Are you getting Spider-Man?

• 58 results
NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Are you getting Spider-Man? (352 votes)

Yeah, first day! I'm excited. 29%
Yeah, probably first day too. Ironic maybe, but I'm not actually all that excited for it. 5%
Yeah, but not first day. I am excited though. Money is mainly why I'm not getting it on release. Whether that's because I want to save up for something else, buy something else, or simply don't have the money right now. 18%
Yeah, I plan on getting it. Not first day though. I'm just not excited enough. 17%
Nope. I don't plan on getting it at all. 16%
I don't know... 9%
Some other choice not listed. 5%

Just seeing who here is super excited for it and planning on getting it tomorrow. I plan on getting it, but I don't know whether I should get it tomorrow or later. I really want to experience the game on a PS4 Pro on my 4K screen rather than on base hardware at 1080p. I'm also curious if that matters to anyone else here, or they don't care enough and just want to experience Spider-Man regardless. Maybe it's just the gaming sites I visit but aside from the game being well-received critically, I'm not seeing a lot of excitement for it from game site communities. Either that or I'm just not looking hard enough perhaps.

As mentioned on the only other thread here from @glots there surprisingly haven't been any threads on the game here. Is this the next comic book game that has people losing their minds over, or whatever sequel comes out? I wasn't a huge fan of City, but I remember fondly seeing many people lose their minds over that game. It was a game that grabbed the attention of people that don't play games that much too. Of course, there were people that weren't in love with it (me being one of them) but by and large, it seemed like the comic book game to really get a lot of attention and praise. I'm just wondering if Spider-Man is the next comic book game to do that, or if this game will turn out to be good enough to have people become excited about its sequel.

• 
FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I liked Spider Man 2 back in the day. Might as well add this to my PS4 wish list on Amazon for when I finally get the console.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

I'm not getting it day one just because I already have a ton to play and I don't currently have time for that either. But I'll be picking it up soon.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I get it, when it's like a tenner or something. Very few games are actually worth my full price, or even close.

rkofan87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By rkofan87

playing it and enjoying it the combat is hard even on easy but its fun to webswing around to me this is the assassin creed open world with arkham combat.

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

Nah, he's a mystery to me.

I'm just all caped and spandex-ed out with the constant barrage of Marvel movies. If I'm to see a darn super hero flick at this point, or engage with any format of 'em, it's gotta' do something different.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By Ben_H

I'm going to get it soon. It's funny because the E3 preview made me completely uninterested in it since it looked like a highly scripted game and didn't show any of the open world stuff. However, hearing it is more akin to Spiderman 2 has actually made me want to play it since I loved Spiderman 2.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

It very much looks like the kind of game I'll get for $20 on sale in 8-12 months and beeline through the main story. I'm still pretty fatigued with this particular brand of open-world game structure, so telling me that you climb towers to reveal icons on a map (i.e. like seemingly every other modern AAA video game in existence) is a great way for my eyes to glaze over. I'm sure it's a good "one of those" but I just cannot be arsed to care about the style of repetitive, trivial side content and collectibles that pad out these sorts of experiences.

MattGiersoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Totally gonna get it on sale down the line. Didn't get it day 1 even though I love open world games because I'm not that into super hero stuff and I've already saved money for two other open world games I'm super hyped about - AC Odyssey and Red Dead 2. Spidey looks pretty damn amazing and I know I'll love it but funds and time are limited so the two above take priority!