Let It Die - GOTY Top Ten?

howelcb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I foresee this game getting in the list somehow. After playing for hours it's just too good. What are everybody's thoughts?

loller432

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By loller432

I think your optimism is admirable!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c26fd6917af0
deactivated-5c26fd6917af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think it came out too late for the giant bomb list.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By OurSin_360

Yeah i think it missed the giant bomb official list, but i could see it making Jeff's personal.

It's made mine, but i'm still not sure if i have 10 games to put in the list yet lol.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea, the game probably came out too late to get any consideration in the podcasts but man can you imagine if the GB Crew based their videos off this game? Jason as Death seems OK in my book.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

With the amount that they have been saying that the game has styyyyyyyyyle, I could see it being in on the list.

Personally, though, I'm kind of hoping that they've played a substantially larger amount of the game before considering it for the lists. Based on the information they were throwing around in the Quick Look, there's a bit they still didn't know at the time of recording that, and that game has a lot of opening up it needs to do for them.

howelcb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All very valid points. I still think Jeff constantly saying he's going to play Let It Die again might be a good sign.

I'm just hoping Suda finally makes one of these lists. I've been a fan of all his games.

mrroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Too late for GB list, but definitely in mine (#7). Been enjoying it a lot and appreciating the fact that I can play it as either a short-time low stakes grinding game or as a tense exploration/combat game in the vein of dark souls. Have also been playing pass-and-play with my brother which is aided by the multiple avatar, low overall risk aspect of the game. This game is really great.

JosephKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I can see this popping up at #10 on Jeff's list like how Nuclear Throne made a surprise appearance on his list last year.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I mean it's cool for a free to play game but the only way I see it making any list is as an honorable mention on Jeff's top ten or something.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could see it making it on a top ten list for people that have played less than ten games this year. It's not a bad game, but there have been at least ten actual good games released this year. Let It Die has way too many issues.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just started and kinda pumped to get into it. little saddened how many have apparently soured on it so quickly.

sravankb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

just started and kinda pumped to get into it. little saddened how many have apparently soured on it so quickly.

The combat just doesn't feel good to me. Wish it did, because the game definitely has personality. But if the game part of the game is bad, I can't continue playing it.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I considered putting it on there but the higher up the tower you get the more bullshit starts to appear. (recycled bosses, ridiculous salvage costs, inventory/bank limits become a chore)

It has a lot of style though and I enjoyed my time with the first half of the game. It might still make it on there, I have to recount the games that actually left an impression this year.

MeesterO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Even if it didn't come out late I think that they would turn on this game after a certain point. The non-existent scaling in this game makes it a real bummer to play once you hit a certain floor number.

jpon87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could see it getting on there somewhere! It really is great and I can see Jeff and Jason heavily advocating for it