot wait for Hitman 2. This is just another good reason to buy it.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm. Oh well. I have Hitman on PS4, but I plan on getting two on the Xbox One X, even when I get a Pro.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I wonder if the GOTY content will go over too, or just the main missions (which may or may not include the summer missions?). Hopefully everything HITMAN S1 goes on sale before HITMAN S2 comes out so folks can make the best of this.

The biggest... I hesitate calling it a flaw, but let's say a shortcoming, with season 1 was that compared to the high bar of the series (Blood Money), 2016 Hitman was woefully short on levels. Season 2 levels plus season 1 levels should make for a damn solid package.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Perhaps they are concerned six new levels won't be enough.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#31 liquiddragon  Online

Am I screwed if I bought the complete season 1 disc version?