• 86 results
deskp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deskp

I guess ive not picked mission in the order the game would want me to so I've had to chnage discs 5 times already. they really should have made a better solution for this.

In ME2 i think there was only 1 or 2 disc changes.

Anyone else encountered this? on xbox obviously..

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax

I've played for about 12 hours and I've had to swap discs 8-9 times.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BrockNRolla

Yeah. I'm with you. The way they broke up the game is really annoying.

jmood88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By jmood88

Disc two has all the sidequests and the last part of the game and disc one has probably the first half of the game, so I've had to switch but not too much since I do as many sidequests as I can before moving onto the main mission.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Scrawnto

Man, that is seriously crazy. I wonder if disc two was originally going to just be the multiplayer disc, but they later decided to use multiplayer assets in the single player.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By napalm

Agreed. I don't mind switching discs, but I'm about twelve hours in and I've switched discs at least three or four times.

jmood88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jmood88

@Scrawnto said:

Man, that is seriously crazy. I wonder if disc two was originally going to just be the multiplayer disc, but they later decided to use multiplayer assets in the single player.

Probably not since Mass Effect 2 was also two discs.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GunslingerPanda

Discs?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Scrawnto

@jmood88: Good point. I played all of them on PC, so I didn't know that.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SomeJerk

ME2 had less changes because they compromised and put Legion way too late in the game (and then some) but that they didn't do it with this is positively puzzling.

Better be hoping MS does the good deed and puts a BR drive in the next Xbox - this is not even in the top five of bad disc swapping examples done in 360 games.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Capum15

I've only had to switch once in about 15-ish hours. Did the main quest to an extent and then decided to focus on doing sidequests.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Klei

Well, another joy of owning a gaming PC. No framerate locked at 30 fps, no disc swapping, instant loadings and three times better picture quality. But those disc swaps are insane, seriously.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#13  Edited By fox01313

If a lot of the side stuff is on disc2, they should have just put something at the front of the game stating to just install disc2 to avoid the disc swapping.

jmood88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jmood88

@fox01313 said:

If a lot of the side stuff is on disc2, they should have just put something at the front of the game stating to just install disc2 to avoid the disc swapping.

You have to switch even if you install disc 2. I think someone said when Mass Effect 2 came out that Microsoft doesn't let developers make it so that you just install a disc and play it off the hard drive but I don't know if that's true or not.

honkyjesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By honkyjesus

@deskp: I had about seven disc changes for the finished game of about eleven hours. They gave me the option an hour in of going on some mission and I have to switch discs after an hour of gameplay. I was about to stop playing after a few hours, but it picked up.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dany

You still have to swit discs if the game is installed. It sucks but not anything to be upset about, it only takes 5 seconds

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By handlas

Jeff griped about it on the podcast.

I ended up gettin the PS3 version (comes today). I guess that is a perk... I'll just suffer the horrible framerate which is a worse trade-off imo.

Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Hosstile17

Man, that is a real boner-jam. I haven't gotten to that part, yet. I will just make sure that I do all the side-quests together, to minimize disc switching.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jozzy

I hope it will be released on Games on Demand soon, my 360's disc drive is not that great anymore.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mikey87144

@handlas: The frame rate isn't horrible. From what I hear it's no worse than the 360 version.

Also wow. Swapping discs 9 times is stupid. I don't know what the solution is but Bioware could've done a better job. Actually Microsoft could've done a better job and give you the option to download the game like you can on the PS3. At least then you guys wouldn't be dealing with this.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#21  Edited By cornbredx

Ya the disc swapping in this one is really bad. ME2 Disc Swaps were much less inconvenient.  
It's kind of annoying. I'd have gotten this for PC but since I have my ME1 and ME2 saves on my XBOX I figured I might as well end on the platform I've been playing it on all these years.

avidwriter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By avidwriter

@deskp said:

I guess ive not picked mission in the order the game would want me to so I've had to chnage discs 5 times already. they really should have made a better solution for this.

In ME2 i think there was only 1 or 2 disc changes.

Anyone else encountered this? on xbox obviously..

The solution is playing on PC.

Avatar image for james_giant_peach
James_Giant_Peach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh Christ no you've had to get off your ass 5 times over an 11 hour period.

Sue 'em.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24  Edited By buft

whoa, this makes me glad that i decided to transfer to PC for the last game, i wasn't expecting this on Xbox though, the way Mass effect 2 was set up was fine, 1 disk change and that was it. I was lucky to get my save game working on PC too, so i don't feel like I'm missing anything except maybe achievements.

@jozzy said:

I hope it will be released on Games on Demand soon, my 360's disc drive is not that great anymore.

Mine just recently broke, part of my decision to move to PC

deskp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By deskp

@James_Giant_Peach: The problem isn't getting off my ass, its needing to get off my ass when I want to play a video game.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#26  Edited By fox01313

@jmood88: Well I'm just for putting the extra content disc2 on there & running everything off disc1. Just tired of how they did it here with the constant disc swapping in ME3 as it seems a bulk of content is on both discs.

Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Ihmishylje

14 hours in, swapped disc once. But I understand the complaints and I agree, they should've come up with a better solution.

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#28  Edited By zidd

I've had to swap 4 times so far in my 13.5 hours of play.

time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By time allen

if anyone would care to clarify: you can't just install all of the discs and then run the whole thing with the main disc? if not, that's insane that you can't do that.

pw2566ch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By pw2566ch

And people still back up this game.

"It's cool guys. It's only disc swapping about 10-20 times, DLC that was taken out of the game, and capped framerate. Totally still worth the $60."

HadesTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#31  Edited By HadesTimes

I've hit around 9 hours and I've changed the disc twice. I think it's more about how your playing the game than anything else. Jeff DID say that he felt like most of the side quests were on the second disc.

kmg90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By kmg90

How many discs is the 360 version have?

When the majority of mainstream big games need multiple discs, its a sign of a dated platform. It's why we can't have new nice things.

and Games On Demand is not the solution, not in its current form. Charging 3x more than price elsewhere and Online passes are not included in most EA Games on Demand.

Console specific rant below

PS3 and PC are being dragged down by the DVD only 360 (Why build more than what you can put on disc for the system that has a bigger userbase?)

With storage technology that we have now its downright embarrassing that a mainstream console is using a storage media the holds 1/5th of what can be stored on a competing system

Eaxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Eaxis

This much disc swapping is annoying. 7-8 hours in, 3-4 disc changes.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Marcsman

FF VII came out for the 360?

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#35  Edited By BoG

I've had to switch twice. Not a big deal, but I only had to swap once with ME2.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By FritzDude

Really? I changed the game from Disc 1 to 2 after 15 hours, and now I've been on disc 2 for at least 10 hours without a disc swap to 1 again. This seems weird to me, but I guess it all depends on what order you're addressing the missions in. I also think it's weird that we can install both discs, but still need to change them, though I would assume it's because of security issues, but what can you do. It's not 'that' bad to get up and change a disc, unless you have some physical issues, then it would be bad.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BrockNRolla

@mikey87144 said:

@handlas: The frame rate isn't horrible. From what I hear it's no worse than the 360 version.

Also wow. Swapping discs 9 times is stupid. I don't know what the solution is but Bioware could've done a better job. Actually Microsoft could've done a better job and give you the option to download the game like you can on the PS3. At least then you guys wouldn't be dealing with this.

They could have written a cohesive storyline instead of a couple important missions and the rest all being considered stuff on the side. That seems to be the way the discs are broken up, so every time you want to do a side quest, time to swap the disc. ME2 did a much better job with this, but then again, the storyline was much clearer there.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By vitor

@mikey87144 said:

Uh, you heard wrong: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-mass-effect-3-ps3-fps-issues

tonnous24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By tonnous24

12 hours in and I've done it once.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TheHumanDove

lolwut. I beat the game in around 30+ hours, and I did maybe 3 swaps max.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#41  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Klei said:

Well, another joy of owning a gaming PC. No framerate locked at 30 fps, no disc swapping, instant loadings and three times better picture quality. But those disc swaps are insane, seriously.

5 hours in, still waiting to see a loading screen. What the fuck is wrong with this game? It loads so fast I can't get a screenshot of the screen quickly enough.
hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By hatking

Why the hell couldn't they have done a Forza 3 thing? The second disc is an install disc that adds a bunch of extra stuff. Those with the space can do it, those without can go buy a decent fucking HDD already. Frankly, it's Microsoft's fault for selling those dumb shit Arcade and 4GB systems, basically requiring the developers to work within stupid constraints so that the people not willing to just throw down another $50 for a system can play anything.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#43  Edited By gla55jAw

I had to disk swap 2 times within 10 minutes. Right after I got on the Normandy, I went and did a sidequest, which prompted Disk 2, then after I finished, I went on to the first Story Mission and had to put Disk 1 back. Seems kinda silly to me.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#44  Edited By Sooperspy

Good thing I started playing through ME2 on PS3 and decided I'd get ME3 on PS3.

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#45  Edited By MikeFightNight

Holy shit... They should of at least gave you the option to install them all and play from one disc. That sucks dude.

PC has instant load times and no frame rate problems... I don't know how that helps you, but I thought I would share.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#46  Edited By Vinny_Says

It's like they learned nothing from forza....I quickly realized that all the n7 missions were on disc two so I saved them up. I'm at 22 hours and only had 3 disc swaps and am expecting a fourth.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By MideonNViscera

I just don't understand what was wrong with whatever they did for ME2.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#48  Edited By Justin258

If they did the "install so you don't have to switch" thing with Forza 3, I don't see why they couldn't have done it here. I guess because ME3 isn't a first party game or whatever. It doesn't much bother me, it's just a bit of a bummer that it happened.

As for me, I've only had to do three or four disc changes in ~15 hours of play. It's not that bad and certainly not a deal breaker. Besides, disc changing isn't anywhere near as bad as the shit framerate that the PS3 version supposedly has, though the 360 drops there sometimes as well.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#49  Edited By big_jon

I beat the game and only had to swap twice....

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By laserbolts

Yeah im right at the end of the game and I had to switch around 6 times. Once you get to a certain point though you wont have to switch anymore. They could have handled this better though.