Reminder For Those Who Own GZ (PP Bonus Content Codes)

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Teddie

So if you bought a physical copy of Ground Zeroes' first-print release, you should have a code in your case for some kind of bonus MB staff to be used in Phantom Pain.

NA users got to redeem that code on some Konami site immediately, but other regions recieved a PSN/XBL code that you could not redeem until the release of Phantom Pain. This is basically just a friendly reminder to NA users to "check their vault on the Konami Core website", and for users with the PSN/XBL code to keep it in mind for when Phantom Pain is released in a couple of days. There's a more indepth description of how these codes are supposed to work here.

Oh, and for people with a digital copy, you apparently need to register your copy on Konami Core and upon release PP will check your purchase history for GZ, then activate the bonus content.

From what I can find, this is supposed to give you bonus staff for Mother Base, but the only mentions of it I can find are from a year ago. I'm hoping it's not the same thing as the POWs etc you can extract that are supposed to carry over to PP-- at the very least, the fact that this code was (apparently) only included in first-print copies and the use of "Exclusive" and "Bonus" all over the card that came with my copy suggest it's a separate thing. If you guys know what exactly this stuff is though, I'll update this post with corrections as I see 'em.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By ArtisanBreads

So what is with the whole upload my save option on GZ PC version? I was assuming I could just use that option then bring that into PP. Maybe that's just for PC?

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Devil240Z

Does it count if you have the digital version from PS+? I have the physical copy too but its in storage.

And I'm not seeing any way to register the digital version.

Also I think this thread should be in the TPP board since its more about the transfer to TPP rather than GZ its self.

Rydemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@devil240z: this is a quote from the link ->

"For those who had purchased the game digitally, regardless of region, the entitlement to the DLC received from registering the game via KONAMI Core will be linked to either your PlayStation or Xbox Live account – METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN will check that the game is in your purchase history, and will grant rights to that DLC when the game is released."

it will check your psn purchases for ground zeroes so you shouldnt need to enter a code, but i would make a konami core account anyway as it might be used for registering TPP and maybe MGO stuff.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So it should be automatic? Any way I dug the physical copy out of storage just to be sure.

FranticRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Thanks for reminding me. I completely forgot about that thing. I bought a copy for PS4 off of Amazon for 10 bucks a while ago. I wonder if it'll let me unlock the stuff in the PC version.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a digital copy on ps4 but have TPP on pc, i doubt i could get any codes. :-(

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So is the code doing anything for anyone? I'm in Europe, and I tried redeeming the code that came with Ground Zeroes on PSN, but it just spits out an error.

Funkupotamous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a Konami code not a PSN code.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LeStephan

@funkupotamous: On mine it literally says in dutch: Go to the playstationstore to redeem this code: after which the code comes.

None of the MgsV ones were working either.

Avatar image for reasonablesteve
reasonablesteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, I bought GZ on Steam ages ago, got PP up and running just now, and got two doses of Mother Base Staff. I'm guessing one was for pre-ordering PP, and the other was for buying GZ; I didn't have to do anything to activate it other than starting the game. I could be wrong about where those came from, though.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Well... put in my code and it said come back later to get your code to redeem your stuff so... hmmm dunno.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I thought they were just adding the option through the menu of GZ and TPP. So far it's only been done for the PS4 version. (got the XBO version myself so I cant confirm)

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By a_e_martin

In Europe it's a PSN code. Says so on the slip.

Funkupotamous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah okay, my mistake. Bummer since it seems like servers are still messed up.

My collector's edition has yet to arrive so I haven't had a chance to see what I even get from the code.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@funkupotamous said:

In Europe it's a PSN code. Says so on the slip.

Yep, as is mine. Time to go enter my code!

asger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In Denmark, doesn't work yet! Psn. Anyone gotten it to work nearby?