Gamepass hits peak value

tartyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tartyron  Online

Gamepass on PC installed Solitaire Collection without my consent. Truly, we live in the age of technology knowing us more than we know ourselves. It's all downhill from here.

Now that I have my August spoken for, I guess I won't even bother with Pychonauts 2.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

This game isn't even on Game Pass for me, I demand a refund on my subscription!

More to the point though, pretty sure this came pre-installed on my Windows 10 installation like it says in the wiki. I remember uninstalling it after playing a game of solitaire way back when.

tartyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tartyron  Online

@imhungry: possibly. According to pc gamer, game pass is the $1.50 per month version, so I guess it makes sense, but it was weird seeing it already installed in my client. That said, I ended up playing it all night tonight. Solitaire reminds me of my grandma, who taught it to me (it’s 3 card draw or you are cheating) it’s a solid fucking game.

tartyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tartyron  Online

@imhungry: possibly. According to pc gamer, game pass is the $1.50 per month version, so I guess it makes sense, but it was weird seeing it already installed in my client. That said, I ended up playing it all night tonight. Solitaire reminds me of my grandma, who taught it to me (it’s 3 card draw or you are cheating) it’s a solid fucking game.

I half expect a story tomorrow of Microsoft buying the concept of solitaire for 30 billion.

Avatar image for giantbombisdead
giantbombisdead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I definitely don't have Game Pass and looks like I have Microsoft Solitaire Collection installed.

Launching it seems to have given me 7 days of free Xbox live Gold or whatever. Not sure, but it's displaying my gamertag I haven't used since the 360 days and the word "PREMIUM".

Got an unsolvable deck and lost my first game without placing any cards. GG

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Justin258

I decided to look and see if Windows 10 comes with Solitaire and instead it comes with this. So I opened it up to see what Windows 10 Solitaire looks like in 2021 and I got this:

No Caption Provided

...so you guys remember when you could just click Solitaire and have a fucking Solitaire board? Or you could play Pinball on that space cadet board? Or, before that, you could go play Hover? And of course Minesweeper?

I know that most people will look at the "free week of premium!" and go "so what" but it's the kind of thing that makes me die inside.

EDIT: Anyway, I won the first one (on default settings, which is easy with single card pile instead of having to pull three every time), it's nice to know that this still happens:

No Caption Provided