This game's camera is just the worst...

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Casepb

Did anyone else seriously hate the camera in this game to the point of not even wanting to play it anymore? I think I'm slowly starting to feel that way, or maybe I'm just really not into the game as a whole? I just got to Meridian and having to run around that big and confusing of a city with the camera so damn crazy close to Aloy it's getting to me. If it would stick to one side I think I could tolerate it more, but it's constantly shifting her in the center to where I can't see jack. I keep mashing on the right stick to make it shift her back to the left but it doesn't stay that way for long. I wish PS4 could use FOV mods or something... I think I just had to vent.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Ya, was not a fan of the camera moving on it's own. Sometimes it would frame the view in a cool way, but more importantly it became super frustrating in combat when it would move things out of my FOV.

I was lukewarm on the game in general but the camera, poor enemy tagging and brain dead climbing where the most annoying parts of the game for me.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Redhotchilimist

I think it's a good camera for third person shooting, but having it be right behind the shoulder during exploration of the open world wasn't ideal. I always got lost in Meridian too, until the endgame.I _think_ you get to the palace by sticling to the outside path from the bonfire, but I forget.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4  Edited By Castiel

This game's combat is just the worst...

Okay worst is maybe a little harsh but 1/3 through the game I felt like I was getting tired of the combat. The copy paste open world missions and flat side quests didn't help. The stiff face animations was also a down side.

After The Witcher 3 open world games needs to do a lot more than just being another Ass Creed game to impress me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The camera is bad but the aiming is even worse for me I'm enjoying the game but everytime I'm in combat I feel like I'm fighting more with the sticks then the enemies I guess M&K has spoiled me.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The camera never stopped annoying me. I'm just glad I managed to finish it because It was a struggle to get through.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By Humanity

@castiel: I really enjoyed Witcher 3 as well but each time people bring up how it stepped it up for open worldgames I struggle to see how. It was fun, the exploration was cool, but movement was largely stilted even in combat and most quests were very by the books Go to point A (story beat) return to quest giver. It had some great writing I'll give you that but it's not like those quests or exploration was anything we haven't seen before on a technical level. It actually very closely resembles Horizon in that you pop on your hunter vision and follow tracks until the inevitable combat begins.

Not trying to attack anyone here I'm just really curious why people find so game changing in the Witcher beyond the writing?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

The FOV in Horizon is definitely way too narrow. It's part of the reason why I didn't want to keep playing.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By handlas

Yes! I mentioned it in a thread I believe and I have never seen anyone else talk about it... I should of started one of those threads "Am I the only one...?". It sways from side to side like it has a mind of it's own unlike EVERY other 3rd person game where it will stay to your left or right unless you change it manually.

I'd literally click the detective vision thing like every minute because that would force it back over your left shoulder. Otherwise it seemed to always want to move back and forth and eventually stay with your character on the left of the screen (BAD!).

One of the things that really ruined the gameplay. Then, on top of that, I just didn't think the story or combat was interesting. And there were sections where you had to climb up rubble/mountains that felt very poorly designed. I wonder why I even finished the game; I'm kind of baffled at how well received it was.

rh51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By rh51

I don't mind the camera in general, but I absolutely hate how it zooms so far in whenever you get to a town/settlement. It's so hard to see where anything is when 1/2 of the screen is taken up by Aloy's back.

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never had a problem with. I guess this is just one of those things I am not as sensitive to for some reason.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

Sounds like a bunch of ppl who haven't played Gravity Rush 2.

Not one to complain that much about camera but holy shit the camera in that game. Nightmare, complete nightmare.

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By Sahalarious

honestly I dont think this is a very good game...it released alongside zelda sure, but ive beaten zelda 4 times now and havent manages to ge tthrough thuis once.

Avatar image for deactivated-987696
deactivated-987696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This game is amazing, especially the combat. Camera is fine, should've had an option for horizontal camera movement speed though.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SethMode

@humanity: I can only speak for myself, but I think the lived-in world, side quests, overall story, and writing were enough for many people to overlook what were considered less-than-great mechanics.

Personally, I really enjoyed the combat and the preparation involved on higher difficulty levels. I didn't mind the movement either, although I did think that their changes improved it. More than anything, I just felt fully immersed in the game for the 150 hours I spent in vanilla, and then even more so in the expansions. Even if I didn't enjoy the combat, it felt like an experience where the whole package came together to outshine any of its lesser parts.

I keep trying to get into Horizon, but I keep falling off of it. The mechanics have been fine to me, but I could not be less interested in anything going on in its world.