Campaign Remaster - Out soon (Eurogamer report)

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey all,

So Eurogamer are reporting (from leaks on PlayStation Network Store) that Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is going to be released tomorrow (Tuesday 31st March). This seems like PlayStation is for sure, but whether other systems such as Xbox and PC get the game is unclear, but I would suspect likely given how other games in this series release.

I am curious whether anybody else is interested in this game? I personally enjoyed playing this on Xbox 360 when it first came out (and is to date, the only COD game I have completed on Veteran difficulty) but I am little disappointed by the lack of multiplayer rumoured to be included with the game.

Just to be clear, this is rumours but it seems like multiple sources are claiming this making it seems more likely to be true (or at least some announcement or a pre-order option available tomorrow if not the full game).

Thoughts?

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By glots

I'm not surprised with the lack of multiplayer, considering how popular the MW remake/reboot/whatever turned out to be in that regard, with Warzone added to that. Probably want to keep the players in the same pool.

Rumoured price is $30/25€, which is...mmm, maybe on the level of what I'd pay for this. I rather would've taken just a sequel to the new Modern Warfare though, which I'm sure is also coming and will probably also be titled Modern Warfare 2, because...naming games is dumb.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

#3  Edited By Colonel_Pockets

I'm fine with them not adding in the competitive multiplayer, but I really wish they had spec ops. That was such a great mode that overtaken by the dumb zombies mode.

the_devoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was also really hoping that spec ops would be included when this got re-released. Especially after how terrible that mode is in the new game, bummer.

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It has been confirmed as launching today. The UK store price is £19.99 for the single player campaign and a bunch of extras to take into Modern Warfare/Warzone. This will be a PlayStation exclusive until 30th April when the game will be released to Xbox and PC players.

Link to Eurogamer update.