Medievil Remaster/Remake (PS4)

MattGiersoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By MattGiersoni

Biggest news from PSX and one of the best surprises from this week for me personally. Medievil is coming to PS4, remastered/remade in a similar way to the Crash trilogy. I expected Crash Team Racing, but I will take Medievil any day. So hyped! Loved it as a kid and bought it as a ps1 classic on my ps3.

Anyone else excited? I imagine a lot of fans wanted the Spyro trilogy, which I'm sure is also happening or will happen, but sony actually owns MediEvil and Spyro is now Activision's so it was probably easier to work out some stuff.

BrunoTheThird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BrunoTheThird

I'm hugely excited if it's a remake on the level of the recent Crash games. I replayed MediEvil the other month and it's still got the charming, funny, unique style. With the music and character/world design combined it always felt like I was playing some classic Rare game. I'm a huge fan.

If it's just a basic remaster (as it looked like that zombie in the teaser was uprezzed) I don't particularly care. This game deserves a proper reimagining in my opinion. It has the legs to transcend into a good 2018 game rather than a good game from 1998 brought kicking and screaming onto the PS4. We'll see how it turns out I guess. I'm of two minds currently.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

I'm beyond excited for this. I looooved the first MediEvil. Never even finished it, but it's one of my fondest PS1 memories because of charming everything about that game was. I hope this remaster is going to be both of the games because I never got to play the second.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

As someone who often brought up MediEvil as a game they should bring back, this suits me just fine.

Dragon_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

This is pretty awesome. I played through Medievil 1 a couple of years ago and the written is still super funny, which is kinda amazing. I hope they do shake up the gameplay somewhat though, the original game doesn't control great.

BrunoTheThird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BrunoTheThird

It'll be an update or remaster of the PSP remake from 2005 most likely. A part of the intro cutscene from that remake is actually in the teaser, so I doubt the original game is their source material.

TylerHendrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I never owned this game, but it somehow left a pretty big impact on me all the same. I ended up doodling this a month or two ago when I was thinking about how I'd like to get a chance to play it. I remember seeing ads for it and maybe playing a demo at a Walmart at some point, and the look of it always seemed really fun & unique. I'm pretty excited to finally take a look at it.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Onemanarmyy

Generally positive on it, but a little bit sad that it will be a crash-style remake instead of a fully new game. Smart business decision though. Crash already showed that people are willing to buy an old remaster en masse, and creating a fully new game would probably not bring enough extra people in compared to this.

I can see Ape Escape & Spyro being next.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

I played the demo of this game so so much. Will probably need to buy it just to see what’s passed they mission

Zefpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THE DREAM IS ALIVE YOU WONDERFUL PEOPLE! NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

As you might be able to tell, I am hysterical. I loved this series so much, and would always get excited when it was brought up in conversation. When I saw this announcement, I couldn't believe it.

Sir Dan is the hero we all need, and we need to help him discover the hero inside of himself....AGAIN!

sweetz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sweetz

So this comes out tomorrow. I completely forgot it even existed.

Still seems like a weird thing to remake to me and Sony doesn't seem to have put much marketing behind it. I'm somewhat interested though. I've avoided the PS1 era remakes so far, so I'm not yet over-saturated on throwback gameplay, and this is one I never played originally. It's $30, which seems an appropriate price, unlike what Nintendo is charging for Link's Awakening...

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played the demo (which was only available for a limited time, which seems to be a strange current trend with demos) and it definitely felt like the old game. A little too much maybe, if you’re looking for something with depth to it.

It had a nice charm to it and I liked the visuals, but with Outer Worlds and some other games coming out currently, this’ll have to wait until holiday sales.