Your thoughts on this game?

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Hello fans of platformers

This game was first shown back in September 2021 and it's scheduled to be released by late March 2022, but nobody seems to speculate on that in this forum site so I decided to make a thread as I would like to see you guys share your thoughts on that.

So here are my quick thoughts on this:
When I first saw the announcement trailer, to me, the gameplay looks pretty good for the genre: platformer plus nicely detailed post-apocalyptic with grass scattered across the environment.

SpectralCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Well it appears to be more the Super Mario World style of world, compared to Super Mario Odyssey.

I’m pretty hyped honestly.

I played Robobot (my nephew still replays it), and the 3D mini-game they added there controls well and left me wanting a 3D Kirby.

If they build on that foundation with how it plays, and add interesting objectives / new powers, it’s gonna be great.

Whether it is a strong Kirby game, or the next iconic Nintendo great, is up to how many ideas they took off the Nintendo R&D bookshelf, and how much time they spent refining it.

^on that note, looks like it’s developed solely by HAL, so maybe no R&D ideas at all. However, it’s been 5 years since HAL’s last major release (the pause between Robobot & Star Allies with 2 years). Temper your expectations, but I’d say this bodes well.

Next direct when

Kyary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kirby games are generally completely off my radar (the last one I played was Kirby: Canvas Curse on the DS) but I will say, the announcement video they did at least looked potentially interesting. I guess for me, it depends on if it's as painfully simple as the yarn games or if they make it a little more interesting

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm interested in it solely because the idea of a fully 3D Kirby sounds like a great idea. How well they execute the premise remains to be seen.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By ll_Exile_ll  Online

I've never been a huge fan of Kirby, the only one I have any real fondness for is Kirby 64, and that was mostly due to the multiplayer minigames. However, as a big fan of 3D platformers, I am excited to see another AAA one given Mario has seemingly been the entirety of the genre since the 6th generation ended.

Barring any kind of disastrous reception, I am probably going to pick this up.

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm as cautiously excited as I am with every Nintendo game. I probably won't pick it up day one though. I still need to see more of what the gameplay loop is.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have never played a Kirby game before (except maybe briefly tried one of those that are available on Switch online), but I’m always up for playing a good platformer and Forgotten Land has at least seemed whimsical in it’s trailers, so I’m potentially interested.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

"Mainline" Kirby games just generally aren't what I'm looking for in platformers because they tend to offer the most frictionless experience possible. I'm not saying I need everything to be ridiculously hard, but Kirby games mostly feel like they don't offer anything to engage players outside of the ridiculously charming aesthetic.

Purely on the scale of Kirby games though what they've showed of this looks real good to me so hopefully it turns out well for people who enjoy them!

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I did not expect out of all the Nintendo first party games to get an open world game would be Kirby. Look up 3D Kirby games, there was a canceled Gamecube game. Kirby Crystal Shards had some 3D elements but was still 2D. Kirby Air Ride's City Trial, while not a Kirby Platforming game, gave a glimpse of a 3D experience.

I am excited. Kirby games are mostly simplistic but can deliver a challenge. I don't think we see timed challenges given the setting.