ShadowKnight508

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By ShadowKnight508

Credit to Kotaku:

Square Enix just dropped the new trailer for Kingdom Hearts III onto YouTube, after premiering it at the “Kingdom Hearts Orchestra” concert tonight in Los Angeles.

“Don’t assume your dreams are just fantasy,” the trailer begins. Hey, if this wasn’t just fantasy, maybe it would have a release date at the end? It doesn’t, of course, but it does end with a teaser for the next update: Square Enix will show off a “new world” and a “new trailer” at D23 Expo on July 15.

SOURCE:http://kotaku.com/heres-the-latest-kingdom-hearts-iii-trailer-1795994415

EDIT: Here is the English-Subbed Version

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Teddie

That Hercules level looks kinda rough, in that it looks like they're still designing it for a PS2 game. I dunno it just kinda looks dead in a way other games don't, and I'm not sure it's just the lack of other people any more.

Disney characters all look nice though, especially the animation on Hades. I'm sick of seeing Pete in a skin-tight bodysuit, it makes for a really uninteresting silhouette and never looks good standing next to the other characters. And I guess they really are just going to bring all the villains back through time travel again.

I hope this game is good. I'm sure I won't enjoy the story at this point, but as long as the Disney stuff looks pretty and the gameplay is an expanded version of what they had in the demo, I'll have a great time with it. I doubt we'll see it out this decade either way.

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By GabrielCantor

I've never heard Japanese Hades before and it's really fucking me up how much he just sounds like James Woods still.

This game looks gorgeous and I'm still so hyped for it after all these years. The "Metal Gear but more anime" that is its story is still extremely my shit and it's still best-in-class for Action RPG combat for me. This also looks like it's taking a bunch of the best gameplay elements from KH2 (Limits and Drives), Birth By Sleep (Shotlocks), AND 3D (Flowmotion) so the combat should be appropriately nuts.

Boss_Kowbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#4  Edited By Boss_Kowbel

@epidehl: Came here to say the same thing. I don't know if the James Woods-soundalike was intentional, but I love how it still fits Hades even in Japanese.

blackichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I will continue my 10 year quest to not care about this game until I get a release date.

BrunoTheThird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those character models aren't even finalized -- very rough edges -- so September 2019 seems a reasonable estimate to me. Those environments are lavish and stunning even at this early stage, though.

Good to see Xemnas. Those other trailers were so vague and weird, I wasn't even sure how much they had to do with KH2.

Always will be my favourite series. Replayed KH1 via the remix on PS4 recently and I was worried the magic wasn't gonna muster again, but I ended up appreciating it even more because of the Final Mix tweaks I'd never experienced before.

Very excited. Mashing heartless with those drive forms never gets old, and if we get to go back to Halloween Town/Christmas Town or Hollow Bastion with those new visuals, I will be satisfied. It looks so close to the cutscenes from the old games. I hope they really take advantage of the Pro's extra power.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome! See you all in 2025!

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This actually got me excited.

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So wager pool, what comes out first? FF16, KH3, or the FF7 remake? My money is on the FF7 remake in 2020.

BrunoTheThird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BrunoTheThird

Just cos KH3 was knocking around in some form before FF7 remake was announced, I'd say the last episode of FF7 will release after Kh3, but the first episode will be before. I read a report quoting a Square rep that both are expected in three years at the least, however.

FF16 won't happen this gen.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find it insane that there are adults that grew up on this series now, and the third game is just now being released.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@oursin_360 said:

I find it insane that there are adults that grew up on this series now, and the third game is just now being released.

well when you're splitting your games into 358 halfs and dream dropping them all over the place it takes a while to get there.

BelowStupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BelowStupid

@brunothethird: KH3 isn't going to have much to do with KH2. It's going to be a sequel to Birth by Sleep, and 3DS. Those two kids playing chess in the first trailer are probably a young Xehanort and the "good" keyblade master in BBS. They wrapped up the story I was most interested in at the end of 2 (finding your friends and getting home) so I'm fine with how they've gone completely off the deep end with their time travel, and dream worlds and all the other nonsense.

Gameplay looks awesome, and I'm excited to finally roll with my boys Donald, and Goofy again.

Gundahaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So are we gonna get to see Roxas, Sora, and Ventus all at the same time? Because I feel like they're all basically the same person.

Also, I thought Sora already used the darkness at the end of 3D.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Can't wait to play this in a decade!

Corwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Corwag

I was REALLY excited for this game after part 2 came out, now.....now I have zero feelings about it good or bad.

BrunoTheThird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@belowstupid: Me too, especially the Dream Drop stuff. I liked it even more than BBS to be honest. The wacky dream shit works in the series' favour.

The character designs I've seen are very cool, the animal masks and whatnot. I'm into it, whatever happens.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

I'm still as excited to play it as I was like 10 years ago. Just want a release date please...

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By viking_funeral

@madman356647: FF16

FF7 just exited pre-production, and KH3 is a mystery being headed up by Nomura. Actually, wait, the FF7 remake is also being headed up by Nomura, isn't it? Well, I'm sure him splitting his focus on two games will help them both come out even quicker. Seriously, I could go into production on FF16 by myself tomorrow and probably beat those two titles to release.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's amazing how much my interests have changed. If this was ten years ago, this trailer would have hyped the fuck out of me and I would be bouncing outta my chair in anticipation to play it. Now? The game play just looks so boring to me, it's not my kind of game at all anymore. I'll probably just watch it on Youtube to see where the story goes.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Man, video games look really good these days. Especially the cartoony/stylized ones. Goddamn.