Feel free to put your friend code here if you want to hunt in Monster Hunter Rise :)

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Zurv

I'm not a switch person and only got it for Rise. (oh god.. please release the PC version soon. I'm playing 13' from the TV so it doesn't look super super bad.)

I'd rather play with random peeps from GB (vs random toxic internet people)

feel free to put your friend here if you want to hunt together:

I've put in about 1,700 hours into MHW (between the xbox and PC.)

I normally play GS, HH, SnS, HGB, and LBG. The fun for me is building out new sets and trying different weapon types. The "ez" nature of this game might get me to try some other weapons. (other the DB.. because.. lame.. :) )

buffaloseven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By buffaloseven

I'm tempted to pick up Rise for the Switch; I haven't played a MH game since 4 on the DS. Would this be better to pick up than World for the PC? I don't care about graphics as much as having the entire thing being as smooth as possible. Did they implement some improvements over World (which I understand added a ton of QoL enhancements over previous entries)?

EDIT: A cursory overview suggests that, yes, this is in fact better playing. That movement looks so much better. Will probably pick it up this weekend!

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Zurv

I'd personally suggest picking up MHW first. It is so amazing (it is cheap and also on game pass too.)

(also support DLSS now.. so 4k 120hz.. a real controller... etc...)

I'm not loving the game yet.. i'm really fighting with the crappy switch controls. That A/B buttons ugh. That said this be a me problem as i don't play stuff on the Switch.

The grafix are super ass tho and 30 fps is REALLY painful. This game IS coming to the PC too.

The internet tells me this game is amazing - I will keep playing (i also have nothing else to do.)

But get MHW, there is sooooooooooo much content. The pressing reason to get Rise is if you want to be part of the Rise zeitgeist. It is very tempting to just get carried in MHW - but.. Rise is said to be pretty ez - so you won't need much help.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Efesell

I feel like this frame rate was way better than console versions of World ever was. Kinda feels like it only looks bad if you are coming directly off of playing too much of World on PC which hardly seems fair to hold against this.

That said the art direction here is so much better than World its going to make for a very powerful PC release eventually.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

really? no one playing?

i'm just banding out all the village missions... but i have an apex rampage mission. I doubt it will be hard (the game has been very ez so far).. but god damn.. i really don't want to do it. ugh.. i'll pug some randos..

god i hate rampages.

Hunkadunkodon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't worry @zurv I got your back.

Add me at 0937-1019-8985

Now we just need to find the other seven Monster Hunter players and we'll be ready to roll!

tCobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

First time really getting into Monster Hunter. Been doing the village missions. Currently on 4 star. Have not touched multiplayer yet. Still war along my head around all the systems. Currently using long sword. Messed with bow a bit.

SW-3746-1736-7783

tCobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunkadunkodon: Added you as a switch friend. Switch name Mark with Mario riding Yoshi

Hunkadunkodon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tcobra said:

First time really getting into Monster Hunter. Been doing the village missions. Currently on 4 star. Have not touched multiplayer yet. Still war along my head around all the systems. Currently using long sword. Messed with bow a bit.

SW-3746-1736-7783

Well first of all welcome to the family. MonHun is a lot like Tekken. Once you've played one, you've played 'em all. Luckily MonHun doesn't have PvP (anymore) so it's simply like being the first year at a new school. Lots of people have taken these classes already but everybody has to start somewhere.

I've been playing off and on since Freedom Unite and I *still* have to look stuff up all the time, so don't sweat it.

If you have any questions about the game feel free to send me a PM on this here website about video games and I'll try to get back to you about it.

I'll apologize ahead of time now for not being super available. I got the message just after Rise released that we were being recalled to work after a year of lockdown so the next several months are going to be... Interesting... For me.

At least I'll have time to work on my Village Quests while I commute. *nervous laughter*

Also some hot tips about Long Sword...

1) People will call you a weeb. Sometimes in playful jest, sometimes because they are assholes.

2) Friendly fire does *kinda* exist in MonHun so you'll be best served by learning your attack arc and range so you're not constantly beating your party over the head when you're in there unleashing the souls of the dead.

3) I hope you like staring at dragon butt.

Hope to see you soon <3

Hunkadunkodon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zurv said:

god i hate rampages.

I can only imagine it's one of those things where they had those awful siege missions in MHW and World sold insanely well so someone somewhere in the chain said "Well surely that's what enamored the western audience, yeah? Put that in again."

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Efesell

I mean Rampages are so much better than the siege missions both from gameplay and the fact that they don't take a half hour of doing shit all to finish. If I had to do a ton of them it'd get old really fast but for as often as I've seen them so far they've been an enjoyable chaotic mess.

dobedobedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been playing a lot recently (as you can see from my blog post). But I am by no means an expert on Monster Hunter. I started playing Monster Hunter Tri and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and fell off of both fairly quickly. I had a hard time wrapping my head around the controls, especially on the 3DS.

I put about 60 hours into World on ps4 and focused solely on getting the best weapons. I primarily use the Charge Blade. Now in Rise I just barely learned about each piece of armor containing skills (crazy, i know). Nobody had explained this to me before and I must've missed the tutorial. It wasn't until I was getting my ass kicked left and right in Rise that one of my friends finally told me about investing in armor that complements your weapon.

I'm down to play with you guys but don't expect some kind of pro Monster Hunter gamer from me :P

I was okay with the first Rampage mission but was absolutely sick of it by the second one they make you do. I think it was a Rathian one and i barely made it through by a hair.

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I was gonna try and hop on the MH zeitgeist and go back and play World on PS4, but when my Pro started spinning up like it was about to take off and fly to the moon, I decided to give the Rise demo a shot. Like what I played so I paid the entry fee.

Only put a couple hours in so far (just bought it over the weekend), so still trying to get the hang of things but would be interested in occasionally teaming up, especially for the rampages.

Friend code is SW-2290-7491-4439.

tCobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunkadunkodon: thanks so much for the add and the info! Thanks to everyone else that added. Finished Story. Still very much getting the hang of things. Really enjoying the game.

Hunkadunkodon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tcobra: Cool! My BFF is getting it this weekend so hopefully we can get something together soon. I’ve just got a hell couple of weeks here on my end. Coming back to work after a year off and it’s just A LOT

tCobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunkadunkodon: sounds good! I am in school full time working full time and have kids. I fell ya.

dobedobedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

forgot to put my code: SW-5818-6159-0396

I'm usually on around 8pm Eastern time.

I've been trying to get some Diablos materials but whenever I put up a Diablos quest, everyone quits as soon as they see what the target is.

BigBongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey my friend code is SW-6690-4313-6426

BigBongo is my nickname. I play pretty sporadically but I would like some frequent people to play with! I mainly use Hammer (it’s what I used all the time in MHW) but I’ve been trying Gun Lance, Hunting Horn, and some Dual Blades here or there.

entoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just got rise yesterday and really liking it! im down for hunts whenever, feel free to add me: SW-2754-6389-4200 ("nR ^_^" on switch) I played a ton of World and like to switch between gunlance, greatsword, and a few other weapons!

Hunkadunkodon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be sure to add some of y'all. Just had a pretty hectic week so it's been hard to coordinate time to sit and do multiplayer stuffs <3

logemeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't stop playing this game and it's my first Monster Hunter. The GF even bought it too but unfortunately it just hasn't clicked with her. So I would love to have some homies to play with!

SW-7287-1307-6603

Hunkadunkodon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Hunkadunkodon

HEY YALL

So after a hectic couple of weeks of work wearing my feet down to nubs and turning my brain into a bubbling mush I realized I've just... Utterly failed to successfully coordinate with anyone in this thread and so instead of playing phone tag with a bunch of y'all I just decided to make a simple Discord server that folks can come into to coordinate stuff with one another.

So feel free to join here: https://discord.gg/RWuA4YEwTB and say hey.

My gameplay is presently restricted to only "When I can fit it in" on weekdays and "Sometimes in the afternoon" on weekends, but y'all are welcome to use it to talk amongst yourselves and get together.

Hunkadunkodon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Well after two weeks in the Community Spotlight we've been delisted. Sorry we couldn't make the conversion this year. Maybe for the 20th Anniversary we'll get 'em!

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Efesell
Hunkadunkodon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell said:

@hunkadunkodon: I don't think that quote works anymore..

It's outdated, sure. But that smolder is timeless.