Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Propagandapanda

Come talk deck builds and Strategies!

(Im surprised this hasnt been made yet)

If people dont know there is a handy way to share current decks

go to your decks, select the deck you want to share. then select the menu option in the top right and a share button on the left side will show up.

# (1) Mantis

# (2) Angela

# (2) Sentinel

# (3) Ironheart

# (3) Wolfsbane

# (3) Mister Fantastic

# (3) Punisher

# (4) Jessica Jones

# (5) White Tiger

# (5) Devil Dinosaur

# (6) Onslaught

# (6) Odin

#

eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV2hpdGVUaWdlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV29sZnNiYW5lIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJKZXNzaWNhSm9uZXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFuZ2VsYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWFudGlzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNckZhbnRhc3RpYyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUHVuaXNoZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRldmlsRGlub3NhdXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNlbnRpbmVsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJPZGluIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJPbnNsYXVnaHQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Iklyb25oZWFydCJ9XX0=

#

# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Ginormous76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I'm scared to start this game.

Zero_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Zero_3

Before strategy talk gets too deep I just want to say this is all Jan’s fault and I can’t believe he did this to us.

But also Jan, you’re the best and we love you.

Anyways that being said I feel like I just use a lot of common sense with this game and usually end up winning. I honestly wonder how many of the opponents I am playing are bots.

I do have a question though, should I just be upgrading everything when given the opportunity? Is there ever a downside to that?

Ginormous76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@zero_3: Wouldn't the downside be resource constraints?

shiyamiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

playing with 1 cost cards, Ka-zar, Blue Marvel, and Onslaught has done pretty well for me so far but I'm sure that will change once killmonger starts showing up more. You can add a few heavy hitters in there as well if rng isn't on your side, especially if they benefit from full lanes like Wolfsbane. I tried a couple movement/discard themed decks but I just don't have the deck variety down for those yet.

QindoJex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zero_3: you get 1 square of progression on the collection level for upgrading from common to uncommon, utilizing 25 credits. You get two squares for upgrading from uncommon to rare and that takes 100. The rate from rare to legend etc. is the same but it's most cost effective to ensure all cards get that first bump.

QindoJex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Currently running a relatively basic destroy deck to help disrupt, as I'm in pool 2 and apparently might have just entered pool 3 based on my recent matches.

Elektra is just always a good card, Sunspot and Ant Man still abound. I run a destroy package (Carnage, Bucky, Wolverine, Angel, Deathlok) currently as the -2 ninja location comes up a bunch, and more people seem to be running goblins to give me negative stats. Running Shang-Chi to punish the Devil Dinos running around, but also because Gamma Lab seems to come up a lot, and slapping 3/4 hulks down after a snap has made people concede immediately. Vision and Hulk are my top end, as multiple death's domains and sanctums have made the Move necessary, and the one-two of Vision then Hulk on Bar Sinister is huge. Probably removing my Scarlet Witch for a Killmonger if these Kazoo decks keep up and forget their Armors.

Oh god what are these words, who am i.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The latest deck I built is based around whatever that dinosaur is that boosts its power by the number of cards in your hand. There are multiple cards that just steal your opponent's cards that I use to boost that. Then I just try to add as many of the highest power cards as possible, so I have to play as few cards as possible, with Hulk as my 6 cost.

MeesterO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Jan got me into buying pokemon product after 20 years, and now he got me into the hearthstone successor i never wanted to be into.

I'm currently using a 1-drop deck where the win condition is to empty your hand so you can play Strong Guy and use his ongoing to sneak cheeky lanes.

Antman, Elektra, Squirrel Girl, Korg, Nightcrawler, Rocket Raccoon, and Blade are the one drops, you could probably change a couple of them around, but ideally none of the ones that generate cards back.

Angela and Bishop are the only two and three drop of this deck respectively as they help with recovering your win condition if you don't draw into Strong Guy or he gets deleted via a discard effect.

Kazar and Strong Guy for the 4 drops, the deck is built around Strong Guy being played but more often then not by turn 6 you should not have anything left in your hand if played correctly

Blue Marvel because its just really a Kazar/Marvel strategy.

As with all one drop focused decks it instantly loses to Killmonger, but I used this deck to hit platinum so its definitely not something people are currently running into. Its a really good deck to play if you don't have the other cards for something like the Devil Dino, Discard or Move decks.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I don’t have any major strategies though I finally seem to be escaping the 29-32 limbo I’ve been in for a few days now thanks to a deck built around Carnage, Warpath and Hulk and that feels kind of nice. My main goal is to have grays and greens in my collection as briefly as possible though so I’m also playing a lot of cards for too brief a time to figure out what their optimal placement is.

I’ve only had the game a week as of today and already maxed out the season pass, which obviously was helped by all the booster missions that were already unlocked this late in the pass but I’m still a little unnerved how much I like this, as somebody who’s never really had a game installed on their phone before. It’s kind of unsettling how often I find myself reaching for it, or even pausing an actual game I’m playing just to squeeze out a couple matches of Snap.

Maybe the better gauge of how much I’ve gorged on this game is my collector level, which is 251?

In any case, the thing I’m most curious about right now is how long I should hoard gold for. I’ve got nearly 2,000 gold but I see how quickly the collector shards deplete and feel like there’s far less opportunity for gold, so…

Avatar image for deactivated-63d17e8766caf
deactivated-63d17e8766caf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@zero_3 said:

I do have a question though, should I just be upgrading everything when given the opportunity? Is there ever a downside to that?

One of the factors in matchmaking is your collection level.

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I downloaded this on Steam. Two days later, I linked it to my Google game account to play on my phone...

I've been running a pretty basic deck but I just put together a deck of movement-based cards. Haven't tried it out yet, and I'm missing Iron Fist, but it might be useful. I'm starting to see the synergies of groups of cards now that my collection is growing.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

One thing I want to add is to use your time, especially when you've got a tricky board. Don't want to be hasty and drop an Odin on a Carnage like some guy in this thread.

Me. I am that guy.

Xolotl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By BisonHero

Not a strategy talk, but can we talk about how bad the battle pass is? A) It’s too expensive for a mobile game, and B) the things it gives you are mostly garbage.

I could understand if the battle pass just gave you a bunch of unique cards and wall-to-wall credits/gold, but instead you get a single actual card, then so many levels of battle pass are dumb cosmetics like profile pictures or variants of cards you might not even use, or boosters which are worthless garbage that you can easily grind out on your own time.

Maybe I misunderstand the whole business model, but I don’t see how this game is making any money from the battle pass. It’s a fun free game, but I think Jan and Grubb are nuts for buying into the battle pass. It should be $5 USD at most and even then the benefits are highly questionable.

MeesterO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@bisonhero: Not only that but the card from the last Battle Pass is considerably not worth any sort of dollar amount. Out of all the games I played I encounted the Miles card a total of one time and saw countless people using the variants, icons and card backs from it.

Fast forward to this battle pass i've seen Black Panther multiple times, and they even did special locations that synergize with the card itself. It's almost like they took notice about it and tried to put in a little more incentive into it by gameplay mechanics alone which kinda blows.

BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just started a destroy/discard deck. It's pretty fun. I'm still getting the hang of it, and my wins are much more narrow than other decks.

ZiegfredZSM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ZiegfredZSM

This is the first card game I've played since OG Pokemon launch and I'm having a ton of fun. The battlepass kind of sucks though, it's basically a 10 dollar monthly sub that gives you...a single card

I've got 2 paths in my deck I can destroy cards or build up my hand with the moongirl and devil dino duo. It works really well and including killmonger in my deck allows me to surprise the other player on turn 6 by lowering their power

Elzwerth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ginormous76: I just started it today and yeah, it's a time suck. Quick games, good pacing in the rewards system, low to no risk when you lose. All the good time brain chemicals. It's going to ruin me.

RagTagBag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bladeofcreation: I'm about to give up on it. Way too much RNG. I almost never get Sif And Apocalypse in my hand at the same time, Angel is always in my starting hand, and every time there's a discard it's the card I want to keep. I think I've actually been able to discard Apocalypse twice in a game maybe twice.

ljbrewer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ragtagbag: I couldn't make Apocalypse work either. I moved on to a movement deck and it feels like it rewards skill more than my discard deck did. There are a lot of cards I haven't seen yet though. Maybe there's something that will spruce up my other decks.

ZiegfredZSM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ragtagbag: you can't rely on just one setup like sif into apocalypse I've got three different ways my deck can go depending on what I draw and the cards have to all work together. My biggest combo is moongirl into devil dino and I only hit that a fraction of the games I play.

RagTagBag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ziegfredzsm: Well yeah, I've got other things happening in the deck, but if you're not trying to set up Apocalypse plays, what's the point of running a discard deck.

I'm still successful with it. I'm in pool one, so I'm winning almost every time, but it's not really a fun or satisfying deck to run.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’ve got a fun sort of misdirection thing going on right now.

# (1) Iceman

# (1) Iron Fist

# (1) Mantis

# (2) Cable

# (2) Mister Sinister

# (2) Star-Lord

# (2) Scarlet Witch

# (3) Captain America

# (3) Sabretooth

# (4) Namor

# (5) Devil Dinosaur

# (5) Spider-Woman

Basically I rarely play on first turn, Iron Fist can move Namor into a bad draw the opponent is avoiding and sometimes I’ll skip another turn on the middle, so with just him and Dino I can usually have a 10 and 15 power card out by turn 5. At that point one or the other acts as a sacrifice while I save the lower power cards for a bombardment on my empty lane at the end. Especially potent if Sabretooth can be played on a destroy lane and come back as a free drop.

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 thatpinguino  Staff

Played a bit today and the only thing I've played against that felt top tier was Moon Girl + Devil Dinosaur. Playing Moon Girl then Devil Dinosaur is basically a free win. Most every other game has felt good. This game very much rewards reading the opponent and making good situational plays. It's pretty refreshing honestly.

BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've definitely had games with a bad starting hand and bad location combo that just screws me over, but more often than not I feel like games are won or lost based on late game plays. It's a card game with random locations that modify the your cards and multiple cards that can modify locations. But somehow I don't feel like I'm at the mercy of RNG too much. Most wins and losses feel earned.

RagTagBag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RagTagBag

@bladeofcreation: I don't know about that. It feels a lot like Hearthstone where 95% of your success comes from building a good deck and RNG. There's really not all that much you can do actually playing a match.

It's even more RNG based than Hearthstone with the random zones that heavyily influence each match.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Nodima

@bladeofcreation: I agree. Shortly after posting my deck I had three or four wins where all I played were Dino and Namor. With that deck I sometimes don’t even play a card until turn 4 the way this mid-week’s spotlight locations have been unfolding. I took screenshots on my phone but couldn’t immediately figure out/remember the easiest way to share them on this forum.

Of course there are bad games and rough draws from deck to hand, which I’ve often compounded throwing together sloppy decks more focused on boosting new cards than ability symmetry, but I can’t say I ever feel cheated when I lose at all. And like Gerstmann said on a recent podcast (discussing Call of Duty, though) you know a game has tight design when losses feel just as good as wins - I think Snap has that.

DrGonzo456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having been playing a bunch (around level 300ish) it does feel like just having a solid straightforward deck is pretty key. The Moongirl + Devil Dino combo is just great, and all the movement/destroy/discard decks I've tried feel like they fail almost as much as they succeed.

That said, learning when to snap is the real key I think to climbing those ranks.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BisonHero

@drgonzo456: Learning when to Snap is important, but equally or more important is learning when to retreat. If you know you drew a bad opening hand and/or got locations that absolutely mess you up, it’s pretty important to know what degree of comeback you deck is capable of, and if it’s just not in the cards, retreat as soon as your opponent Snaps or before locking in your turn 6. Losing 1 cube is really nothing, and if I can shit talk the GB staff, I think the reason they’re still low-ish rank is they Snap too much for the lulz. Even if your win/loss is literally 50:50, if most of your losses are only 1 cube retreats, but most of your wins are 2/4/8 cube Snaps, you should be climbing rank pretty easily until you encounter more conservatively strategic players around like rank 60-70.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started an X-men themed deck, with Storm's and Professor X's abilities being to close off lanes early. If you can combo Storm and Jessica Jones back-to-back on an empty lane, that's a pretty good chance on taking that one.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

I cannot stop playing this game. Just pulled Typhoid Mary and put her in my Reveal deck, and she is just handing out wins (4 cost, 10 power Ongoing: -1 to all your other units). Coupled with Enchantress removing that ongoing, she makes for a very good wildcard play.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Undeadpool

@ragtagbag I disagree on a somewhat fundamental level: my big problem with Hearthstone was that certain deck builds became "meta" really, REALLY quickly to the point that, almost regardless of draw, they could beat any "non-meta" deck, so when two of those decks went up against one another, it was entirely up to the draw order since where you played which card was already set in-stone.

That to me feels MORE like you're at the mercy of RNG, whereas locations add another x-factor, making certain deck builds stronger and others far less viable. I've made some truly boneheaded plays early on or regarding locations, and have still come out on top. And vice versa!

@nodima: Curious where you are in the rankings, cause where I'm at: I see Shang-Chi almost every encounter, and he can be an absolute motherfucker for strats like that.

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 thatpinguino  Staff

I uninstalled. After a few days of playing the same 3 decks against the same 3 decks I got bored. There is a ton of randomness thrown into every game to make up for the fact that the game drip feeds you new cards in a random order. I would like to try new things, but I can't because I don't have key cards for the handful of early archetypes that actually have support. Grinding out wins and games played felt more like work than play so I jumped ship. This was probably the fastest I've bounced off a card game.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I uninstalled. After a few days of playing the same 3 decks against the same 3 decks I got bored. There is a ton of randomness thrown into every game to make up for the fact that the game drip feeds you new cards in a random order. I would like to try new things, but I can't because I don't have key cards for the handful of early archetypes that actually have support. Grinding out wins and games played felt more like work than play so I jumped ship. This was probably the fastest I've bounced off a card game.

That's a pity! I found the ability to customize and experiment really freeing up until around rank 40, and the drip feed of cards to be pretty generous until I got to Pool 3 (CL 475), when it intentionally slows to disincentivize grinding.

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By thatpinguino  Staff

@undeadpool: I got to rank 40 in a day and then just kept running into the three to four decks you can build in pool 1: on reveal, swarm, devil dino, and self destruction. Then it just became about what bullshit the game threw at me and whether the random effects came up my way or the opponent's. Like did Morph turn into your opponent's bomb or their 1 drop? Or did your discard effect hit your bomb or your 1 drop? Did a location flip that completely fucks up the game or did you get a relatively normal one? Did you or your opponent draw one of the 4 cards that actually interacts with your opponent (Enchantress, Elektra, Spiderwoman, Cosmo)? Did you have priority so that the effect actually worked properly? It's just a lot of stuff that happens to you and that is fun for a minute, but I can't deal with it long term.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatpinguino: For what it's worth: Pool 2 gets you some absolutely wild stuff and lets you construct a Move deck that's competitive against almost anything, but actually requires a LOT of thought. It's the deck I screw up the most because I forget to actually think about what I'm doing, as opposed to just playing the best card in the moment. And pool 3 is completely bonkers.

And the ranks have diversified a lot this season as the bots are really only a thing ~25 and lower, as opposed to 30.

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 thatpinguino  Staff

@undeadpool: I don't want to play for a few more days so I can eventually get one card from the next tier of deck. It's a real grind to unlock cards once you burn through your initial glut of credits.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Without saying too much, until I actually had The Infinite in my deck it seemed like a wildly useless card. But having spent time with that Namor/Dino deck, it’s obvious how fun/deceptive it can be to play almost nothing all game.

If you don’t know the card, you almost always have to skip turn 5 to play it, but it’s a steroidal Hulk/America/Abomination when you do. So the idea is to make a lane you’re disinterested in feel competitive, only to Cloak/Vulture one and Infinite another.

This is a neat game.

laughingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been playing around with a move deck that's surprisingly flexible and has gotten me from rank 10 to rank 37 in the last couple of days:

Iron Fist, Nightcrawler, Forge, Kraven, Multiple Man, Cloak, Ironheart, Dr. Strange, Hulk Buster, Vision, and Heimdall.

The main strategy is boosting Multiple Man with whatever I can play, then using Dr. Strange, Cloak, and Heimdall to fill the board with him. It takes some planning and the early rounds don't leave you with a lot to do, but it's incredibly satisfying when it works.

A secondary strategy focuses on getting Kraven out early and moving cards to him until his location is full, the shifting the whole lot with Heimdall. Those three that move with him trigger his ability, giving him another 6 power and usually guaranteeing a win at that location. It's sneaky and effective.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Today I learned: there is a cap to the amount of credits you can keep in reserve. Once you hit 5000, the game says you can't collect anymore and to go spend them.

I knew I was at the top of pool 2 of cards, so instead of limping into pool 3 with only a few new cards, I thought I would lurk for a few weeks at my current collection level until I amassed a fortune of credits to blast through a bunch of unlocks. However, it appears this game and its wretched card-unlock system was 2 steps ahead of me.

As a consolation prize, the devs have indicated they might add some kind of "card unlock" currency to the game, though it's likely you would spend the currency on a small handful of cards that rotate into and out of the shop (much like how the skins and fast upgrades currently work). So you'd still be at the mercy of waiting days or weeks for the specific card you're trying to unlock, but at least that's better than literal months of waiting if the card you want is deep, deep in the unlock order of your collection level.