User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By how92
conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Christ on a stick, that's ugly. What is up with HTC's industrial design?

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

From the article linked: "Vive Pro includes dual-OLED displays for a crisp picture resolution of 2880 x 1600 combined, a 78% increase in resolution over the current Vive HMD."

You'll also be able to buy the headset standalone, so if you already have the controllers and base stations from the first unit they can be used with the new one. I prefer the solid black color the vive and rift currently have. Not sure how I feel about the Blue/Black combo here. I guess I'll never see it when I'm using it though, so it kinda doesn't matter.

Glad to see better headsets are in the works. I love my Rift, and I can only imagine how much more awesome Vr will get with better displays and wireless capability. We're slowly getting there.

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BrainScratch

The new tech on it seems cool but the headset looks atrocious, they're calling it "Pro" but looks like some cheap toy for kids. Almost looks like a fake product from the late 90s.

And the promotional video just made me laugh, they're presenting this awful design like it's something epic and then use Fallout VR and Doom VFR, which are two really disappointing VR games.

Loading Video...
Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really hoping Oculus is developing their own wireless adapter. I'm also hoping it's not $350 like the TPCAST one. I think around $200 would be a better deal.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Are the ugly headphones detachable?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a923fc7099e3
deactivated-5a923fc7099e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The increased resolution is cool but seeing that most systems have a hard time pushing VR as it is now I wonder how they are going to implement this. I bet some sort of up scaling will be involved. I don't mind the design as long as the comfort is good. And the wireless thing is not really applicable to my use as I use my rift 99% of the time for sim racing so a wire is no problem for me. Also the "pro" marketing makes me worried for pricing.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan
@dgtlty said:

Are the ugly headphones detachable?

I can't imagine they wouldn't be. I know my rift's headphones come off.

Qrowdyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bdead: I'm pretty sure running the incoming video through an uprezzing process is gonna add lag that'll make people nauseous. I suspect you're just gonna have to pony up for a new GPU. Unless they have eye tracking for foveated rendering or use active shutter technology ala 3d tvs. Not likely.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@bdead: at the moment I think it's mainly for video use. The higher res that is. And for future proofing

Nethlem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weird how silent it has become here?
I kinda took a timeout on VR hardware just to come back and realize that wireless VR has suddenly become a very real thing.
Vive+wireless adapter is like 950 monies, for room scale wireless VR that's surprisingly affordable! Now I wish I actually had the space for a room scale VR setup :/

Tho the VR games landscape still looks a bit bland dominated by Beat Sabre and Gorn.

bmccann42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm interested in the wireless adapter but already had 1 Lighthouse break on me and haven't yet sent it in for repair ($90.00 plus shipping both ways).

So I have to think on it at this time.

TheKramer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The accessories are still way too expensive. I broke one of my wands about a year ago and I figured i’d just wait for the knuckle controllers to come out, but I’m sitting here still waiting and not buying any games and I’m certainly not paying $130 for ONE replacement controller. VR is great when it’s all working, but they’ve still got a long way before it becomes viable to the average consumer.