MGSV Release Date Possibly Leaked

• 83 results
Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I'm kinda wondering more about the release date for the pc version. After seeing how Ground Zeroes runs on the pc myself I'm tempted to probably grab the pc version of this one when it comes out.

I remember hearing out of Gamescom that they are targeting day and date with the console versions.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#52  Edited By Humanity

@corevi said:
@i_stay_puft said:

I'm kinda wondering more about the release date for the pc version. After seeing how Ground Zeroes runs on the pc myself I'm tempted to probably grab the pc version of this one when it comes out.

I remember hearing out of Gamescom that they are targeting day and date with the console versions.

So are you saying those dirty PeeCee users are pushing back the release date of my precious Metal Gear? Never before has an old man shook his fist at the clouds as vigorously as I am now!

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I guess I wouldn't be surprised if it was out that soon, given how much has been demoed over the years. Still seems like a delay would hit it, mind.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Normally I wouldn't believe something like this, but the Steam page of TPP suddenly updating to "Coming Soon", along with a guy working at a retailer leaking that their date suddenly changed to the 24th, and the new theory of the significance of Kojima's shirt (along with the fact that there is a Kojima Station on Christmas Day), gives me a cautious optimism about this whole thing.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Kooooooojiiiiiiiimaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Corevi
Loading Video...

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

METAL GEAR!?
FEBRUARY!?

KOJIMAAAAAAAAA!

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By John1912

I did some googleing when I saw that, There was a rumor at recent show that there was a release date of June 22 in one of the videos which sounds much more likely. Love it if it was coming in Feb. There has been nothing on PS4 that I want, but will prob pick one up in Feb for Bloodbourne, so that would be great timing.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

Based on how the industry likes to push for pre-orders so badly I would be incredibly surprised if that were true. I am betting it is either released in June or July. With Witcher 3 being pushed and Bloodborne not being out until end of March I would love a February release, but I don't believe it.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Dan and Drew need to step up their game then. Not long to get through MGS 3 and 4!

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Its kojima, so nothing would surprise me. If anything long drawn out marketing campaigns for a series of this stature is pointless/wasteful.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Its kojima, so nothing would surprise me. If anything long drawn out marketing campaigns for a series of this stature is pointless/wasteful.

MGS3 will be a killer but MGS4 is pretty straightforward and not too long.

I just hope, nay, I PRAY that Drew doesn't suddenly say "well I've had enough of this for a bit time for a break" and then they never get back to it. I hope Dan pushes this forward so we keep going, it's probably the single best feature on the site for me right now.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#63  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I really think Drew may like 3. I hope he plays Subsistence. One of my favorite games ever. The stealth is way more fun and frankly easier because you can really start to pick off enemies silently from larger distances.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That would be so awesome if it's true.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2/24/2015 exclusive to Xbox one.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In regards to Metal Gear Scanlon, MGS3 will probably take a bit. It's a pretty long game, and it has a lot of systems. It can also be kind of tough, at least if you aren't great with the base mechanics(though Drew is steadily improving). However, I think Drew will really like MGS3 and the atmosphere/story, so I bet he pushes pretty hard with it. On the flip side, I don't think MGS4 will be a big deal. It's way more cutscene focused, it's really entertaining, not nearly as difficult, and it's the best playing of the games up to that point. Much more in line with Western shooters. I think Drew will shoot through that with ease. As a side note, I think MGS4 is my most anticipated play through. It's still my favorite of the series thus far, and I'm curious to see how Drew reacts to the big conclusion of the Solid Snake arc.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't say that.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Corevi
@spraynardtatum said:
@justkamtoo said:

Don't say that.

It was part of the Sony Press Conference last E3 and they already said The Phantom Pain is coming to PC as well. There's no way it suddenly becomes an exclusive, even a timed one.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Kojima announces release date days from now.
  2. All Worldwide PS4's turn on and begin downloading the game.
  3. This cannot be stopped.
  4. Kojima takes the stunned gasps as an opportunity to show off the clothing line.
GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

That just seems way too early...

Unless TPP has been in development way longer than expected and Ground Zeroes was just some tiny level they yanked out to fund development...

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I would be pretty rude of Kojima to release this before Metal Gear Scanlon is finished.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Dan_CiTi  Online

@quarters said:

In regards to Metal Gear Scanlon, MGS3 will probably take a bit. It's a pretty long game, and it has a lot of systems. It can also be kind of tough, at least if you aren't great with the base mechanics(though Drew is steadily improving). However, I think Drew will really like MGS3 and the atmosphere/story, so I bet he pushes pretty hard with it. On the flip side, I don't think MGS4 will be a big deal. It's way more cutscene focused, it's really entertaining, not nearly as difficult, and it's the best playing of the games up to that point. Much more in line with Western shooters. I think Drew will shoot through that with ease. As a side note, I think MGS4 is my most anticipated play through. It's still my favorite of the series thus far, and I'm curious to see how Drew reacts to the big conclusion of the Solid Snake arc.

I know it may not be the best thing to watch, but I'd love for Drew to sit on the Sigint codecs in MGS3, they're pretty neat and technical, and overall Sigint's perspective on everything besides the weapons & items is cool too.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, they way they retcon the MGS 3 support crew is a little weird although, in Sigint's case, it fits.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metal Gear!?

SirFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well this is Kojima so anything is possible, would be an awesome surprise if so.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Dan_CiTi  Online

@shindig: How is Sigint a retcon? I just think Sigint's disposition and technicality reminds me of Flight Club Drew.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In Metal Gear Solid 4 it's revealed he's the DARPA chief.

Just seemed like Kojima was trying to tie things up from 3 onwards. For the purpose of a plot point in MGS1, he needed to plant a character in a prequel to give that more relevance.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This Konami employee debunks the feb release date:

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=144402112&postcount=437

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Dan_CiTi  Online

@shindig said:

In Metal Gear Solid 4 it's revealed he's the DARPA chief.

Just seemed like Kojima was trying to tie things up from 3 onwards. For the purpose of a plot point in MGS1, he needed to plant a character in a prequel to give that more relevance.

I never really felt that was out of the ordinary, he's already a guy in ARPA in MGS3.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I should pay attention.

chimpchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the Christmas Kojisute, at the very end, Kojima says he can't talk about the release date yet but he heavily implied that 2015 is the target year, and said that the ending is in sight and it isn't finished yet and they are still in production, and I think he said that the interval between the games was (about) the same as with the first MGS (presumably from MG2 to MGS1 and from MGS4 to MGS5) which was interesting as this is an open world game and it's going to kick a lot of ass so of course it will take a while to make, and finally that if it didn't come out next year he would wear the chicken cap. Which led me to believe that mid-late 2015 would be a realistic expectation.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It'll be after E3, surely.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It'll be after E3, surely.

I know nothing, am no expert and am usually wrong about most things in life, HOWEVER, I would agree with this.
Seems likely we'll hear/see a few more things about the game here and there, a lil' trickle of information, then at E3 we'll get one more big "HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THAT!" trailer and then BAM release date.