Kingdom Hearts 4 Announced

tartyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tartyron

Why won’t Squeenix stop hurting our poor Jan!?!? KH 4 is coming, and I assume this means FF7 remake part 2 is not the next thing on the docket. Still, it’s make some very sick people happy, I’m sure.

As a player of ONLY KH 2 and nothing else, I have actually enjoyed being confused as hell whenever KH is brought up.

Sora seeing a shrink? Those shadow monsters going nuts in Tokyo? Donald and Goofy wander the dark meaningless void of the afterlife that awaits us all?

Anyway, thoughts? Prayers?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I hope you’re happy, you sickos.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

There was a time where I would have been excited for this, but I think 3 just sucked all of the Kingdom Hearts energy out of me.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By FacelessVixen

I know which site I'm on, so I'll just leave this here.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Great. See you in 3-6 years when there's finally a gameplay trailer.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just not super into Soras gradual animorph style transformation into a Real Boy.

tartyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell: I dunno what real boys you are referring to. No human looks like that. The amount of eye-jelly in that noggin is deeply offputting.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Sora deserves nothing more than to be slowly turned into gaming's ultimate himbo and I am here for whatever gets us down that path. Has Disney somehow acquired their way into owning Magic Mike yet? How do we get Sora to become a stripper? Square has to one up the FF VII Honey Bee scene.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tartyron: But you know what I mean, he's clearly morphing into the modern FF visual style.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I swear this happened already.

blackadder88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This means World war 4 Before the game comes out

noobsauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is no God.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#14 FinalDasa  Moderator

Really need to finish KH3 now don't I?

Still have no clue if I need to play the DLC too or just look up some Youtube videos.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

If you look at the trailer from a purely gameplay perspective, it's pretty clear that Nomura still cannot let go of Final Fantasy Versus XIII. The KH4 trailer is basically a sizzle reel of every gameplay mechanic from XV that was originally meant for Versus.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

The original KH was a great game. A nice crossover between two popular entertainment companies and their franchise characters. KH2 is just as good gameplay wise, but the story started to become more complex than needed, especially for a game that was supposed to be for all ages. The Square-Enix decided to get silly and take the series completely left. I stopped caring at that point, which is why I haven't played KH3 yet. I might still do it, and will feel shameful the whole time if I do. Darn... did KH4 need to happen...

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Cool

I guess that gives a reason for PS6 owners to buy it.

CalvinDota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finaldasa: Don't forget that you also have Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory and whatever is happening with Kingdom Hearts Union x Dark Road. Everything is canon and important to the story for some reason. Even the spin-off mobile games.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#19 FinalDasa  Moderator

@calvindota: There was a brief time I 100% considered doing that.

Youtube summaries are a person's best friend.

theonewhoplays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By theonewhoplays

The fighting and especially boss design in KH3 felt like a major step down when compared to 2 and even Birth By Sleep. It veered far into style over substance. The 'gameplay' part of the trailer doesn't fill me with hope that 4 will be different. And any part of the story I was even slightly invested in was put to rest in 3. I will keep an eye on this since I'm a Nomura mark, but I'm not exactly excited about anything that was shown. But I'm happy Donald and Goofy are still around.

Topcyclist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rejizzle said:

Great. See you in 3-6 years when there's finally a gameplay trailer.

They put gameplay into the trailer they released...did we all time travel...i mean faster than usual.

Broshmosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Broshmosh
@zombiepie said:

If you look at the trailer from a purely gameplay perspective, it's pretty clear that Nomura still cannot let go of Final Fantasy Versus XIII. The KH4 trailer is basically a sizzle reel of every gameplay mechanic from XV that was originally meant for Versus.

Honestly I don't think it's just from the gameplay. The tone of the trailer, its direction, the way the world looks and feels - all of it is very Fabula Nova Crystalis. Given how FNC was largely Nomura's brainchild (and how self-referential his work can be), I would not be at all surprised if he is intentionally peppering remnants of it, particularly Versus XIII which I personally feel had the worst outcome of the lot, throughout his other work.

Also willing to bet that the runaway success of KH3 and FF7R is what's given him the budget to maybe actually successfully bring something of FNC to life in a fully realised form. I still have minor heartbreak over how Stella got ruined in what eventually became XV.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

So Sora's afterlife is basically modern-day Tokyo where he has to fight the same assholes over and over again in a bland world where all of the natural wonder and mirth of the world has been sucked out from the environment and only giant blocks of steel and glass remain with some old Disney characters slapped on the front so Gamers who have nothing left in their hearts but nostalgia will buy it?

In other words, it's perfect for modern video gaming. No further comments.