The Week's Top Releases?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By EJ

Edit: Sorry, thought the game was releasing this week.

Was this game removed from the main page's Top Releases bar? I can understand not wanting to cover it based on the negativity surrounding the developer, but I think it's weird if it's being willfully obfuscated as it does appear to be a major release.

I did see that Waypoint won't be covering the game, but they were rather transparent as to why. I'd appreciate something similar from the duders if that's the case here because I do believe that sort of discussion is ultimately a good thing.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By imhungry

I'm pretty sure it just got pushed out by newer games coming out since, y'know, it came out a week ago. I could be wrong but that section of the page is basically automated isn't it?

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

That list is populated by the newest releases coming this week.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@imhungry: No - everything they don't say about the game or do about this game on the site is a conspiracy against the title. People must keep creating this threads or else the mods will never have any work to do.

That the top releases is an automated process and new big games have come out since it's release is just a cover up.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Click on the Top Releases, its there for the 13th when it was actually released. Conspiracy over.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly cannot remember a game that has generated as many threads to talk about a non existent conspiracy about said games coverage.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly if the creators of this game weren't huge dicks i wonder how many people would even care about this game?

The crew doesn't have to cover anything, i kinda wish they would just so people could stop talking about it already.

TheKramer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Can somebody provide some actual quotes that paint these developers as vile? I'm not saying they don't exist, I just don't really know why everybody seems to think they're so awful.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Honestly if the creators of this game weren't huge dicks i wonder how many people would even care about this game?

Ehh, that's a bit silly. No doubt there are some folks who're waving this thing around as some ideological martyr, but straight-up the game looks neat. I imagine more folk'd be interested in it if the creative designer or w/e his title is didn't reveal himself to be such an asshole (or just wasn't in the first place).

ToxicAntidote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By ToxicAntidote

It seems like the question has been answered, and thus this thread has played out its use and might as well be locked by the mods.

steveurkel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By steveurkel

@thekramer89: people don't like a shirt he wore and he said there aren't black people in the game because actual historians confirmed that.

It's the Internet outrage machine just spinning it's wheels since nothing else to complain about this week in gaming.

My opinion the game looks boring. Plenty of other reviews and quick looks of this mediocre game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekramer89: Literal nationalist, thinks "black racism killed Trayvon Martin", tells people of color on twitter that white people also face discrimination they just don't "whine about it", posted picture of skin color chart for identifying terrorists.

TheKramer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boonsong: @steveurkel:
hmmm... I mean honestly he just sounds like a bit of an outspoken asshole, not so much the antichrist that I've been lead to believe. I think it's totally fine if websites don't want to cover a game because they think he's an asshole, people are entitled to their opinion and they have no obligation to cover every game. I think, in GB's case, it's a pretty equal mix of nobody on staff having a lot of interest in the game, and not wanting to deal with controversy surrounding it.

I don't wanna get too political here, because god knows if I do this thread will be locked if we do...

mmarsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The crew doesn't have to cover anything, i kinda wish they would just so people could stop talking about it already.

Creators? What exactly do you know about the creators? I thought there was just one dickhead ( namely Vavra ) which even if he is a total twat, art should still be seperated from it's artist.

A whole team of devs worked on this game and it's not cool to make a blanket statement that the 'creators' of the game are 'huge dicks'.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well waiting for this to get locked.

I do have a question: how is that bar populated? Is it manual or based on traffic? always wondered

RK92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boonsong: the skin colour chart was clearly in jest. He even called himself a "hmm" according to the chart.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rk92: so it's ok because it's only a racist joke? the fuck?

@mmarsu: The support for this dude is really disgusting, has even one of the developers spoke out against what he said or shown even a light inkling they don't support it? I'll wait.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f90eabee6bba
deactivated-5f90eabee6bba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360: Right below GTAV, it's been the most played single player game on Steam for the past few days that I've been watching it so it's a big deal at least on PC. Check Steam Charts.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#20  Edited By Slag

.. It is just (maybe?) one developer on the team who is a shitty person but at the same time that shitty person is the one who the developer decided to put front and centre for everyone to have an opinion on...

Not trying to pick on you here but I see this point mentioned a lot on GB forums and it's incorrect. Threads have gotten locked before I've had the chance to point this out.

Vavra is not just one designer on the team. He's the creative lead of the entire project as well as the co-Founder of the entire Warhorse studios. Chances are he had a major hand in hiring everybody there and will likely directly personally financially benefit from every sale of every copy.

See for yourself

https://warhorsestudios.cz/index.php?page=aboutus&lang=en

Now maybe that matters to you or maybe it doesn't. But please be aware that supporting the game almost certainly means Vavra gets some amount of money from you. He's not just some guy, he is the guy behind the entire game.

TheKramer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a white dude, when black comedians make fun of white people, I find it pretty Goddamn funny. Different strokes...

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360 said:

As a white dude, when black comedians make fun of white people, I find it pretty Goddamn funny. Different strokes...

He's a comedian? I guess he's about as funny as the guy in your avatar when he went on his little tirade huh...sure funny

smfh

TheKramer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekramer89 said:
@oursin_360 said:

He's a comedian? I guess he's about as funny as the guy in your avatar when he went on his little tirade huh...sure funny

smfh

What he said was meant as a joke (supposedly). No, it wasn't really that funny (as he is not a comedian), but I was just saying the intent of his tweet or whatever else he's said didn't seem malicious, just an unfunny dude trying to be edgy/funny and it apparently didn't work. And you're right, the exact same thing could be said of Michael Richards. He's an actor, obviously not a comedian.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SethMode

You know what game is awesome? Wulverblade. The site hasn't touched it and as far as I can tell, no one involved with the game as far as I know is an ass like Vavra. Yet, no conspiracy theories on why GB hasn't covered it. Things that make you go...hmmmm.

TheKramer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sethmode said:

You know what game is awesome? Wulverblade. The site hasn't touched it and as far as I can tell, and no one involved with the game as far as I know is an ass like Vavra. Yet, no conspiracy theories on why GB hasn't covered it. Things that make you go...hmmmm.

Hmmm... that does actually look pretty sweet. I feel like Jason and Rorie would dig it.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekramer89: I picked it up completely on a lark and it is really great! Surprisingly deep (caveat: for a sidescrolling beat-em-up) and great storytelling and production. Kind of the de facto spiritual successor to Castle Crashers that I've been wanting.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By mike

Like many conspiracy theories, this one is also easily proved incorrect by facts. You might have had something if the game came out today, but it's been out for a week.

No Caption Provided