Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

iRacing is a super-realistic sim racer. Giant Bomb is a website about video games that doesn't take itself too seriously. Naturally, they're a perfect fit for each other. That's why we have a league over 65 members strong ready to race anything whenever it's convenient.

If you like the idea of iRacing and can afford it, you should join us.

To Join:

1. Have a giantbomb.com account.Post in this thread to let me know you're interested. You don't need to divulge any info here other than your interest, it's just to confirm you have an account for the next steps.
  2. Fill out our extended application on Google Forms right here. It's quite a few questions, and you don't have to answer them all, but a standardized response sheet beats "I'm basically available anytime" when trying to judge what time's best for setting up races.
  3. Apply to the league on iRacing.com. We'll see you applied, find your response in the extended application, and let you in. Easy!

NOTE: If you send an application on iRacing.com and don't post in here or fill out the extended app, your application will likely be ignored, and I'll ask you to complete the whole sign-up process via a PM on iRacing. Once you've completed the process, I'll let you into the league.

Rules:

• Don't be a jerk. Just like on Giant Bomb. Try to race clean in any races that aren't intentionally set up to be full-contact, and be nice to one another.
  • Don't be an elitist jerk, seriously. Everybody has to start somewhere to get into racing. Don't be an ass or look down on someone just because they're making rookie mistakes. Being helpful's a lot more...helpful, and we're not exactly a sim racing community. It's better to be all-inclusive to all cool duders.

Aside from that, I'm excited to welcome all interested Giant Bomb users to the league, and welcome any suggestions. Here's the league!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SEASON SCHEDULE

Formula Duder

No Caption Provided

Session times:

Fridays at 10pm EST - Timezone converter

Race details:

• Car: Star Mazda
    • 40 minute practise session
    • 5-10 minute single-lap qualifying session
    • 30 minute race
    • Weather: Realistic

Schedule:

DateTrack
10th OctoberSebring
17th OctoberOkayama
24th OctoberSpa
7th NovemberDaytona (Bike)
14th NovemberSuzuka
21st NovemberInterlagos
5th DecemberBathurst
12th DecemberDonington
19th DecemberMontreal

CURRENT CHAMPION (Season 3): Travis_Mihm

Season 2: Khann

Season 1: Slowbird

BOMBCAR

No Caption Provided

Session times:

Saturdays at 9pm EST - Timezone converter

Race details:

• Car: Nationwide B-class
    • 1 lap qualifying
    • varied length race

Schedule:

DateTrackName
11th OctoberDaytonaThe No One Man Should Have All That Power 125
18th OctoberCharlotteThe No No No Please Don't Shake The Baby 100
25th OctoberDarlingtonYes We're Doing This Track Again Shut Up Presented By Taco Bell
8th NovemberBristolThe Fighter Jets Inside A Gymnasium 150
15th NovemberWatkins Glen - ClassicThe Edible Fork Grand Prix at The Glen
22nd NovemberDoverThe Dover 75 Sponsored By Dave Lang's Turnover
6th DecemberAuto Club SpeedwayThe Taswell Memorial 90
13th DecemberPhoenixThe Cones Go Here Grand Prix of Phoenix Presented by Stay Off The Damn Apron
20th DecemberRichmondPie Flush 85

CURRENT CHAMPION (Season 2): Slowbird

Season 1: Slowbird

GBGT

No Caption Provided

Session times:

Sundays at 8pm EST - Timezone converter

Race details:

• Car: RUF Track, McLaren MP4-12C, BMW Z4
    • 20 minute open qualifying session
    • 75/60/45 minute race.
    • Weather: 70F, 50 Humidity, 0mph wind, Partly Cloudy

Schedule:

DateTrackRace Length
12th OctoberBathurst75 min
19th OctoberDaytona (Road)60 min
26th OctoberDonington (National)

45 min

9th NovemberSebring (Night)75 min
16th NovemberSpa60 min
23rd NovemberRoad America45 min
7th DecemberRoad Atlanta75 min
14th DecemberInterlagos60 min
21st DecemberBrands Hatch45 min

CURRENT CHAMPION (Season 2): Iron1c

Season 1: Khann

OPEN PRACTISE SESSIONS

Before every GBGT and Formula Duder race, we host a 2 hour open practise session. These sessions are great if you're new to the league and feeling a bit uncomfortable, wanting to get some extra practise in, or just want to hang out with some of the folks from the league. These sessions start 2 hours before the main sessions and can be found on the "Hosted Sessions" section of the iRacing website. Just search for the Giant Bomb room!

4TH WEEKEND EVENTS

We're doing things a little different this season. Every 4th week we'll be taking a break from usual league stuff and having some fun races. These events could be anything from figure-8 races to F1 races. Guaranteed fun!

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

Hey, hi! I've given Khann the BOMBCAR schedule so he can add it to the first post.

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By IroN1c

So, did you "mess up" the timezones or are all the races actually later?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iron1c: I more than likely messed up the timezones. All races should be the same time as last season (before DST kicked in), except FD which is an hour later. Could someone in the US help me out here?

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last season the Friday and Saturday races were 9 PM EST and the Sunday race was 8 PM EST.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, should be corrected now. Unless there is a specific EST timezone for when DST is happening?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One thing I've forgotten is teams! If people want to team up in GBGT or FD, let everyone know in this thread. It's just for a bit of fun, no pressure :D You don't have to do it right now either, team points can be calculated retroactively if you aren't able to get your team together for a few races.

I'll team up with @mouse for GBGT if he'll have me, and @sebw again in Formula Duder if he's still interested in racing.

sebw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By sebw

I'll be in for FD again, not sure about the other series though. And yeah, @khann, let's bring back AUSBOMB!

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

Switched the pins around. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help -- I still owe you my streaming overlays, since I never got around to correcting the BOMBCAR overlay's issue with the lap counter.

ConnorPOZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I will be without a teammate this season (the teammate I will have later has class late fridays this term), but I will still be running for the team I will be with next season. I'll post the details on that as soon as I finish the livery. The 4th week stuff also sounds fun. (This is all FD stuff)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

c0braje7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I heard that you guys have a pretty cool group of sim racers. Any chance I could join in the next season of your racing? I guess I might need a teammate as well.

c0braje7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheOtherMiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I happened to notice your league on iRacing. I'm a long time Bombcast listener and iracer. I'm filling out the registration and I hope to race with you guys sometime, maybe even this Friday.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@c0braje7: I guess we can let you race with us, if we have to.

@theothermiles: Welcome! The season kicks off this weekend so feel free to jump in :D

c0braje7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ConnorPOZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ConnorPOZ

10/8/2014 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Introducing Scuderia Suppy Limon Pepino

No Caption Provided

Scuderia Suppy Limon Pepino is proud to announce their entry for Season 4 of Formula Duder, named for the best flavor of Gatorade. Scuderia Suppy will run with just one car at first, as we spent most of our funding on delicious Gatorade.

No Caption Provided

Routinely holding down last place (also known as the Max Chilton podium) former Team Slowpoke driver ConnorPOZ will helm the wheel this season, occasionally joined by his future teammate AtlusChi depending on scheduling (is that Riley's username? Who knows.)

Scuderia Suppy Limon Pepino started with humble beginnings in the MX-5 and are happy to be making the jump to open wheel racing.

No Caption Provided

Maybe, just maybe, we won't get last place in the Constructors Championship.

ConnorPOZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I figured I would procrastinate from my normal job of ignoring press releases and write one myself.

@c0braje7 I would be so down to play this game, I bought it last year just for the tech demo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@connorpoz: That's one hell of a shade of green :D

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By slowbird

@c0braje7: TEAM FORD RACING yesssssssssssss :D

(also, yes that Wreckfest game is amazing and everyone should buy it)

ConnorPOZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ConnorPOZ

@khann: only the best for my team haha

No Caption Provided
c0braje7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By c0braje7

@slowbird: I'm not big on making paint jobs so if you have a team look you want to run send me the files. I'm looking forward to some Bombcar/ GBGT running since I can only run on Saturday and Sunday.

c0braje7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do I need to re-register for this series? In Iracing it shows that I am in the league so I'm a little confused. I also don't see the Bombcar races on the league schedule.

ConnorPOZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@c0braje7: once you're in a league it should be fine, we just start a new season. I bet you can't see BOMBCAR because it hasn't been added there yet.

Some please correct me if I'm wrong, but this is what I believe is the case

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@c0braje7: No need to re-register. Just show up at the race and you'll be all good.

Also yeah, BOMBCAR hasn't been set up just yet.

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By slowbird

oops I should probably set up BOMBCAR, yeah.

ConnorPOZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Season starts tomorrow, I guess I should like practice or something...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@connorpoz: Well, don't forget that we have the 2 hour sessions before every event, so feel free to jump in that.

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FYI: I'm giving BOMBCAR an extra fast repair, so that's THREE per race now, so everyone should have a better chance to make it to the finish...which will also help you score extra "still running at the finish" bonus points! Also instead of a regular season and a chase, we'll run THE WHOLE SEASON AS A CHASE (with two drop weeks) IT'S THE CHASE FOR THE CUP STARTING RIGHT AWAY WOOOOOOOOOOO

@c0braje7: I'll have to see what I can round up for a team paint. If not, then just something cool with Ford logos on it.

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, so we're using fixed setups for BOMBCAR this season. If it works well, great! If not, we'll revisit the idea after the season. Just a few notes:

1. Because of the fixed setups, solo testing is much more feasible, so we won't run the 2-hour open practice for BOMBCAR.

2. For those wanting to do solo test sessions, the weather for each race is visible HERE on this beautiful schedule so that you can set up your test session's weather exactly the same as the race. (If you need help changing your test session weather, just ask)

3. In almost all cases, these will be the iRacing-supplied setups for each specific track, so you can practice for the race without downloading anything.However, for Watkins Glen Classic, the iRacing setup will be modified slightly to adjust the gearing for the Classic layout. I will share the modified setup on the forums for testing purposes the week of the race.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first race of the new season start in just under an hour. Star Mazda at Sebring. Be there or be square!

Avatar image for thesupernatural
TheSupernatural

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Totally forgot about last night, sorry guys! Had my girlfriend over and had to get up really early this morning for a field trip (doing research about the California gold rush in the 1850's)

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Y'all better show up for some crazy fun plate-racing today or...you're missing out.

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@c0braje7 We could run this paint scheme for BOMBCAR, with different number colors (orange/green?) Still not sure what to do for GBGT.

c0braje7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't free practice supposed to be up right now?

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@c0braje7: No more 2 hour practice for BOMBCAR, since we're using fixed setups this season! Also...what's to practice at Daytona ;)

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By slowbird

Just under an hour to the start of practice now :D DAYYYYYYYYTOOOOOONNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAA LET'S GO AWAY (let's go away)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2 hours of open practise for GBGT is up now! BATHURST HYPE!

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

c0braje7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By c0braje7

Good race today. It was definitely about survival. I felt the rust from not doing any road racing for a few weeks. Congrats to everyone that finished! Back to the garage to figure out how to drive the Porsche, I love the way it handles but I need some seat time.

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah the RUF definitely has its quirks.

Terrible race for me. Was trying way too hard and that ended things pretty quick.

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Woo! That was probably one of my best races ever. I don't think I had a single spin, though I definitely got sideways a few times. Feels good to win at such a tough track :D

Then 2nd/3rd/4th had a good battle at the end of the race too. Pretty cool.

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two second places definitely make a good racing weekend for me! I enjoyed the strategy in BOMBCAR (watching the Relative box and seeing those seconds tick down and wondering if we could make it was quite interesting!) and the first pit stop was hilarious - and let to the excitement later on. Unfortunately I tried way too hard on the last pit stop, so I couldn't compete for a win. Congratulations to @mouse for his first Nationwide-BOMBCAR win! (I know you've won in the Late Model and Exhibition race before :D )

I didn't have the most speed for GBGT, but felt pretty confident around the track - seeing @khann and @hayfourzee crashing in front of me, early in the race, made me slow down a bit but eventually I hit the wall as well. A good recovery drive let to a second place which was kind of disappointing, considering I led for a while, but all in all a pretty good result considering where I started.

Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice to win Daytona (and it was cool to see how ridiculous team-drafting is with @iron1c), though I hope to win at another track this season. Should be a pretty tight championship!

My RUF's fuel advantage could have got me the win at Bathurst, even though my tires dropped off badly in the last ~15 minutes, so it would have been difficult. Didn't matter though; hit the wall and had to pit for repair. I should have changed tires then; could have fought for the podium with fresher rubber at the end. Oh well, still enjoyed the race!

The RUF factory team (official name pending) will be out for blood at Daytona. :D

ConnorPOZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slowbird@khann so on the PM we got about FD changing time slots it says "moving up an hour" I assume up means an hour earlier? i.e. 6pm for me and 9pm for east coast? (which is totally fine by me) If this is the case the league sessions haven't been changed yet, all mine still say 7pm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@connorpoz: Yep, an hour earlier. Sessions will be changed today.

Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mouse said:

The RUF factory team (official name pending) will be out for blood at Daytona. :D

Looking forward to blinding you all with our hyper-gaudy Team RUF Giant Bomb paints. :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Session times for Formula Duder and GBGT have been updated and are now 1 hour earlier than they were before. Make sure to check here so you're sure of the new times.

Sorry for the change, but it'll be better this way!

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

two and a half hours until bombcar! get your popcorn ready because we're all gonna crash :D