What should Konami do in their near future?

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gtxforza

Hello

Here is my wish list for what Konami must do for their near future are:

• Bring back their driving/racing games such as Enthusia Professional Racing (Sim Racing), Racing Jam (Arcade Racer featuring Japanese tuner cars), and Speed King (Futuristic racer featuring anti-gravity ships) to arcades, consoles, and PC.
  • Bring back their legendary shoot 'em up IP: Gradius
  • Decrease the price of extra options in BEMANI arcade games such as Extra stage in DDR series.
  • Dance Dance Revolution arcade games need to update their 3D assets by having more polygons, higher texture resolution, and cel-shading (I wanted the characters' detailing quality to look similar to Square Enix's Love Live! School idol festival ~after school ACTIVITY~, Sega's Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA MegaMix, and Atlus' Persona 3/4/5 Dancing).
  • DDR has better to change their announcer.
  • Having DDR characters' ability to change their costume to their old ones for a nostalgic feel.
  • DDR must bring back the old camera angles which were last used in DDR Strike.
  • The next DDR game must have soundtracks from Racing Jam and Speed King.

P.S For this thread, it's sort of like a repeat of my previous Konami thread: Which Konami franchises you wish them to return? - Konami - Giant Bomb

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Giant_Gamer

Remake MGS and start from there.

Reboot Silent Hill and maybe bring the team back together?

Continue on with Castlevania lords of shadow.

Bring bomber man to every device on earth.

This will surely bring their fans back and will generate the sales they need at least at first.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Silent Hill
all MGS on PC

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geirr: Not to mention that Metal Gear Solid 4 hasn't even remastered yet and remains as a PS3 exclusive.

It would be great to see Metal Gear Solid 4 being remastered for next-gen platforms.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sell their IPs to someone who actually cares and leave the industry?

I have no interest in seeing them turn a once-beloved franchise into another pachinko machine.

hansberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll just repeat what I said in the last thread: Konami's track record is so poor, especially over the last couple of decades, that I'm not even sure what I would want out of one of their franchises that other development companies, indie or otherwise, haven't done as well as or better than they. Wanting them to return to a former franchise would probably just be in name only, and that isn't enough for me by a long shot. I feel like it's time for those franchises to just go away permanently.

For example, I enjoyed Gradius and Life Force/Salamander back in the day, but if they suddenly decided to make a new one then I still wouldn't be jumping for joy. A game by that name may get my attention for a moment, but considering Konami's output in recent years I still wouldn't be confident that the quality would be something to look forward to. Different people would be working on the title, different sensibilities and mindsets; and at this point if I want a shoot em up, then I could probably just find another one from another company if I were so inclined.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It'd be weird if they set up some small teams to muscle in on the indie beat-em-up racket. Honestly, I have no idea what new things Konami could come up with. The classics have all been sent out.

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want them to get all of Silent Hill, MGS, and Castlevania onto PC(the biggest surprise for me is that somehow SOTN never made it to PC at all?), though I would want them to farm it out to someone competent. Not remakes or anything, just the games with enough work done to make them run on modern systems, that's it. I don't trust Konami themselves to do anything these days.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cikame

I'm hopeful the MGS series will be remastered/re-released at some point, i can't believe they haven't been putting the HD collection out on everything, and MGS4 is absolutely begging for a re-release.

I don't know if this is a sign of anything, but there's a Twitter account of a Big Shell employee who was getting retweeted by the official Metal Gear account.
https://twitter.com/TheTomOlsen

The events on the Twitter are getting close to the president arriving, so if there is something it won't be long before we find out.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Sell it all to Capcom, who actually seems to give a fuck and loves re-releasing things.

That won't happen, unfortunately.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@therealturk: Yah basically this. Unless for some reason they want to make a full comeback into the gaming space then they should sell their iconic properties off and be done with it. They probably never will cause why lock yourself out of easy profit but one can dream.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

Be like Disney and just license their shit out.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

• Sell the PES licence to 2K. Let them duke it out with EA.
  • Sell the MGS franchise to Sony/Kojima Productions.
  • Sell the Silent Hill franchise to Sony/Bokeh Game Studio.
  • Sell the Castlevania franchise to ArtPlay.

Basically, clean the house and just move on. They may retain the rights to merchandise and adaptations, if they so choose to...

MrGreenMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keep on with the Pachinko machines and sell their right to indie devs who are interested. They clearly have no interest in video games anymore.

cornfed40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sell all their IPs and close

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#16 FinalDasa  Moderator

Be like Disney and just license their shit out.

Lots of people saying to sell their IP and that's just a poor business decision.

This is the smarter choice. If you're not gonna develop games then find a publisher/developer who is interested and make a percentage off of those games.

Honestly, there isn't much incentive for Konami to change anything about how or what games they make, sell, license, etc. Their revenue is up, their profit is down only due to the pandemic it seems, but overall the company is pretty healthy.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hermes said:

Basically, clean the house and just move on. They may retain the rights to merchandise and adaptations, if they so choose to...

I'm not sure about farming PES out. The team in the UK handling it do good work. I'd have been more confident about 2K if they didn't phone it in on the WWE games.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

If they're serious about getting back into games, the thing you do is make good with Kojima and get P.T. back on track by whatever means necessary. I'm sure that'll earn them enough good will to make people forget about the last decade or so.

But I doubt that's what they're looking for. I'm sure they're just looking for some cash to come in with everyone stuck at home. So I suspect the thing to do is to make some smaller games and take a deal on getting it on Game Pass or PS Now.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Reprint the earlier booster packs between Legend of Blue Eyes and Ancient Sanctuary. Have a Master Rules 1 format for in-person tournaments when those can be a thing again. And have a structure deck for The Winged Dragon of Ra.

Fluidk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to see them sell Metal Gear to Kojima so that I don’t have to hear about it anymore when konami comes up. They are so much more than metal gear.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@shindig said:

@hermes said:

I'm not sure about farming PES out. The team in the UK handling it do good work. I'd have been more confident about 2K if they didn't phone it in on the WWE games.

I haven't been keeping up with PES, but my impression is that they have been lagging behind FIFA for years now, and not only in sales. PES used to be huge in south america in the PS1, PS2 and PS3 generation, but not so much since then...

I know 2K is probably going to shit all over the franchise, I don't think they are the ideal, but they seem to be the only other publisher interested in making yearly releases of sports games and competing with EA in that field.

rawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bring MGS1 and MGS4 to the Xbox and complete the Series over there

infantpipoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 24

#25  Edited By infantpipoc

Maybe not a damn thing. After their 5 years of absence from this industry, it's hard to want those cynics back.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just do one more Silent Hill that ends the series on a high note.

infantpipoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brian_:Not sure people would want Kojima and Konami making peace after Death Stranding being whatever Dead Stranding is. The horror bit in that game feels more annoying than terrifying.

infantpipoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fluidk said:

I want to see them sell Metal Gear to Kojima so that I don’t have to hear about it anymore when konami comes up. They are so much more than metal gear.

If the result includes Hideo Kojima quit video game development, then count me in.

infantpipoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sell it all to Capcom, who actually seems to give a fuck and loves re-releasing things.

That won't happen, unfortunately.

Back in 2019, after playing RESIDENT EVIL 2 and reading the novelization of Metal Gear Solid 3, I got the sudden interest in a MGS3 remake. Then I remembered that Capcom had a shitload of developing practice before RE2 while Konami did not, and I killed that fantasy in my head dead.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fluidk said:

If the result includes Hideo Kojima quit video game development, then count me in.

That's the thing. I think the last thing Hideo wants to do is be tied to that fiction again. He got out, just not on his terms.

Nuttism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fold.