Let's remember Konami: what is your favourite Konami game?

• 55 results
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Jeust

Let's remember the old Konami. From the numerous Castlevania games, to Metal Gear Solid, and Silent Hil games? What is your favourite, and why?

The game can be either developed or published by Konami.

No Caption Provided

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

From the NES to the PS2 Konami put out just a ton of games I love, but considering Symphony of the Night is one of my favorite games of all time I'd have to pick that.

It's sad, Konami and Capcom used to be two of my favorite publishers and now look a them.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silent Hill: Downpour. I fell in love with it as it is to me the best iteration of Silent Hill. With the biggest town, a great tale, good gameplay, side missions, and a lot of curiosities and easter eggs to find. Loved it.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Zone of the Enders 2 is wonderful.

If we look back, Contra and the Iga Castlevanias led to some damn good times.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Onemanarmyy

Metal Gear Solid 1 or 3. 2 and 4 were great too, but i always have a soft spot for these two.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

Suikoden 3, cuz fusing traditional RPGs with light Army SRPG play was tons of fun.

Honorable mention Vandal Hearts

Also miss Contra, Metal Gear and Castlevania already

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

MGS1

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By monetarydread

I have a special place in my heart for Suikoden II and think it might be the secret best PSX RPG.

The first thing that stands out in my memory is how quick everything is, you are in and out of battles in less than a minute. This makes a huge difference to me, not having to wait five seconds to even start a battle, then having to sit through too-long animations, it removes a lot of hassle.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Metal Gear Solid games; I don't have a single favorite.

laserguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm sorry what was that? I fell asleep.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ThunderSlash

For me Konami was one of the big three Japanese third party publishers along with Namco and Capcom. Really sad to see all three of them struggle in this modern climate. Off the top of my head, here are a few of the Konami games I felt were iconic:

- Super Castlevania IV

- Contra

- Mystical Ninja

- Suikoden 2

- The Silent Hill series

- The Metal Gear Solid series

- Their line of rhythm games, which include DDR

- The Simpsons Arcade Game

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Suikoden 2. Hands down, no contest.

People may be decrying the fall of Konami now, but they were pretty much dead to me when they all but killed off Suikoden years ago.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Don't you fucking judge me.

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Junkboy
Loading Video...

All MGS's, ZoE 1/2, Botkai/Lunar Knightss, Silent Hill 2 and SotN will be ahead of it but that ^ is not talked about enough.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Devil240Z

I really loved Enthusia. A gran turismo style racing game they did on the PS2.

It was a game I found after the fact after completing GT4 and Forza at the time. It had key differences in structure but maintained the realism found in GT and Forza.

Avatar image for deactivated-629fb02f57a5a
deactivated-629fb02f57a5a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Lords of Shadow was something I didn't know I needed at the time I played it, but oh man did I love that game. Press Y to call Zobek every day.

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By Blackout62

Animaniacs for the original Game Boy. I can't think of any Konami games I've played since 1996... No, wait, MGS. I still think Animaniacs was better.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Suikoden 2. Then, all of their Bemani franchises.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just tossed a 90% mint beatmania IIDX PS2 controller in the trash last week. I was moving and had to cut ties with some old game stuff.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudymusic said:

I just tossed a 90% mint beatmania IIDX PS2 controller in the trash last week. I was moving and had to cut ties with some old game stuff.

You lucky devil...

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Contra 3 is great.

Also, I really enjoyed all of the DS Castlevanias, particularly OoE.

PDXSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Turtles games (primarily Turtles in Time, and the SNES version of Tournament Fighters) were great games.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pdxsonic: Turtles in Time was so much fun when I was a kid, loved that game.

Love how we are treating Konami like they are pretty much dead already.

Silent Hill 3 would be my answer, 3 was my first Silent Hill game and it left such an impact on me that the name Konami started to become a known name for me at that point.

Avatar image for vincentvendetta
VincentVendetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

This is gonna sound weird, but I remember have a ton of fun playing online tag matches in GTi Club+: Rally Côte d'Azur on PS3. There were nights when I only played this mode.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I've never been much of a Konami fan. I was never into Castlevania for example. I would have to say MGS and of those I only care about MGS1 and 2.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Contra 3 is great.

Also, I really enjoyed all of the DS Castlevanias, particularly OoE.

For some reason, I went and bought both Dawn of Sorrow and Order of Ecclesia at the same time a year ago. Dawn of Sorrow I finished in like 2 days, I thought it was pretty great. Order of Ecclesia is a good game but that game continually kicks my ass every time I pick it up. Seriously, that game is really, really hard, less in the old school Nintendo "memorize the levels and be patient" sort of way and more along the lines of "you have to move and react pretty fast" sort of way.

I haven't played all that many Konami games outside of the Castlevania series. Actually, I can't recall anything from Konami that I've played outside of the Castlevania series, of which I've played Super Castlevania IV, Symphony of the Night, Aria of Sorrow, Dawn of Sorrow, and Order of Ecclesia. Of those, I have only finished Dawn of Sorrow. Symphony of the Night is something that I really want to keep playing but every time I start it, something comes up. I get busy, or something else comes out, or I find myself wanting to slip back into something familiar for some reason.

I should play Suikoden II one of these days, too, though I doubt I'll actually beat it. I just want to give it five or ten hours and see what's up.

Most of the things I've seen, heard, and/or read about Metal Gear Solid have pushed me away from that series. I know people adore it, and that's fine, but I've watched some Metal Gear Scanlon and it seems full of clunky game mechanics and conversations between characters that sound disjointed and unnatural.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like Super Castlevania 4 and Contra. As I kid I liked all their arcade beat 'em ups too. Even if they don't hold up super well they'll always have a special place in my heart. Particularly The Simpsons. DDR is one of my favourite rhythm games and if I'm ever in place that for whatever reason has a machine I'll play a song or two regardless of how stupid I look doing it. And of course there's Metal Gear. It's nonsense but goddammit if I don't love it.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I LOVE ME SOME METAL GEAR...

But Silent Hill 2 will always be the game that had the most impact from Konami that I played. Too bad they don't care and crapped all over the Silent Hill name with farming it out to third parties, fucking up the HD collection, and canceling the most exciting Silent Hill project since 4.

God damn you, Konami...

Aronleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Castlevania Rondo of Blood, Dracula X Chronicles hell I love the re remake for the Snes, its pretty much the same game but man I just love it, to me its the best of the clasic Castlevanias before SoTN on a side not pretty much every single sprite in Rondo was re used for the rest of the series in 2D.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Aria of Sorrow was pretty good, as well. The MGS series has it's moments, but I've found that I've enjoyed the series only by overlooking some of the major problems that is has. Definitely glad it exists, though.

@slag said:

Suikoden 3, cuz fusing traditional RPGs with light Army SRPG play was tons of fun.

Honorable mention Vandal Hearts

Also miss Contra, Metal Gear and Castlevania already

Wait.

Vandal Hearts was Konami? Holy crap, that was my first ever game on the PS1. Loved the crap out of that game. It's definitely a hidden gem of the system.

I also somehow forgot about Suikoden. Man, I seemed to have whitewashed a lot of what Konami did over the years. Now their loss is actually starting to feel tragic.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Enthusia Pro Racing. The Gran Turismo killer. Well, a gentle jab. And an AMAZING intro.

Loading Video...

SpaceRunaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Suikoden II and MGS3 are desert island games for me. There's no way I could pick between the two.

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sunset Riders. I spent countless hours playing that game with my brother and dad.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rocket Knight Adventures was freakin awesome back in the day. Probably one of the first games that mixed up the genres within the same level. Going from shooter to platformer for example.

Snatcher was pretty cool. Suikoden was an epic and I have yet to play Suikoden 2 (kinda saving it...). Metal Gear Solid is a game I have a weird history with. I must've started it about 3-4 times and always something gets in the way of me finishing it. I usually get to the point where you must go to some warehouse after meeting Sniper and one of the other baddies after her.

I really hope they can stay in the game though. With or without Kojima.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metal Gear Solid 2. It's not my favorite MGS game, but it's tremendously important and still significant - most of the stuff that blew people's minds in Spec Ops or BioShock can be traced directly to Sons of Liberty. Plus, it was just an enormously ballsy game, one that just doesn't happen very often. The whole bait and switch was something that could have gotten the axe at any moment for various valid reasons, but it didn't. It kinda makes you think about Konami and their position in those years that they fully supported doing this.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#37  Edited By isomeri

Metal Gear Solid and Zone of the Enders. Kojima is a mad genius and I love him for it.

sockemjetpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*SHING* Blades of Steel!

To this day one of my favourite sports games. You lose a fight? The ref will put your ass in the penakty box. It had a shooter minigame between the second and third periods. It also had ads for Jackal and Contra!

Still pull this one out at family get togethers. My brother in law lovingly refers to it as "Chinese Hockey" no matter how many times I remind him that it's Japanese.

Oh and also synchronized formation skating!

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Dawn of Sorrow and the majority of the Metal Gear Solid games. Also loved Rocket knight Adventures on the Megadrive and Snatcher on the Mega CD.

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forgot about Sunset Riders and Yu-Gi-Oh and i cant edit my post on my work computer T-T

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Ground Zeroes. I'm 20. Only own a PC.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Symphony of the Night followed by Metal Gear Solid 3. I'm not even gonna go find out what else could possibly be in the ballpark of those two.

Jawad720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silent Hill series , Metal Gear series , Zone of Enders , Suikoden .

Capcom and Konami make me sad , We loved their games when we grow up ... now they are missing , taking every step straight to hell ....

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#44  Edited By veektarius

Suikoden 3. A lot of people swear by 2, and 2 is good, but the main characters are much cooler in 3.

IceNDice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Suikoden 2 is by baby

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whats a konami

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Konami is synonymous with the PS1 for me and my nostalgia.

So I'll go with MGS1

Avatar image for shadowknight508
ShadowKnight508

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

The Metal Gear Solid games. Of all of the games, I found myself enjoying MGS3: Snake Eater (and later MGS3: Subsistence) the most, followed by MGS, MGS2: Sons of Liberty, MGS: Peace Walker, MGS4: Guns of the Patriots, and MGS: Portable Ops.

A fantastic game, one I still play today on the PS3 via the MGS HD Collection
A fantastic game, one I still play today on the PS3 via the MGS HD Collection

Rotnac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's too many Konami games I enjoyed playing in my childhood on the NES and SNES/Genesis so I'll just say all of the Ninja Turtles games from that era (even the insanely difficult single player one on the NES).

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Turtles in Time, though all their old Turtle beat em ups were great. Followed by the X-Men arcade game, which I can't believe no one has mentioned.