gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gtxforza

Hello there Star Wars fans!

This Lego Star Wars game looks really amazing and the story is based on all the main Star Wars films which consist of episodes from 1 to 9!

So what I've known about this game, is it was announced back in early 2020, then it got delayed several times until April 5th, 2022, so I guess it was COVID-19 that affected its development.

So here are the Metacritic scores (Updated):

• PC: 77
  • PlayStation 5: 83
  • Xbox Series X: 81
  • Nintendo Switch: 79
  • PlayStation 4: TBA
  • Xbox One: 78
MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#4 FinalDasa  Moderator

Even ignoring the shitty conditions these games are made under, I'm not sure I want to play another LEGO game like this. Unless there have been deep changes to the pace and design of play.

There is some comfort knowing I can hop into almost any TT LEGO game and expect to experience the same game with a different coat of paint.

This one would need to really revitalize everything and all I've seen from it is just another layer of pop and paint and not a full rethink and new approach I needed.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

This seems like such an insanely ambitious project I'd be interested to try it as I've also never played a LEGO game before so it'd all be pretty novel to me, and I know TT Games have traditionally had a reputation for a decent sense of humor...but I just can't imagine they could capture (or be allowed to capture) how hilariously stupid Rise of Skywalker was and if the game can't culminate in a thorough mockery of that film I can't see how ending on those notes would be satisfying.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#6  Edited By Humanity

I haven't played one of these Lego games in ages but I remember when they just started coming out and I played Phantom Menace it was a surprisingly pleasant and fun experience. Enough time has gone by that I can see myself going through the entire saga. That last movie was not very good but maybe it would make a good videogame.

Topcyclist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Topcyclist

@finaldasa: Did you watch the ign review? This game seems to be doing exactly what your asking for. dont write off a game for its past...things may surprise you.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8  Edited By FinalDasa  Moderator

@topcyclist: I'd only seen some random clips on TikTok celebrating how helmets spin on stormtroopers as new additions to the game. I'm still open-minded about it, justcautious.

Topcyclist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nodima: Lol you should enjoy this game then, It mocks not just the last film but all the films for basically everything. It makes fun of fans and jokes that the series itself is silly. You should enjoy them just calling out plot beats and stuff. The lego games have IMO always been those games that people call kid games and adults get stuck on and kids easily finish. Adults call them out for being obtuse yet kids find them linear and simple. I particularly like those batman games for clowning on superheroes. Overall their not amazing but if I was really little i figure id love em.

Topcyclist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finaldasa: Yeah they have charming attention to detail and don't feel like a company of workers working day and night. Sometimes we forget the passion people have to make games. I'm sure inputting that effect took about a bit...time they could use for money micros etc. I think people overlook how dedicated people have become as geeky stuff has become mainstream...hopefully, we can finally get a well animated game lol.

Also looked at more videos, after jeff said he might play it but won't for long...and he didn't watch the new movies. I think this is surprisingly a good game for people who didn't watch the movies and aren't trying to get into the debate...the game has the final 3 movies in about 4-5 hours give or take. Way shorter and more engaging than watching like 1 movie. That said it's a youtube video...maybe they rushed.