MGS V Pre-Install Waiting Room... what time is it?

• 142 results
I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

So... I read reports that the time for release was suppose to be 5 am pacific time for the steam pre-install cause of New Zealand. Now 19 minutes have gone by and still no sign of the game on steam. I'm now reading conflicting reports on the steam forums that it'll be later in the day. So the question is what's suppose to be the new time for release? Should I stay up and possibly wait for the game to come out or should I just go back to bed cause it's 5 am in the morning and I don't have to work today?

noval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By noval

go back to bed. the new zealand time thing was wrong information from some PR dude. official release is in ~15 1/2 hours at 12 am EST.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

:(

*back to bed*

Edit. Thanks for the info cause I'd been up for a bit wondering why the magic wasn't happening.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steam says it unlocks in 1 day and 5 hours in CST, which makes no fuckign sense and hopefully is another glitch that will be fixed before 11pm tonight. mad max says 16 hours though, wtf

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By mike

That page says the game will unlock for me in about 13 hours, but the Steam Store page for Phantom Pain says it will unlock in 29 hours.

Crommi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steam says it unlocks in 1 day and 5 hours in CST, which makes no fuckign sense and hopefully is another glitch that will be fixed before 11pm tonight. mad max says 16 hours though, wtf

It also says 1 day 5 hours for me, GMT+3

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've had games do that before, and they were all fixed before launch to the right times, so i'm hopeful this will be the same.

nkster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nkster

bummer, i actually signed up for a NZ vpn just to try and unlock it early... oh well

(i know... i'm sick)

Crommi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Welp.

12am ET = 12:00 ET = 16:00 GMT ?

DeiNile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crommi: 12:00 AM Monday, Eastern Time (ET) is 4:00 AM Monday, Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) according to Google.

Xel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Xel

It'll be up at 5am in the UK, adjusting for daylight savings time.

Avatar image for deactivated-63c06c6e81315
deactivated-63c06c6e81315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Crommi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Crommi
brutushayesosu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@briarpack: Steam is saying 23 hours for me. As if to say the game will unlock at 1pm EST? Maybe my profile settings are wrong or something.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasaioni said:

@briarpack: Steam is saying 23 hours for me. As if to say the game will unlock at 1pm EST? Maybe my profile settings are wrong or something.

Nope says the same for me, Mad Max has the proper time on it's clock. I'm hoping it's a glitch but who knows.

UncleDisco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#20  Edited By UncleDisco

@oursin_360 said:
@kasaioni said:

Nope says the same for me, Mad Max has the proper time on it's clock. I'm hoping it's a glitch but who knows.

They just changed it to "Coming Soon", so my guess is that they're updating the time atm.

*edit* Scratch that, back to 23 hours here.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THEY PLAYED US LIKE A DAMN FIDDLE!

Avatar image for deactivated-63c06c6e81315
deactivated-63c06c6e81315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Malarkain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The closer we get the harder time I have waiting for GMG to start selling this again so I can get it for $40.

defaultprophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THEY PLAYED US LIKE A DAMN FIDDLE!

Damnit Kaz keep it together!

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IF THERE ARE MICE, THAT MEANS THERE MUST BE AN EXIT SOMEWHERE. FOLLOW THE MICE.

I am waiting to get confirmation email that my PS4 bundle edition is shipping tomorrow.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By GERALTITUDE

Bear with me here as this is not pre-install waiting, but pre-playing waiting.

• guys, my physical copy just arrived.
  • delivery man never got a bigger thank you.
  • only 3 hours of work left.
  • I printed out and inserted the alt cover art.
  • I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE.
soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Staying up until 6 am to press a download button good times !

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@l4wd0g: Yup! I saw that story earlier. I probably would never have noticed it. I was worried it was going to be more prominent but it's fine.

I got the email saying it's on its way. I little bit nervous because the same courier sent something meant for me to the wrong address a couple of weeks ago but I'm hoping it goes smoothly this time. So hype!

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

the wait is real

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's 10pm today for me, woo! Which means I won't actually play it until tomorrow, boo!

Need to rush through the last few Side Ops in Ground Zeroes though so I can do that today at least.

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#33  Edited By DarkbeatDK
Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Less than an hour to launch for me.

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss. And the one who inherits the title of Boss will face an existence of endless battle. I'll give you ten minutes an hour. In ten minutes an hour, MiGs will come and bomb the hell out of this place. If you can beat me in less than ten minutes an hour, you'll be able to escape in time.

The Boss
Lelcar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

6 and a half hours left!

ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PSN speeds just took a nose dive, was at an hour left now it's five, still enough time but I was hoping it'd be done soon so I could turn off the PS4 for awhile.

outerabiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

when is it supposed to open up? i downloaded the game and the countdown is gone but i still cant play it.

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outerabiz: Maybe you are in the same situation as me, where I hadn't noticed that my pre-order got cancelled because there were no funds on my account, because SEN apparently decided not to withdraw the money from my card automatically this one time for some reason or another and now I've missed out on the digital pre-order stuff.

This
This

outerabiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fucking great, anyway to fix this?

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DarkbeatDK

@outerabiz: Well, it's available for purchase on PSN right now, if you don't really care about the extra stuff or you could wait until the morning and get a day-1 edition somewhere. That probably has some of that extra stuff and will probably be cheaper than digital version

outerabiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outerabiz: Well, it's available for purchase on PSN right now, if you don't really care about the extra stuff or you could wait until the morning and get a day-1 edition somewhere. That probably has some of that extra stuff and will probably be cheaper than digital version

ah great thanks, cost me another 40kr. but at least i dont have to download it again

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazon screwed up my Collector's Edition preorder and I currently hate them.

At least Gamestop is having a release in 5 hours, but damn... that dumb hand!

UncleDisco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316: Feel bad for you, man. I remember back when MGS 4 came out, and I had a pre-order for the collector's edition at gamestop. I was the second one to actually pre-order it in that store. Sadly they ended up only getting one copy of the CE, so that early pre-order meant fuck all.

I've since gone a bit back on collector's editions for games, since I rarely find them worth the acutal money, but I ended up entering a give-away for the CE of MGS V, since fuck it, and today they contacted me and told me that I had won. So that made my day a bit better... Even though I had already bought a regular copy of the game for the PC.

At least amazon is pretty good about owning up to errors, by handing out credit and such. So hope you get some of that!

Avatar image for deactivated-60b3efc3d52d7
deactivated-60b3efc3d52d7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steam here in the UK is saying it doesn't unlock till 6pm this evening, which is lame.

atomicoldman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was some stuff on Twitter suggesting that is the pre-order window, which is longer than the actual amount of time until the game is ready to install because ???

Avatar image for deactivated-60b3efc3d52d7
deactivated-60b3efc3d52d7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also noticed that Mad Max only just unlocked, despite steam saying it came out the 31st and MGS the 1st..

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Gnubberen said:

@csl316: Feel bad for you, man. I remember back when MGS 4 came out, and I had a pre-order for the collector's edition at gamestop. I was the second one to actually pre-order it in that store. Sadly they ended up only getting one copy of the CE, so that early pre-order meant fuck all.

I've since gone a bit back on collector's editions for games, since I rarely find them worth the acutal money, but I ended up entering a give-away for the CE of MGS V, since fuck it, and today they contacted me and told me that I had won. So that made my day a bit better... Even though I had already bought a regular copy of the game for the PC.

At least amazon is pretty good about owning up to errors, by handing out credit and such. So hope you get some of that!

I'll certainly remember this. I still remember missing out on the Bioshock Big Daddy figure, so sad.

I emailed them and told them it's the worst experience I've had in 10+ years, which is true. Asked for some sort of reimbursement. Harsh, but since they stopped giving $10 credits it's hard to justify ordering online anymore.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:

@Gnubberen said:

I'll certainly remember this. I still remember missing out on the Bioshock Big Daddy figure, so sad.

I emailed them and told them it's the worst experience I've had in 10+ years, which is true. Asked for some sort of reimbursement. Harsh, but since they stopped giving $10 credits it's hard to justify ordering online anymore.

As a customer service rep in a tech company, I'm sure the rep at the end of the line of that vitriol will enjoy your meltdown, then toss it in the trash. I assume you also threatened to pull your patronage of their services, 'cause that's gonna create chaos as everone rushes to reclaim you as a customer.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

Wait is there no preload on PC? That seems weird. I believe (hope) my Xbox version is already downloaded and ready to go for when I get home.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#50  Edited By mike

@atomicoldman said:
@oursin_360 said:

There was some stuff on Twitter suggesting that is the pre-order window, which is longer than the actual amount of time until the game is ready to install because ???

I saw a video with Robert Peeler, the MGS Online Community Manager, and that was the explanation he gave. He referred to it as a "soft launch" and that time was the cutoff for getting preorder bonuses, but the game is supposed to be playable at 9pm Pacific.

Man, Ground Zeroes is fun! I just completed the Renegades side mission and successfully extracted Glaz and Palitz without being detected instead of killing them. Hopefully they end up being worthwhile assets to Mother Base.