Monster Hunter World is coming to PC! Not just PS4 and Xbox One!

• 78 results
Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@hamborgini: It almost seems like they accidentally forgot to include the music. That totally seems like thing you put at the end of a trailer to say "We know this looks way different, but we still got the goofy cooking music, so it's still Monster Hunter at heart!"

Instead it comes off more as a "This ain't your dad's Monster Hunter. We even got rid of the goofy music! Please buy our game now America..."

Avatar image for twilight_prince
Twilight_Prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really if i am going to love it since the gameplay is more open and its said that they are going to dismiss mission based for this game.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

I think this is the Monster Hunter that's really going to hook me, it nearly had me last time. Can't wait!

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@twilight_prince: They've stated you will still depart on quests from a some sort of hub. The maps themselves are open, but you're not running from town over to the forest, it sounds.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out, i have been wanting to try this series for a while now but never owned a platform it came out on.

Neurogia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisanbreads: Capcom signed a deal with Nintendo that bound them to create 3 Monster Hunter games for the 3ds exclusively. They were Monster Hunter 4, Monster Hunter Generations, and Monster Hunter Stories. Now that the contract is over, and the PS4 has hit its stride, Capcom realized it's the perfect time to bring the series to other consoles.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always wanted to get into these games but not on a handheld, and i don't own a Wii, Wii U or Switch, PC is my primary platform this "generation" and for me it's perfect for a game which is naturally repetitive and often difficult, faster load times on an SSD will make the grind less tedious, linking up with Steam friends is hopefully easy and a fun time, we're always on Teamspeak which makes everything better, on the game side the removal of constant zone loading i know is a much requested feature, any time spent waiting is wasted time, i just hope it maintains the series' charm and has enough variety to its gameplay.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

If you are as unbearably hyped for this as I am and want to see more of the game (probably the gameplay demo they showed at E3?!) and don't mind not having a clue what the Japanese developers are saying, this Live Stream begins in 20 minutes:

Loading Video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvKE9iVz-Ig

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#61  Edited By ArtisanBreads

The monsters look great. I love the different animations and how their behavior looks rather dynamic. Transitioning through areas very freely is a big addition.

I like what they have shown. I would guess they are showing the more conservative designs for this early look, but maybe I'm wrong. As I mentioned in another thread, I think this is such a step up that as artists they have so much more to play with as far as detail. I think things may be different but I really like what they are showing.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Good to know. As much as I liked Freedom Unite, I probably can't go back to it.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@suntoria said:

I like that they showed (almost?) every weapon in action during that livestream. The player with the hammer had some awesome moves. I main GS myself so I don't know if that was new, but I thought so.

It seems like all the weapons have a new attack that launches you into a mount attempt. The LS (I'm a LS main) has a new attack where it does a spear motion with the sword, and then after the hunter jumps up to mount the monster. Seems like some of those crazy hammer spins they also showed led into mounts.

nnickers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bollard: Haven't had a chance to watch this yet but that's interesting to hear. I ended up really enjoying the staff in 4 primarily due to the jump.

rempresent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@neverminder: Sorry that this is so late but I wanted to chime in a little bit. The hacker/cheaters have been in Monster Hunter since the multiplayer has been online. There were even custom quests that people made so you would fight "smaller" versions of monsters that were pretty hilarious. You are still going to have people on every platform trying to figure out how to cheat; however, it is clear to a seasoned hunter when a cheater enters into a room to play. I had one hunter that was over HR100 with amazing gear that carted (died) twice within the first couple minutes of fighting a monster. A hunter with decent gear will have the knowledge of a monster, especially one that he got materials from, and you can visually tell through the playstyle if they have been cheating or not. That awareness is really unique to this series.

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#66  Edited By MachoFantastico

Got to play it for the first time this weekend via the beta and I think I'm going to wait for the PC release at this point. Wasn't to keen on performance on my standard PS4, seemed to struggle to hold 30fps at times.

That said I might wait till reviews hit to hear if that was just a beta thing.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

Hang in there PC players, stay strong. :(

I really wished the PC version came out same month at least as the other ones, would be fun to hear about the GB staff exploring this game while playing it yourself and be part of the zeitgeist. I got this creeping worry that most people will fall of the game hard by the time the PC version arrives and it would be like if the PC version of destiny came out 6 months after the console version..

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1d502761653
deactivated-5d1d502761653

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After the first reviews it's hard not to buy it straight away. I am certain I will prefer the PC version since a steady 60 fps version would be a major argument for me to wait.

Then again the release schedule difference is so significant, stupid me might buy a PS4 for that game only....

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@forcen said:

Hang in there PC players, stay strong. :(

I really wished the PC version came out same month at least as the other ones, would be fun to hear about the GB staff exploring this game while playing it yourself and be part of the zeitgeist. I got this creeping worry that most people will fall of the game hard by the time the PC version arrives and it would be like if the PC version of destiny came out 6 months after the console version..

I mean, one thing I can guarantee you, by the time the PC version comes 90% of the people still playing it on consoles will be the super hardcore long-time fans doing the ultra-hard hunts and whatnot

BUT who cares really, there'll be a bunch of new players on PC as well, but yeah as far as GB goes it appears most people will already have done their time with it on consoles, because they're all WEAK WILLED!! heck I've seen people saying they'd sold a GTX 1080ti to buy a ps4 for MHW, terrible deal if you ask me.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I waited for Destiny 2 to come to the PC and I firmly believe I made the right choice. I'll wait for MHW to come to the PC, too. If it turns out to be anything like Destiny 2, many of the console players will migrate to the PC when it's released.

IVIemories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone know if they've given a release date yet? All I've managed to find via google is an estimated date of autumn '18

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

@iviemories said:

Does anyone know if they've given a release date yet? All I've managed to find via google is an estimated date of autumn '18

They said they weren't even going to really start work on it until after it released on consoles. Other than that, not much has been said about expected release date. Odds are, it will be at least holiday of this year before it comes out.

IVIemories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wemibelle: Damn, I was really looking forward to trying the franchise for the first time since I don't have a console. Thanks for the info!

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I waited for Destiny 2 to come to the PC and I firmly believe I made the right choice. I'll wait for MHW to come to the PC, too. If it turns out to be anything like Destiny 2, many of the console players will migrate to the PC when it's released.

I did too, and the wait for Monster Hunter should be extra worth it since there shouldn't be any Activision-Bungie bullshit to worry about.

Damn, I was really looking forward to trying the franchise for the first time since I don't have a console. Thanks for the info!

One Jason Oestreicher would say that God Eater is a decent alternative, if you're interested.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This delay led me to start playing MH4U again, felt nice to be back despite playing on a 3ds. Still a great looking 60 fps game on a N3DS.

jondan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@penguindust said:

I'm hanging out for a PC release too. Have dabbled with MH a little bit in the past, and am really keen to go all in on this one. Looking forward to it!

Avatar image for divinekataroshie
DivineKataroshie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will definetly wait for the PC relase. It's kind of sad that's it so late, and a lot of my friends are already into the game sharing their expirience, griding etc.

I will probably be at a disadvantage, and I hope it will be worth waiting, and the PC port will be as close to ps4 as possible, but with better graphics.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1 year anniversary for this thread now..

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers