What areas are the game set in?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

laxbro19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By laxbro19

I'm playing the game now and having fun but the color palette is getting old. I had read stories that the game would go to the US and Soviet Russia as well, and even back to Camp Omega. Can anyone tell me if there are more locations to explore?

bceagles128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@laxbro19: How hard is it to not post spoilers in the thread title?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@bceagles128: Afghanistan has been mentioned in like, every single trailer for this game that has any dialogue.

Africa was also mentioned extensively prior to release as another major area.

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yes.

You do not go to US or Russia or back to Camp Omega. There are only two areas in the game.

If people think this is a spoiler then they should not have willingly clicked on this thread, as this information is literally the only thing they could find out by clicking on it.

cornfed40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game comes with a two sided map. How spoilery could this be?

bceagles128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: yes they were mentioned pre release. Yes they are still spoilers.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

superdomino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cornfed40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a Metal Gear in this game

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bceagles128: It's not really a spoiler, because he was asking a question, he wasn't saying that it was for certain. That said... It is for certain.

marc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game literally comes with a map of these two areas. This thread is in no way a spoiler. Some people are just wayyyyy too spoiler sensitive.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No, they're not. Are you one of those people that doesn't want to know when there's a snow level in games?

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

FUCK. Why did I look at that.

officer_falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By officer_falcon

@cornfed40 said:

Make sure you don't forget the basics of CQC.

bceagles128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By bceagles128

I don't see how it's remotely debatable that the presence of an area in a game that you don't unlock until 20 hours into the fucking game isn't a spoiler. I don't give a shit if people have discussed it prerelease. Many people avoid prerelease coverage, myself included.

Regardless, unless you are intentionally trying to bother other people, there is literally zero inconvenience associated with not posting the actual locations in the thread title. Therefore there if it is even arguably a spoiler, you shouldn't do it.

it irritates others. I did not watch the MGS trailers uCan someone give me a good reason why

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bceagles128: The game takes place in Africa and Afghanistan. The game comes with a double sided map of the two areas. It has been discussed extensively pre-release that the game will take place in these two areas. This is not a spoiler. This is as much of a spoiler as saying Big Boss has a robot arm in this game, or saying you'll shoot guns.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

I dunno dude, if you're going to call the setting that has been pretty obvious for years now a "spoiler" it may be wise to just stay off sites like this when it comes time for games you care about to be released.

It's the setting of the game. If they did some weird thing where it was on Earth the whole time and then ended up in some Tron universe for the last few hours and that was mentioned in the subject line...fair enough. But this is literally nothing.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Not only is it set in Afghanistan and Africa, but there are also puppies!

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both locations have been shown in extensive pre release gameplay demos. Not spoilers...

Catlicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Catlicker

Well I didn't know about Africa, and I didn't want to know, and you just spoiled to me.

So it is what it is.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Okay, so to rein the conversation in and get it back OT: how diverse are Afghanistan and Africa? Are there swamps, or mountains, snowy areas or the like (not that either have particularly snowy areas, mind).

Loving the very brief time I've had with it, but if it's all desert I'll be disappointed.

Danforth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

***SPOILERS***

The game is not only set in Afghanistan and Africa, you also visit Cyprus and the Indian Ocean.

***SPOILERS***

FloppySnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FloppySnake

Africa is not a spoiler. It's on the other side of the map you receive in your box. If it wasn't, then I can see how this is a spoiler.

Catlicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Africa is not a spoiler. It's on the other side of the map you receive in your box. If it wasn't, then I can see how this is a spoiler.

Then you'll understand why it's seen as a spoiler to somebody that didn't get a box and downloaded the game from Steam.

Look, it's not that big of a deal because I can enjoy the game anyways, but just for the sake of the next person to get in this forum who cares about this, I think it would be a good idea to change the thread title.

FloppySnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FloppySnake

@floppysnake said:

Then you'll understand why it's seen as a spoiler to somebody that didn't get a box and downloaded the game from Steam.

Look, it's not that big of a deal because I can enjoy the game anyways, but just for the sake of the next person to get in this forum who cares about this, I think it would be a good idea to change the thread title.

Oh yeah, good point. Doh.

Avatar image for ddi_kazal_st_drebin
DDI_Kazal_St_Drebin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know this web site is western based but it still amuses me to watch people name a country and then a continent.

Afghanistan and the border of Angola and Zaire.

"What exotic location are you from?"

"I am...I am Latin."

"Heh, Latin is a big place there buddy. Eh, where in Latin?"

BurBan_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floppysnake said:

If people care that much about spoilers they need to get the hell off the internet.

FloppySnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catlicker said:
@floppysnake said:

If people care that much about spoilers they need to get the hell off the internet.

Not get off, but tread carefully. Unless they want to get off on stuff. That's none of my business.

Avatar image for secondpersonshooter
SecondPersonShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somejerk: considering ffVII WAS JUST RELEASED ON IOS THIS IS THE BIGGEST SPOILER IN THIS THREAD AND MY CAPS LOCK JUST BROKE KN THE MIDDLE OF THIS SENTENCE

konig_kei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saying the game is set in Africa is like saying Quiet is in the game.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

The question has been answered, and this thread is going nowhere.