Whiskey Media's Minecraft Server: Part Deux!

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@marnox: Oh god, building a giant pyramid of sandstone reminds me of my island compound near spawn. Giant sandstone/sand building for an automatic cactus farm. It took so much sand. I don't even know why I made it. I never use cacti.

I also remember digging up 3 islands of sand back in the first server with FunExplosions. I went through like 4 diamond shovels.

...I might have to hop back on one day and build a giant thing of sandstone.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0d1bbdad7de
deactivated-5d0d1bbdad7de

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whitelist, please!

Username: Bonkumiru67

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@steamrickroller: Make sure to read the rules, there's a thing in there somewhere. Once you got the thing just reply / pm / post again / edit post / send a carrier pigeon and I should be able to get you set up.

Hoffafiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

long time no see! I've moved across the country since the last time I logged on :p

guessing the server went the way of the dodo?

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Hoffafiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1958  Edited By Hoffafiles

anyone happen to have a save of the world? I think I have an old copy, but not with the "newer" stuff I built

edit: Neat the older link for the save worked :D

coopdegra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The Tested server remains up if anyone feels like playing

Hoffafiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The old address I had for the Tested one didn't work (maybe I updated my client), is there a different address?

Bratcher_Lev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The old address I had for the Tested one didn't work (maybe I updated my client), is there a different address?

the current Tested minecraft server is testedminecraft.club .

Hoffafiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool, it worked thanks!

BinaryDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

tested server is on 1.7. :(

Marnox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

Hello guys! Any of you still around?
Cheers, Murundi.

Hoffafiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The one thing I wish I would have got is a copy of the castle I made in the nether,I don't think I even took screenshots :/ , guess I'll have to see if I can build it in creative and then make a save file at least

Amphetama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Took a while to find this thread and post. Never had been or really since been a part of a grief like this at the time but seeing people react to our 20 (I think?) year old sense of humor and take it seriously was, at the time, also very funny.

Sorry for the people who were upset (who are probably also now long gone) - but doing a dumb ass little 'clandestine operation' in Minecraft the night before you knew the plugin was going to be turned back on was so much damn unique fun back in 2011.

Not sure why one of my only interactions with a community that I considered incredibly important to me was a grief, but I guess maybe there's a tell in there about my mentals back then :P.

Uhhh yeah old thread I know - forgive me for visiting an old friend?

Miss ya GB.

-amp

@nodderly said:

Alright! In the interest of keeping everyone informed, here's what went down. Over the past few days, people with too much free time used lava, fire and TNT to grief a portion of the server, including Sto'Helit, the Parthenon, Burgertown, and Crimson_Ryan's house. Once I was notified, I began poking through the logs to see what I could find. While I was doing that, they dumped lava all over spawn. We were fortunate in a couple of ways:

1. I do very regular server backups, and it was simple to roll the server back and eliminate the majority of the damage.

2. The griefers were an awesome combination of stupid, lazy, and uncreative. The form of griefing they chose is the most easily handled, and leaves plenty of footprints.

3. If I had any doubts about the responsible parties after I checked the logs, they were eliminated quickly when I checked out the incredibly juvenile secret bunker they left behind. It includes some positively hilarious religious posturing, "ominous" Latin phrases, and a task board. To share the wonder with you all, I took some screenshots. Check my images and enjoy.

Once I was certain that I had the right folks, I issued bans and sent a PM to the ringleader. I have not received a response from him, so we're all going to move on with our lives and enjoy our awesome server.

Only one of the wannabe cultists has a current Giant Bomb account: Amphetama. The other three were his friends FootL0ng (that should have been my first red flag), Votz42, and sedahs.

They are all mega-banned, and we wish a plague on all their houses. I have placed a teleporter to their hideout at spawn. Everyone is welcome to the full tour and any goodies they might find there. I ask only that you refrain from destroying the actual structure. Capum15 has dibs on that part already.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled Minecrafting.