iRacing is a super-realistic sim racer. Giant Bomb is a website about video games that doesn't take itself too seriously. Naturally, they're a perfect fit for each other. That's why we have a league over 65 members strong ready to race anything whenever it's convenient.
If you like the idea of iRacing and can afford it, you should join us.
- Have a giantbomb.com account.Post in this thread to let me know you're interested. You don't need to divulge any info here other than your interest, it's just to confirm you have an account for the next steps.
- Fill out our extended application on Google Forms right here. It's quite a few questions, and you don't have to answer them all, but a standardized response sheet beats "I'm basically available anytime" when trying to judge what time's best for setting up races.
- Apply to the league on iRacing.com. We'll see you applied, find your response in the extended application, and let you in. Easy!
NOTE: If you send an application on iRacing.com and don't post in here or fill out the extended app, your application will likely be ignored, and I'll ask you to complete the whole sign-up process via a PM on iRacing. Once you've completed the process, I'll let you into the league.
- Don't be a jerk. Just like on Giant Bomb. Try to race clean in any races that aren't intentionally set up to be full-contact, and be nice to one another.
- Don't be an elitist jerk, seriously. Everybody has to start somewhere to get into racing. Don't be an ass or look down on someone just because they're making rookie mistakes. Being helpful's a lot more...helpful, and we're not exactly a sim racing community. It's better to be all-inclusive to all cool duders.
Aside from that, I'm excited to welcome all interested Giant Bomb users to the league, and welcome any suggestions. Here's the league!