I want to preface this by saying I'm new to the Monster Hunter franchise. As I've been playing Bow mostly and just hit HR 50ish, I'm starting to try out some different melee builds (Hammer and Duel Blades so far) but don't really know what I'm doing yet so I'm interested to find out what others around here are using. I'll list my main Bow Build below.
- Doom Shaft (working on Hazak Valos II to replace due to higher Dragon), Legia Snowfletcher, Anja Arch III, Flying Kadachi Strikebow, and Water Shot III.
- Rath Soul Helm Beta (2 Gem, Critical Boost + Rathalos Mastery)
- Kaiser Mail Beta (2 Gem, Special Ammo Boost x2)
- Kaiser Vambraces Beta (1 T3 Gem, Weakness Exploit x1)
- Rath Soul Coil Alpha (Piercing Shots + Rathalos Mastery)
- Diablos Nero Greaves (1 T2 Gem, Normal Shots)
- Exploiter Charm II (Weakness Exploit x2)
- My decorations aren't great at the moment, it's mostly stacking Elemental Damage or resist depending on Monster/Bow. But ideally I'll get a Mighty Bow, Weakness Exploit, Normal Shot or Power Shot decorations soon and can vary the build a bit with those.
As a side note I also run a Mushroomancher set with Wide Range for Tempered stuff that I start with and quick swap in a tent with preset loadouts, and I also keep Dash Juice, etc on me. This build gives me an extremely hard hitting Dragon Piercer while also allowing me to hit pretty hard on Normal and Power Shots due to both the Normal Shots perk and Rathalos Mastery and exploiting x2-3 Weakness of the Monsters in any given fight. It's basically a mixed best of both world's between the two dominant Bow playstyles currently, of just Raw Dragon Piercer hitting using Cera Coilbender but not doing much in regards to Normal/Power Shots or Pushing Elemental Rathalos but not doing anything with Dragon Piercer at all. If I can just pick up the Mighty Bow Decoration, my Crits will jump dramatically due to that extra charge.
So how are your builds looking? I'd love to see a Fire and Ice Duel Blade Build, since that's something I've very interested in.