It's time to settle the great debate: Which boss do YOU beat first?

wumbo3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 38

Poll It's time to settle the great debate: Which boss do YOU beat first? (203 votes)

Air Man 34%
Bubble Man 3%
Crash Man 0%
Flash Man 5%
Heat Man 1%
Metal Man 41%
Quick Man 4%
Wood Man 10%

Alright, from the discussion from the most recent Bombcast, it's time to settle this great debate with a good old fashioned poll. So Giant Bomb users, which boss do you beat first?

I've ordered the poll in alphabetical order so as to not bias anyone's opinion. Feel free to list your complete order of bosses if you'd like.

I've always done Air Man first because I'm not crazy, obviously. Like Brad said, that level is what comes to mind first when I think of Mega Man 2. It is the quintessential Mega Man 2 level. And he goes down in like 3 buster shots.

• 
sikdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Dan is wrong. Air Man.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Loading Video...

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Heat Man.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

You beat Metal Man first so you can easily kill the eggs the birds drop on Air Man's stage. You could do either first but there's no reason not to go get Metal Blade immediately.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Well, it depends on how soon you want to acquire the best weapon in the game.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

I just played through the entire game for the first time ever recently, and the order suggested to me (on a FAQ) was to start with Metal Man. It worked incredibly well and I had no problems with any of the bosses. I support the Metal Man start.

obcdexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Metal Man, easy stage, fairly easy boss fight, gives you an incredible weapon for the rest of the game.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

For serious though; Metal Blade has a ton of ammo, can be fired in 8 directions, has a big hitbox, is effective on nearly every enemy as well as like 4 of the bosses including Metal Man himself.

Air Man's weapon blows, but since he gives you a hoverboard that you can cheese stuff with I guess I can see the value in taking him on first.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By jakob187

Metal Man is the correct answer.

Air Man is acceptable. However, Metal Man's weapon is the single most useful for the entire game.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Metal Man has the easiest stage, is one of the easiest bosses, and gives the best weapon in the game. Why would you start anywhere else?

wumbo3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 38

The fact that there are other choices being selected other than Air Man or Metal Man is probably the most shocking to me.

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Anyone who doesn't say Metal Man is insane

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Somehow Dan is able to bring this up every 1.5 months.

WelshCleats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Metal Man. Because that's what Nintendo Power or something told me to do back in 1989 or something and it worked and I FEAR CHANGE.

Makayu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Makayu

Airman is the best strategy, it gives you a solid foundation to work off of allowing you to handle all the subsiquent levels with ease. I never liked the metal man approach personally.

Binarynova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By Binarynova

Flash Man.

1. Having Item-1 or Item-2 doesn't do anything to simplify or speed up his stage.
  2. He's one of the easiest Robot Masters to use the Mega Buster on, taking only 7 hits on Normal with a simple pattern.
  3. Seeing a lot of "Air Man" responses, so having the Time Stopper makes the beginning of Air Man easier (or at least helps you avoid damage).
  4. He and his stage are boring. Get them out of the way.
void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I always liked doing Flash Man first since it has the best stage music. That is all.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Air man is the correct, and only answer. That being said, the fact that there are other wrong answers being given other than Metal Man is totally mind blowing.

alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

Metal Man. Easy stage, easy boss, best weapon in any Mega Man game.

While Air Man is obviously 100% not the right boss to start with, he is still the least wrong, and therefore should be taken second. I can't abide by all this Flash Man nonsense.

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the way to solve this is to make Alex and Dan have a speedrun race. Itll be like AGDQ but 2 hours.

Kovie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only 80's Kids Will Know Which Mega Man Boss to Fight First

sku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I tended to go Flash Man first for some reason when I was younger, but I'd honestly go for any of them first if you can buster duel them. Quick Man would be a hard sell for first, though.

peteycoco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always went for wood man cause I didn't know any better and his stage was relatively easy

atomicoldman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metal Man. Great weapon with a ton of ammo, the stage is easy.

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also went for Flash Man first. Easy boss, and the flash stopper was useful in a lot of situations.

mcbisquick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tend to copy boss orders I see speedrunners do. I like to try to play the games as fast as I can, and I've not seen any speedrunners really do Metal Man first (or even all that early in the game). Metal Blade is pretty overpowered, but I've never felt like I needed it until I'm about halfway through the robot masters given the order I go in. I do Air Man first, but I've seen a lot of people do Flash too. But like I said, that's more about speed. If you're just casually playing I can see why you would want Metal Blade in your back pocket.