#1 Posted by spyder335 (628 posts) -

looks awesome but not worth buying a PS4 for.

#2 Edited by NTM (11570 posts) -

Doubt it. PS4 master race, you know how it is. Just kidding. Oh, sorry. In all seriousness, I really do doubt it. It'd be more plausible if it was only on a Microsoft system 'exclusively' first, but seeing as it's a Sony thing, I really don't see it happening.

#3 Posted by Meltac (2023 posts) -

Probably never, unless Sony change their whole exclusive games-policy, which is highly unlikely.

#4 Edited by Seikenfreak (1496 posts) -

Insomniac is a Sony first party dev right? Not sure if any of their other stuff has ever been released on anything but Sony platforms. And based on how this games' reception seems to be going, they'll be waving the "Only On PlayStation" banner from now til PS5 at least.

#5 Posted by xanadu (2033 posts) -

@seikenfreak: I believe Fuse and Sunset Overdrive are the only games of theirs to not be exclusive to PlayStation. Neither are on PC.

#6 Posted by KingBonesaw (1359 posts) -

There’s probably a higher chance of the game disappearing in a few years due to licenses expiring than their is for a PC release. SIE doesn’t publish computer games outside of the very rare exception (Helldivers comes to mind).

#7 Posted by The_Nubster (3998 posts) -

Absolutely zero chance, now or forever in the future. Not only does Insomniac not do PC releases historically, but they're also funded by Sony and Sony does NOT!!!! release their games on PC.

#8 Edited by Moderp (222 posts) -

"Hey do you guys think Bloodborne will come to PC?"

#9 Posted by ghost_cat (2240 posts) -

A man once said, "With great power comes great exclusivity."

#10 Edited by ShaggE (9215 posts) -

Sure, it'll be bundled with The Last Of Us and God Of War, and be released alongside the Switch, XB1, and Atari Lynx ports.

#11 Edited by liquiddragon (3287 posts) -

Someday when Disney owns everything.

For real tho, sucks Sony's back to their 1st place arrogant ways but gotta give it up for their exclusives this gen. Remember when Knack, Driveclub, and The Order were their flagship games? During the 1st year ppl actually thought Xbox had better games and they did.

#12 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2930 posts) -

I can see in the next 30-50 years Amazon and Disney go to war with each other and eventually nuke themselves.

#13 Edited by liquiddragon (3287 posts) -

@bigboss1911: do you think humans will witness this or is this post-mankind?

#14 Posted by Slag (8155 posts) -

You cant beat 0%

#15 Posted by Rorie (5635 posts) -

It seems exceedingly unlikely.

Staff
#16 Posted by tatsuyarr (244 posts) -

@seikenfreak: Insomniac are independant. They made Sunset Overdrive which is exclusive for Xbox One.

#17 Posted by dudeglove (13684 posts) -

A man once said, "With great power comes great exclusivity."

underrated comment

#18 Posted by ATastySlurpee (639 posts) -

0 chance.

Avatar image for farleyslundgren
#19 Edited by FarleysLundgren (143 posts) -

Not impossible for it to happen some time in the future I guess. Don’t expect it for a good number of years though.

Like a remastered PC version

#20 Posted by Castiel (3468 posts) -

I don't think that's going to happen. Console master race.

#21 Posted by CreepingDeath0 (416 posts) -

Perhaps you'll be able to stream it on PS Now sometime in the far flung future.

#22 Posted by Seikenfreak (1496 posts) -

For real tho, sucks Sony's back to their 1st place arrogant ways but gotta give it up for their exclusives this gen. Remember when Knack, Driveclub, and The Order were their flagship games? During the 1st year ppl actually thought Xbox had better games and they did.

Hey, all of those are perfectly okay games. One might say good launch games. Which reminds me that I should try and pick up Knack 2 for cheap.

And I forget they did Sunset Overdrive or that the game exists. I bought it and didn't play it that much.

#23 Posted by Big_Denim (831 posts) -
#25 Posted by liquiddragon (3287 posts) -

@seikenfreak: Maybe they are, Idk, and I do want to try 'em. My point is more that they seem to be really hitting outta the park these days.

#26 Posted by Seikenfreak (1496 posts) -

@liquiddragon: Yea, I'm just teasin. Knack felt very.. 90s video game simple to me. Was decent. I have the Order but its still sealed.. Someday I'll check it out. Footage looked cool. I picked up Driveclub way late and only played it a little. Seemed fine though, especially considering Sony didn't have any other good racing stuff yet.

Sony is crushing it this gen. As much as people hate it, I think exclusives are what keep these consoles alive, relevant, and exciting. Though I am getting an arrogant vibe now like the start of PS3 era, and it'll come around to bite them in the ass again.

Annnnywaaaay.. that's a thread derail. My copy of Spider-Man just arrived.

#27 Edited by Castiel (3468 posts) -

@liquiddragon: Don't act like Microsoft wouldn't pull the same trick if they could get away with it.

Of course Sony did this. It's crazy that a Spider-Man is an exclusive. You might say it suck that not everybody will get to play the new SM game but that's the world we live in. The alternative would be no exclusives ever and that is not going to happen.

#28 Posted by Bones8677 (3535 posts) -

Why does this get asked every time there's a big Playstation game out? You think people would have wisened up by now.

#29 Posted by FarleysLundgren (143 posts) -

@bones8677: I never thought any Yakuza game would ever get ported to PC but here we are. Though that has more to do with SEGA opening up to the PC market more and more.

#30 Edited by liquiddragon (3287 posts) -

@seikenfreak: Haha, I don't know who's worse, 1st place Sony or 1st play Microsoft. I remember Microsoft being annoying but Sony really turns into a special kind of dick. In terms of exclusives, I think I lean more towards liking them? It does suck that not everyone can enjoy them and it's extra frustrating when it happens with 3rd party games but it fosters competition and gives tangible reasons to get a specific console. It's really forced Microsoft to step it up and all those studios they acquired will hopefully = more good games. The thing I will say for Sony tho is that they never forgot about the importance of exclusives whether their in 1st or 2nd. When Microsoft was in 1st, they started to rely heavily on 3rd party games.

@castiel: Wait what? When did I act like this? I think you're confusing the exclusivity talk from the arrogant Sony talk. Those are separate conversations. The exclusives have nothing to do with Sony's arrogance, Sony's arrogance has has to do with their dominance in the console race.

#31 Posted by soulcake (2642 posts) -
No Caption Provided

Maybe .....

#32 Posted by ll_Exile_ll (3013 posts) -

@bones8677: I never thought any Yakuza game would ever get ported to PC but here we are. Though that has more to do with SEGA opening up to the PC market more and more.

A third party Japanese game that is a Playstation exclusive essentially by default and a first party Sony published, Sony funded game are two very different situations. The third party Japanese PS4 "exclusives" can and do get ported to other systems when western audiences show a hunger for these games on other platforms. A first party Sony game will never be on another system, period.

#33 Posted by FarleysLundgren (143 posts) -

@ll_exile_ll: That's true, I didn't think about the fact that it's a first party game.

#34 Posted by Casepb (598 posts) -

As soon as Bayonetta 2 comes to PC. Well there is always emulators.... but good luck with those.

#35 Posted by teo22 (72 posts) -

At the time the simple promise of Bloodborne was bigger than anything Microsoft could release or hype for. Also Driveclub is an underrated game, not sure why.

#36 Posted by FacelessVixen (2527 posts) -

The optimist in me said "yes" until I followed the money.

Avatar image for lokihellfire2008
#37 Edited by lokihellfire2008 (159 posts) -

I guess I will just play Sunset Overdrive instead.

#38 Posted by berfunkle (164 posts) -

Currently, Bloodborne can be streamed on PS Now so I figure you'll get your chance in about 3 to 4 years, that is if you want to spend $$$ on a PS Now account. Otherwise, not a chance.