Project B.E.A.S.T. - Something in memory of our favorite Kerbal...

BottledBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

He died as he lived, face first at 200mph.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for thelastgunslinger
thelastgunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Bill was murdered by a program that prides success (or the perception there of) over the safety of the brave Kerbals they shove into deadly rockets. Remember Bill. Remember the truth.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Bullet Bill did go home... home in the hearts of all those he loved. And he will live so long as we remember him. As a Kerbal. As an astronaut. As a patriot.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By mikemcn

These claims about the tragic loss of Bill are unfounded and un-Kerbal, a technical malfunction occurred that caused his jetpack to activate uncontrolled. Command gave no orders for him to use his jetpack in such a reckless manner. Bill knew the risks. A senate committee will be convened to ensure that no sabotage by Kommunist agents occured. This remains a triumph for all Kerbals in putting one of our own on the mun, a triumph Bill would be proud of.

Great picture though!

rockyboyussr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Bill Kerbal" is alive and well. This entire sham of "Moon Landing" landing was filmed on a Kerbalwood sound stage to create a patriotic hero and whip up the masses to secure more funding for the B.E.A.S.T. program. Wake up, sheeple!

bill_mcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Bill Kerbal" is alive and well. This entire sham of "Moon Landing" landing was filmed on a Kerbalwood sound stage to create a patriotic hero and whip up the masses to secure more funding for the B.E.A.S.T. program. Wake up, sheeple!

The angle and color of shadows are inconsistent and if you invert the colors and adjust the gamma slightly you can make out the craft services table in the background. Sloppy, just sloppy.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mirado

"We chose to go to the moon, not because it is easy, but because it's easy to hide the bodies of dead Kerbals."

- Probably J.F.K (John Fitzgerald Kerman)

DemiGodRaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rockyboyussr said:

The angle and color of shadows are inconsistent and if you invert the colors and adjust the gamma slightly you can make out the craft services table in the background. Sloppy, just sloppy.

There's no wind on the Mun, why is the flag wrinkled?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Did we see the body after the crash? I don't remember a body so I think he's still up there.

Bill as a space martyr is what they WANT us to think.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Psh, I'm keeping it OG with the first Bill.

fugoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bill was murdered by a program that prides success (or the perception there of) over the safety of the brave Kerbals they shove into deadly rockets. Remember Bill. Remember the truth.

They wanted to cover it up by ending the episode and just replacing him, but I'll never forget. They used Bill as a means to an end.

Follow the Money

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Vinny is a murder.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bottledbacon: It may be because I'm tired, but 'face first at 200mph.' gave me the giggles for like two minutes.

That is pretty awesome though.

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikemcn: Exactly, any other statements contrary to The State's reports on the matter should be reported to the nearest constabulary for reassignment and re-education.

apearse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like Kerbal Space Program is just a commentary on NASA's use of monkeys and other animals in rocket ship tests of yesteryears. And Vinny was the head of NASA back in the day.

Also I was wondering how effective the tutorials are in this game since it seems like a blast but utterly impenetrable?

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinny's approach seems more Soviet. I look forward to Kerbal Nuclear Power Plant.

"Explosion at Kerbnobyl? Nah, that's... just really warm."

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@mikemcn: Exactly, any other statements contrary to The State's reports on the matter should be reported to the nearest constabulary for reassignment and re-education.

We have always known that Bill Kermann is dead by accident.

apearse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig haha you are probably right, but one day Vinny will get his Sputnik.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apearse: There are some good tutorials on specific maneuvers but largly the trial and error IS the game. The physics and layout are so solid you always get the feedback you need to advance your designs. It may take you many hours to safly land on the moon (mun) but you will have fun not only in doing so but also in getting there.

Starting from blank in sandboxmode like Vinny are doing may not be the best way to play the game however. There is a career mode which ease you into it so you dont have to deal with 100 different fueltanks when you cant even tell them apart.

apearse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rethla thanks so much. Yea I like the way Vinny is doing it for a video feature, but as someone who mainly plays games by themselves I get really frustrated by the trial and error method if I'm not laughing and enjoying it with someone else. The career mode sounds like the structure that I need to ease me into it and teach me the basics so that I can build a baller space ship.

blueneurosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game really picks up once you escape the elaborate sound stage and have a rip roaring Capricorn One scenario.

johnnymcginley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By johnnymcginley

Goodnight sweet prince.

woodroez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mirado said:

"We chose to go to the moon, not because it is easy, but because it's easy to hide the bodies of dead Kerbals."

- Probably J.F.K (John Fitzgerald Kerman)

+1, that's a healthy post right there.

BottledBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's just say I saved the PSD in preparation for future... redundancies in the Kerbal workforce.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't worry there are many more clones waiting to join the program, bill will never die.

ToySoldier83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Bill can never die! Only the Kerbals who play him!"

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360: Yeh this is Bill clone number 2, everyone has already forgotten Bill number 1 ;)

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Honestly, Bill probably got off easy compared to Jebediah, still drifting helplessly in the middle of the ocean with no hope of rescue.

TravisMccG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:

Did we see the body after the crash? I don't remember a body so I think he's still up there.

This entire video series is propaganda. We only see Project Beast's side of the space race, but be assured, the USSK (United Soviet States of Kerbal) has its own space program, and Project Beast was NOT the first Mun landing.
Bill did not die on the Mun, he *dissappeared* on the Mun. He defected to the USSK, and was rescued by their lunar craft. Vinny would have you believe that he wants only to go to the Mun and back - while in fact his only goal is to distract you from the horrifying capitalist machine that funds his barbaric experiments that serve only to grind Kerbals into a bloody meat paste that is fed to the masses as entertainment.
Bill IS a hero. But not to your country.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@csl316 said:

This entire video series is propaganda. We only see Project Beast's side of the space race, but be assured, the USSK (United Soviet States of Kerbal) has its own space program, and Project Beast was NOT the first Mun landing.

Bill did not die on the Mun, he *dissappeared* on the Mun. He defected to the USSK, and was rescued by their lunar craft. Vinny would have you believe that he wants only to go to the Mun and back - while in fact his only goal is to distract you from the horrifying capitalist machine that funds his barbaric experiments that serve only to grind Kerbals into a bloody meat paste that is fed to the masses as entertainment.

Bill IS a hero. But not to your country.

If Bill defected, he carried with him the most precious knowledge the USSK could ever ask for:

"Hey guys, here's what not to do in space."

XanthanGun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By XanthanGun

@apearse said:

Also I was wondering how effective the tutorials are in this game since it seems like a blast but utterly impenetrable?

Two other possibly helpful links:

Scott Manley and DasValdes. Scott Manley has a whole host of videos on his youtube channel, once playlist going through the career progression. He's got a very clear explanation style that really helped me when I was getting into it (pre career mode). I've not watched too much of DasValdes, but he always comes recommended for people who are looking to get into KSP

apearse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanthangun Thanks so much for the help. Ill check those out before I start playing KSP. I will hopefully get some free time to play towards the end of the week.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Directed by Stanley Kerbrick.