HARDCORE Humongous Entertainment Games now on Steam.

Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gruebacca

Remember Freddi Fish, Pajama Sam, Putt-Putt, and more? Those games were the SHIT when I was 6! All the kids in the daycare I went to were playing these games in the computer room while waiting for their parents to pick them up. Finally, these games are on Steam and will selling at a reduced price for a short time. They are being released in bunches of 5-6 at a time in a biweekly fashion. If you're absolutely hardcore about these games, you can purchase and play right now the entire collection of 27 games for $100.

Speaking of hardcore, the Steam community is totally psyched as much as I am, as the community has decided on tagging the games as "hardcore", putting the likes of Sly Fox and Dark Souls on the same page. Here's the secret: there's no sarcasm involved. These games truly are hardcore!

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

So, is anyone here gonna give in to their nostalgia attacks and play these games again? Who remembers playing this stuff? What Humongous memories do you guys have that you can reminisce on?

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I played my share of Freddi Fish and Putt Putt when I was a lad, but I could not tell you a damn thing about any of those games. Because I was 6.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

I'm torn on buying them. I loved Freddi Fish and Pajama Sam but am I willing to pay that much for all of them? I'm not yet certain.

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I totally missed out on all of these when I was a kid. When I was 6 I was playing Wolfenstein 3-D.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#5 fisk0  Moderator

I had never heard of them before. Not sure if it's because I was a kid earlier than those were popular, or simply that we got an entirely different set of kids' games here in Sweden. I guess a combination makes sense, considering I was already at third or fourth grade at that point, and even among the kids' games I remember from that era were TV tie-ins and the Backpacker series.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was really tempted with the Putt Putt games but, ill don't have to time honestly. Nostalgia is for the WEAK!

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By cornbredx

I've never played them and think it's silly you call them "hardcore." From what I can tell I was a teenager when all these came out so they don't hold anything for me.

Won't judge you for having a nostalgia trip, though. We all do it at some point.

I can't even recall what I was playing when I was 6. I was probably playing a bunch of Atari 2600 games. I remember liking pacman and defender on 2600 a lot.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spy Fox: Dry Cereal is an emotional rollercoaster.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By MocBucket62

I wish I had a steam account to download these nostalgic gems. I played Spy Fox, Freddi Fish, the later Putt-Putt games such as Putt-Putt traveling through time, and Pajama Sam all when I was really young . They probably don't fair well to the likes of the LucasArts point-and-click adventure games, but I dug them back then. Though my question is: Where the hell are the early Backyard Sports games?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7530f19fbe4
deactivated-5d7530f19fbe4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Pajama Sam is the shit. Provolone! Bologna!

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish I had a steam account to download these nostalgic gems. I played Spy Fox, Freddi Fish, the later Putt-Putt games like when he traveled through time and when he went to a zoo, and Pajama Sam all when I was really young . They probably don't fair well to the likes of the LucasArts point-and-click adventure games, but I dug them back then. Though my question is: Where the hell are the early Backyard Sports games?

Yeah I would imagine just the early ones could go up. I'm guessing sadly there is no way to include the ones with licensed players.

Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cornbredx: Yeah, they're not really hardcore. I just think it's great that a good portion of the Steam community has enough reverence for these games to do something silly like tag them as hardcore. That's what's hardcore about it.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fucking Freddi Fish! The nostalgia is strong with this one!

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This is so fucking awesome. Freddi the Fish was the shit! Really hoping some of the earlier Backyard Sports games get released too.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By crusader8463

I was playing Commander Keen, Duke Nukem, Jazz Jackrabbit, Quake, and some Magic School Bus game I'm blanking on back then. God those were some good times.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@crusader8463: Add in Carmen Sandiego and Oregon Trail, and that was my PC childhood.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@butano said:

@crusader8463: Add in Carmen Sandiego and Oregon Trail, and that was my PC childhood.

Because I played stuff like that growing up I always laugh when people complain about using a Mouse and Keyboard to play 2D sidescrollers.

I also played some edutainment Math game a lot, but I can't remember anything about it other than that it had frogs eating bugs and some how you made math by doing it. OH! And that Lego Island game Drew played on some UPF. Played the fuck out of that.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I was playing Commander Keen, Duke Nukem, Jazz Jackrabbit, Quake, and some Magic School Bus game I'm blanking on back then. God those were some good times.

That Magic School Bus game was fuckin dope. It was side-scrolling and you controled the bus right? I think they had the episode where they went inside some sick kid represented somehow in the game. Or maybe not. I just really liked that episode.

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

i used to play something called race the nags gambling with the fellas in the mighty windows 3.0

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never played the Humongous games, but this thread turning into memories of Apogee sidescrollers and (holy shit) Race The Nags makes me so happy.

lun49gameon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By lun49gameon
No Caption Provided

I do remember seeing these when I was a kid but I was born in 94 and when I was 5 and 6 years old in 2000 to 2001 I played Cluefinders and Jumpstart. I think I remember playing a game called Math blaster in my second grade class. I also played too much of the Oregon Trail on my friends computer, it wasn't the version from the 80's but a revised version maybe Oregon Trail 2 or oregon trail 4th edition. I had so much fun with this game when i was a kid. I feel like you guys got the better childhood with games like putt putt and pajama sam. I did play a spy fox game that i got at a yard sale when I was a kid but I don't remember what it was about.

No Caption Provided

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

Oh shit I totally remember seeing those games, even though I never played them. Well this can only mean one thing: Quick looks.

Get on it Giant Bomb.

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SPY FOX.

Nuff said.

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pajama Sam is the shit. Provolone! Bologna!

You mean cheese and crackers.

Prestige

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By Prestige

All these games must have been after my time. When I was a kid, I played this:

No Caption Provided

That ain't coming to Steam.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Fatty Bear? NO FUCKING SALE

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

why is spyfox always the one everyone forgets its the one i played as a kid and just replayed it through steam. its dumb but is a fun one hour adventure game for nostalgia

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I bought putt-putt's balloon-o-rama, which is i suppose, the game I have the fondest memories of. It's kind of a crappy breakout clone and the frame rate is downright terrible but yeah, my six-year-old self didn't know any better.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0d1bbdad7de
deactivated-5d0d1bbdad7de

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome!

I just hope they don't put Thinkin' Things Collections 1-3 on there, because that would probably result in me collapsing on the floor and spazing out like nobody's fucking business. I loved those games way too much.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@steamrickroller: Yeeeeessss. Thinkin' Things 3 is *still* fun as a grown-ass man. (at least, the marble and marching band games... the Fripple and business octopus ones are very much only for the intended age group) I was technically too old for it when it came out, but I still enjoyed the hell out of it.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezakael said:

I'm torn on buying them. I loved Freddi Fish and Pajama Sam but am I willing to pay that much for all of them? I'm not yet certain.

Just buy the ones you played as a kid for the nostalgia hit, only £2.99

Scampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Scampbell

Not really the games I was playing at that time, probably due to the fact that I was fourteen. Though I'm not even sure these games even made their way to my country's education system. I barely remember any edutainment from my school days, those I recall where nothing more than an interactive quiz.

iotanon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

*looks* Oh yeah, I remember those demos. Cool! *goes back to playing Backyard Baseball like a Baus*

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I played the crap out of Pajama Sam 2.