GO BE A FAMILY MAN.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 46

I'm sort of at a loss for words right now, but there is one thing I am sure of. Jeff Gerstmann will always and forever will be a threat.

sizzlerxanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This is a really wonderful website that has gotten me through multiple hard times. Thank you Jeff.

mothra42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What a legend. Thanks for everything Jeff!

chrispy145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The bomb has been dismantled...

bigmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Thanks Jeff but it’s truely all over here

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF

GERSTMAN!!!

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bigsocrates

Jeff and the other OGs built the greatest gaming website ever and had an absolutely incredible run. Nothing but respect for the king of energy drink reviews.

I hope that whatever he does next is public facing and really really weird. Is that selfish? Regardless, I wish him the absolute best and if he chooses to do something public facing I will be checking out that project regardless of what it is.

That's right, I'm ready to invest in Gerstcoin!

Avatar image for deactivated-63cd8ec76d97f
deactivated-63cd8ec76d97f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hoping what ever Jeff does next he's happy and healthy doing it, and if it allows I'll follow him no matter what. <> to the legend

stanek1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeff will always be a threat in my heart

thefloorislava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Jeff brought Trimps into my life and I will forever remember that he is the one that did that.

wwfundertaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 25

I have followed Jeff since 2000 and will continue to do so. Thank you for everything you have done on this website. On to the next adventure.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d17e8766caf
deactivated-63d17e8766caf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

VectortheAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

So...since it's his last day I take it there won't be a big send off stream like for everyone else? Seems strange considering he literally created Giant Bomb.

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing but love for Jeff, this place really means a lot to me and he's given so much time and effort to it. I hope he has a great time doing whatever comes next.

RockSteady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bye Jeff.

ALLTheDinos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Jeff is the reason I started visiting this site and the reason I came back to it after a long hiatus. I’m gonna miss the hell out of him.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Jeff's great, a huge part of my gaming exposure for a long time. His tastes didn't always align with mine but I always respected this ability to explain his perspective.

While not entirely surprising, I'm very curious about what happens next. Once Andy McNamara left Game Informer and when I left a long-tenured job, it made me realize that sometimes change just has to happen personally. Jeff will land in his feet, the dude's a huge part of the gaming industry, but yeah... kind of crazy to see the post.

I like the remaining GB team so sounds like this might be best for everyone.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Man, never thought I'd see the day.

you're the man Jeff, utterly one of a kind and utterly irreplaceable. I hope we see you somewhere else in games media. You're still a threat and still needed

I'm really at a loss for words tbh

Avatar image for wasteland_alpha
WasteLand_Alpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GG

Thank you Jeff.

Afro_Stevens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeff's been absolutely indispensable over the years when it comes to talking about games. Hope everything goes well, we love you.

Avatar image for deactivated-63e25d72b6044
deactivated-63e25d72b6044

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeff G is the GiantBomb.

Without Jeff its just another domain on the web.

Gfeltner78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legends never die

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

Much love to the rest of the team, but I didn't show up as much when Alex, Vinny and Brad left, and now with Jeff gone, I think my time here at GB is over. It was a wild ride. There were times in my life where GB and their voices was the only constant thing that could keep me sane, and going. Thanks for everything you did, Jeff, back in GS, GB and whatever you do in the future, I'm gonna be there for it.

Always stay a threat.

Lively

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

bboymaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Too many quotables to choose from but “Nothing stops the Endurance Run, Motherfucker” sticks out. The Persona 4 Endurance Run changed the trajectory of my life.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

Jeff is hilarious, insightful, incredibly smart, and absolutely one of a kind. He's also one of the most important figures in games media and I selfishly hope he stays in the public eye, at least in some capacity.

Thank you for the last 14 amazing years of entertainment. I kinda can't believe this.

Smeatbass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Smeatbass

https://youtu.be/RPPPeyflV5I

This is the funniest thing I've ever heard in 18 years of listening to podcasts. Jeff is just gold. I really don't know how it goes on without the guy who founded it.

I love Giant Bomb, and have listened to it since 2009, and while I now have over 730 episodes to listen to, and reminisce about, I think my energy will be on Nextlander for the foreseeable future. Once Jeff announces what he's doing next, I'll be there if it's public.

I'll check back and see how things are for Giant Bomb, but for now, I just have "See you next game, Jeff". Always stay a threat.

MobiusFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There were too many Jeffs. One had to go.

o7

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Pour one out for the motherfucking god. US Pipe forever!

kidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeff was only reason that could get me to listen to the Bombcast since the Nextlander guys quit. I've been here since arrow pointing down, and this is the end of GB as far as I'm concerned. Big Jeff is the absolute best ever.

donutello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank You Jeff.

<>

Mendelson9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

DukeKaboom89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too human mother *****! Man you never think it should but hearing people leave is super sad and this one hits hard! I’ve been watching Jeff Gerstmann talk about games since like 2006! He will still be around of course and I am sure he has something lined up so looking forward to that and I will tune in tomorrow to see what’s happening with the site but for me… this is an end of an era.

Giant Bomb felt like the evolution of what he was doing at gamespot and what the industry ‘should’ of been doing at the time, Personality based content. Maybe I’m exaggerating but there wasn’t a lot of that before Giant Bomb.

Whatever he does next he left a mark on this industry that started with gamespot but will forever be etched in time with Giant Bomb!

Well deserved cheers to Jeff Gerstmann!

TurkBurgBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidman: I’m there with you. I dropped off GB for a minute after they left. Jeff brought me back on.

The vibe of the site was morphing and eroding for a while, even before the big departures last summer. While I still enjoyed listening and watching it was mainly to listen to Jeff.

I’ve been following along with GB since about 09-10. This feels final. It’s been fun.

ac3933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was listening to some other show when I first started my then-new job around 10 years ago. Didn't know what Giant Bomb was, but Gerstmann was on it. I don't even remember what it was, but it was right after Weekend Confirmed died, so I had a huge videogame podcast hole in my heart. Anyway, been here ever since, and I'll be wherever he goes next. So I guess, see everyone on Twitch tomorrow?

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Sanity

Haven't been active here in a bit and gave up my premium awhile ago, but not for any real issue with the site, just that life changes and priorities change. Thanks Jeff and everyone who made the site in the first place, it helped me through some rough times, i hope it evolves and continues so it might shine some happiness on someone else and help them too. Sounds lame talking about a website like this but for a long time the videos here and the bombcast were highlights of my day and really kept me sane.

All the best to Jeff and the rest of the group, im sure Ginat Bomb will be fine.

Nayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna have to post here again for the first time in, (checks notes), oh my god it has been a long time.

Big love to Jeff. Been here since day one, feels kind of odd that this is how it ends but I guess that's corporate buyouts for ya. I'd always felt that Giant Bomb was Ryan, Jeff, Brad & Vinny and now that's no longer the case I'm not sure how I feel. No slight on anybody else who works here, but personality based platforms are often more about the people who made the thing than the thing itself. Can't wait to see what Jeff does next, I'll be following for sure. <3

RyanMacouver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's sad to finally see the Giant Bomb journey is over.

sub_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

I started listening to gaming podcasts, thanks to 1UP and Hotspot.
So, thanks to Jeff G for that. I will follow him wherever he goes.

Hope he will still do something public facing, not working for gaming companies behind the scenes.

Thanks Jeff! Warthog! If you made a dog that poops out chimkin and dumpling, I'd put my mouth right next to that dog's ass

Loading Video...

El_Blarfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeff's super power is his ability to combine really solid journalistic and critical chops with silly, entertaining bullshit.

Take the work seriously, never take yourself too seriously.

Thanks for your work, Jeff. Whatever you do next, I wish you happiness and success.

Judoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have followed Jeff since 2000 and will continue to do so. Thank you for everything you have done on this website. On to the next adventure.

This sums up my experience. In 2000 I got timewarner roadrunner broadband internet and set Gamespot to my 'homepage' when that used to be a thing. Gamespot became my home on the internet. Then Giantbomb. I selfishly hope Gerstmann continues to do something publicly on the internet. Or as a consolation follows Ryckert's model and streams weekly.

Lab392

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Lab392
Loading Video...

isawachuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I have followed Jeff G and company since their time at Gamespot and I have been here on GB since day one. To me, the core of GB has always been Jeff G, Vinny, Ryan, and Brad. That is not to say that I haven't enjoyed my time here with Dan, Drew, Jason, Jan, and etc. The early days of GB will always be the best memories for me as it made me feel like I was part of the website. I will be listening to the Bombcast tomorrow to see what the future of GB is, but I am honestly not sure how I feel about continuing my sub right now. Best of luck Jeff G, I hope I get to see what you do next.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you for all those years of great and creative 'Content', Jeff. You near made GB a true Show to view, just not a collection of various video game reviews and such. As the saying goes, greater than the sum of it's parts.

Utilizing innovative media for unique and also personal takes on Video games and adjunct pastimes. And then beyond that, for contemporary culture and events as they have happened.

It's been a hell of a ride, even at one point a tragic one. But it is something I have been seriously attuned for ever since GB was founded.

Thank you so very much.

BuckBuchanan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeff. THANK YOU for sharing countless hours of your specific brand of bullshit. It has brought me more joy than I could convey here. Go continue to be excellent. ❤️

Avatar image for relentlessrolento
RelentlessRolento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raise those kids proud.