Is the second boss just straight up broken?

Avatar image for shalashaskauk666
ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I've just fought the Commander for the second time (the dude after you meet that woman, if there's multiple paths!) and the collision detection is totally random at times.

Basically there's only two instances you can do damage; either by going around him when he goes into a stance where he launches ranged attacks, or - I thought, at least - when he slams his shield down.

Except that it doesn't work all the time, he'll slam it down which does damage if you're within the shockwave, but then sometimes you can leap back in and thwack him if you get the timing right, before he stands back up. It's this animation where you definitely make connection with him from behind, but I don't necessarily think we're 'supposed to', because sometimes nothing will happen, and others you'll take a nice chunk of his health.

Have you guys found any other instances of this kind of thing, or maybe i hit upon some weird thing where equipment and weapon (Greataxe) combined to give me a weird no-hit glitch?

ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also I posted this and then it didn't appear in the forum, so bump! :D

Nardak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Nardak

I kinda cheesed this boss. Couldnt really get any good solid hits on the boss by using the melee so instead of that i used the gauntlet skill (projectiles) to kill the boss.

Basically I just used my gauntlet projectiles on boss and ran around the arena when my mana was regenerating. Occasionally I used gauntlet (projectiles) on the adds that the boss summons. Though I usually killed only the fast adds and left one of the slower adds entirely alone (killed a couple of those too during the fight).

At some point the boss stops summoning new adds so it is just a question of whittling down the hp of the boss by using those gauntlet projectiles. I did use up all my mana regenerating shards (had about 4 of those).

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

@shalashaskauk666:

Yeah, this boss had problems with his scripting for me, whether I hit him or not seemed random and he was able to cancel out of attacks that I had dodged, basically stopping the rest of his animation after he had missed me, blocking my counter attacks which seemed unfair.

Unfortunately I didn't find a faster way to kill. I just kept attacking like you are now and eventually he died. It wad not fun and took a long time.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I had no bugs or scripting things with him, but one thing I've noticed with any larger enemies equipped with big-ass shields; You can't hit them from behind most of the time if they have their shield up. It's kinda weird but once you realize that it's just about whether they have a shield up or not, it's easy to go along with it. So even if you should hit them from the side, you won't because of the shield registering as a block if it's up in the front.

But yeah, I use daggers or fist-based weapons so I can't really comment on being able to reach him since I was always all up in his grill.

ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool thanks for the replies everyone! Another thing I noticed with that guy was that occasionally he would just freeze altogether, and standing next to him did about 30-odd damage, but Arkyn just flies back as if he's hit, even though the dude doesn't move haha!

So far Lords is very rough around the edges in terms of MANY grammatical mistakes on the loading screens and generally disconnected feeling when in control. I sometimes feel more like I'm triggering a series of player model-viewer animations than playing the game - which I know is a weird thing to say, but you might know what I mean!

How have you guys fared against that other massive dude with the shield that's just ahead if you don't go down the snow path towards Kaslo? He's kicked my ass every time, just seems to do a very quick thrust that does over 100 damage!

I'm tackling the Graveyard boss now, who just killed me by doing an insta-kill move of 2000 damage - fun times!

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shalashaskauk666: For The Worshiper in the graveyard--when he starts praying and putting that weird goo on the ground,you need to go hide in one of the mausoleums/shrines located around the periphery of the area. You won't take any damage that way

ShapeOfDespair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think i had any instances where I felt like I should be hitting him but wasn't. But I was playing it a little save and was ONLY attacking him while he was shooting his laser beam thing, when we was preparing for the shield projectile attack, and after he throws off his shield barrier.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This happened to me in that fight (not my video):

Loading Video...

I attacked him as he was doing that move and he just stood there like a statue while I continued to maul him to death.

In fact, I've encountered bugs or glitches in about half of the boss fights I've been in. I had to restart the game when fighting The Champion because he his ram attack went right through the wall and he ran off the map. I was super pissed because he only had a sliver of health left.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sterling: That actually happened a few times with me. Sometimes when he summons minions he'll just stand in place instead of getting down into his defensive position.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spoonman671: Have you fought The Beast yet? And are you playing on PS4? Curious if the 5FPS is a normal in the fight. That was fucking brutal.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Sounds like I might want to sit back and wait to see if they patch this thing.

ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More PS4 glitchiness, I had a hard lock where an enemy disappeared altogether, only for the game to quit back to dashboard and I lost my save! (Luckily wasn't too far from where I was, but considering it was just a one-on-one fight, is still worrying!)

Also just this morning went to put the PS4 on and where the Lords icon should be on the dash, was a giant 'Corrupted Data' icon! Ejected the disc, put back in and it automatically re-installed the 4.72GB patch from launch day, which has got me back into my save with nothing missing thankfully!

Still, very worrying!! You can tell Deck13 are new to all this stuff so I guess it's understandable, but yeah I've tweeted them asking about PS4 stability fixes, because in a game where every few moments you're making pretty big steps forward, this could be devastating!

Aside from that though if you're a Souls fan I think it's pretty amazing!! There's enough differentiation in the core combat from using the Gauntlet's abilities with different runes and on-the-fly spell/weapon-switching to really make it very enjoyable - when it works! :D

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Game is glitchy as hell. The commander's shield has a huge hitbox so you really have to be right at his back, and he gets that shield back up and in your face so quickly that you have time for one or two attacks at most. Forget using a big weapon on shielded guys; you'll never get your attack in fast enough.