What was jeff talking about

Avatar image for deactivated-58670791014d2
deactivated-58670791014d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

During the bomb cast he said something about a Pringles can and people thinking he was hinting at the game. What exactly was he talking about ?

BD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

wumbo3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 38

#4  Edited By wumbo3000
Loading Video...

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The Marvel v Capcom community already had a phrase of "Pringles" from MvC2 as shown above whereby you keep using the same move over-and-over (because "Once you Pop, the fun don't Stop!"). Fast forward to rumours of MvC3 being in the works, and Ryan Penagos, Executive at Marvel, Tweets out this:

Saying that they are showing off a surprise to the media. (Also remember that at the time, Capcom were known to fly the press to Hawaii for reveal trips and away-days, so the fact a Marvel guy was there made people think about MvC).Meanwhile, Jeff is at the same event and innocuously tweets this out about there being a lots of Pringles at this event (specifically Pizza-flavoured Pringles):

I think Jeff literally meant it as a casual tweet about there being Pringles there, which he likes, so he's going to eat them. But the entire MvC community (going by forums I've looked up) took it as some knowing tip-off to reveal MvC3.

They were, in fact, in Hawaii to reveal MvC3 to the press... but Jeff didn't know that yet.

kcin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@dixavd: Thanks for the very thorough, clear explanation.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@bd said:

Oh, it's for infinite combos? I always though it had to do with chip damage..

poobumbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By poobumbutt

@dixavd: Good explanation.

This had me confused as well. As someone who didn't know of the Pringles "weak defense" term, I had just assumed while listening that the reason why Jeff accidentally revealed MvC3 was because of some Capcom/Pringles brand deal. Eg. MvC characters on Pringles can; gets tweeted out; spoilers. But if that were the case, Jeff could have easily looked at what would naturally be a branded Pringles can and realize "oh, I probably shouldn't tweet this..." so I was befuddled.

Avatar image for deactivated-58670791014d2
deactivated-58670791014d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

DarkeyeHails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers