Mario is missing

xamon0288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello everyone,

As a kid I remember playing the game Mario is missing quite a bit and enjoying it but I do not remember anyone ever talking about that game. Does anybody else remember it, played it or is one of those obscure games that only exist in the mind of a few...I guess those two question aren't mutually exclusive, anyway all I wanted to know is if anyone remembers that game lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KGm3sTOUS4

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’d be shocked if people didn’t remember obscure Mario games. It’s maybe not as memetastic as Hotel Mario though.

xamon0288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thats very true. Mario is missing is such a weird game though, the juxtaposition of the real world decor to the super mario world like design was always weird, even back then when I was a kid. Until I found this video of the game, me trying to remember it felt more like a fever dream than reality.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mario is in another castle.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I didn't have a large collection of SNES games as a kid so I remember playing a lot of Mario is Missing, which is very odd probably.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#6 riostarwind  Moderator

I played the NES version of Mario Is Missing quite a bit. Pretty much the same exact game but everything doesn't quite look as good. Along with the "sequel" Mario's Time Machine. As edutainment games I don't think they really taught me anything that I managed to retain to this day.

Moskelosk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had the SNES-version as a young kid and I loved it. I don't know why because it's terrible and I did not know any english at that time, so I had to just guess something on the questions you are asked until I got it right and then memorize the words.

MrGreenMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember how bad this game tricked us into thinking it was a real game. As for edutainment games PC did it so much better with this kind of thing. There was also that weird Mario PC game that had checkers, Go Fish, and Backgammon as well. If I remember correctly it was the first time Mario had a voice and Mario asking me to draw another card is burned into my brain.

xamon0288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrgreenman I don't think I ever knew it was an edutainment game up until yesterday when it popped back into my head and I searched for it.

@riostarwind I feel like I also played Mario's Time Machine but I cannot be sure, looking at some of the screenshots of the game, they seem familiar.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

People were generally aware of it at the time, but youngins now don't know of it. I think the general consensus is that it is a bad game and not worth remembering, not even in an ironic Boogerman or Bubsy way.