Free on PC,PS4, and Xbox

Avatar image for deactivated-63cd8ec76d97f
deactivated-63cd8ec76d97f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

As per the title this is now free until June 26th. https://twitter.com/wbgames/status/1273963749607723008?s=20

CupOfDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Is the story mode good in this one? I know that nether realms has a history of making story modes people like but, this game game did come out 7 years ago at this point, and I legit can't remember if this is one was well liked.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@cupofdoom: I think I tried it once and got bored somewhat quickly. I didn't MIND the story but flipping between characters so often made it really difficult to get a grip on the gameplay.

Avatar image for deactivated-63cd8ec76d97f
deactivated-63cd8ec76d97f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cupofdoom: It's pretty good, however the story while also featuring character switching as Rorie pointed out, also has minigames throughout it that you might find distracting. Overall I remember enjoying it.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@cupofdoom said:

Is the story mode good in this one? I know that nether realms has a history of making story modes people like but, this game game did come out 7 years ago at this point, and I legit can't remember if this is one was well liked.

Extremely biased NetherRealm fan opinion chiming in here, so take everything I have to say with a grain of salt.

Injustice is probably the most accessible DC Comics story of the last ten years, and may or not be one of the most influential. BUT, it isn't without some shortcomings—the biggest one being, if you aren't at least somewhat interested in the DC cast of characters, including some of its more obscure stalwarts.

The premise is super interesting (What if personal trauma turned Superman into a fascistic, iron-fisted ruler? What if Batman had to lead the underground revolution to stop him?), but there are some hilarious leaps that take place in order for the premise to hold any water. A Kryptonite pill, for instance, that all non-Superman-allied characters take in order to withstand being thrown through a building or rocketed into space. It's a story dripping with comic book cheese. If you can buy into its numerous conceits, you'll have a pretty good time.

Have you played any of the other NetherRealm singleplayer campaigns? If so, you pretty much know what you're in for here, structurally. It's a six-to-seven hour story that has enough twists and turns and character variety to keep things consistently fresh.

I genuinely loved the feel of Injustice, preferring it even to the Mortal Kombats of its era (9 and X). It feels a little more accessible, a little cleaner, and, thanks to the smart way NetherRealm incorporates each hero's superpowers, entertainingly bombastic.

For free, you can't go wrong.

djredbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To bad its not 2 cause 1 was already free on PS Plus for Dec. 2014

hansberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@djredbat: Getting it now should break it away from being tied to your PS Plus subscription.

CupOfDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@inevpatoria: Thanks for the detailed response. I don't know if I'll jump into immediately but knowing that it is more accessible than MK has made me a interested in checking it out.

My investment in DC characters basically begins and ends with Batman and his associated characters. However, the premise of "what if Superman was evil" does seem fascinating, at least compared to my lack of interest in regular Superman. So yeah, I'll try to play a few hours of this at some point.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By mrfluke

Between this going free and Injustice 2 is like $5, Pretty much indirectly confirms an Injustice 3, they are pushing Injustice hard. and it backs up that they are hiring for a next gen Injustice.

It's pretty fun, and it's a fun story, even for people who are not super into DC stuff. and don't worry too much about the difficulty, if you lose story fights enough, the game like reduces the difficulty automatically

north6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By north6

Every time i play a story mode in a Netherrealms game I'm carried on a wave of "holy shit this is a fighting game and the story clearly has some effort behind it". I feel that way throughout the length of the story, and then it's over. I genuinely don't know if any of these stories are good or not, it's 100% novelty. It's like watching a dog walk on hind legs, or seeing your teacher at the grocery store.

Basically it's a meta-narrative of how people feel about stories in video games in general that we're just starting to get over.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@djredbat: Getting it now should break it away from being tied to your PS Plus subscription.

Not if you are an active PS+ member, it will show as purchased and cant be permanently linked like a normal purchase. You might be able to get customer service to remove it then buy it, but they give the line about this being a "one time favor", so im not sure if its worth it. And i hear PSN also has a problem with PS Now games where if you download the games they show up as "purchased" so long as it is still active, which sucks if there is a sale because you can miss out on a good price for a game in the monthly rotation. They only time i think Sony worked around that was for the two free stay at home/lockdown games.

Its one of the main reasons im not using Now, because i would probably only use it for months here and there, but may get screwed over on PS+ games or sales. They need to work on PS+ and Now games so if you want you can just purchase a real copy with an active subscription.