Anybody playing this?

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This got released on Steam on Halloween and is currently in "Early Access'' for Kickstarter backers on XONE. The PS4 version is currently awaiting approval. They sent a newsletter out saying they are looking at at Switch version too and some big updates to the game. I have seen zero conversation about it here, so thought I would drop in and put it out there for people unaware.

As for how it plays, its VERY much a non-licensed version of NFL Blitz...but with death and traps. I'm actually very impressed with it. The teams actually feel pretty different. I backed it and played the Alpha and it was a bit rough, but I am thoroughly surprised with how well it turned out. If you're a fan of the NFL Blitz arcade style football, then you should check it out.

Anybody else here played it?

superslidetail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

No, but I was a huge fan of the original game(and hockey too)but I was never big into Blitz so I was hesitant on getting it. Maybe I'll get the PS4 version when it comes and give it a shot.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not since Sega genesis

Avatar image for james_ex_machina
James_ex_machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I bought in on the PS4 version and can’t wait to play it. I loved the original.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I thought it was some knock-off like the Road Rash, Rock n' Roll Racing, and Off-Road knock-offs that have come out lately, but the dude what made Mutant League Football was engaged in Mutant Football League.

It's great. I'm playing on Xbox, and after 30 minutes of free early access play, I bought it.

I have NBA Jam on Xbox One (that 360 verson is BC), and wanted something like Blitz, and this is it. Great, fun action-sports game.

TigerClaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nutter said:

I thought it was some knock-off like the Road Rash, Rock n' Roll Racing, and Off-Road knock-offs that have come out lately, but the dude what made Mutant League Football was engaged in Mutant Football League.

It's great. I'm playing on Xbox, and after 30 minutes of free early access play, I bought it.

I have NBA Jam on Xbox One (that 360 verson is BC), and wanted something like Blitz, and this is it. Great, fun action-sports game.

The guy who did the commentary in NBA Jam is also doing the play by play in Mutant Football League.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Yes he is. The writing is hit-and-miss, but his delivery is as great as always.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I always preferred Mutant League Hockey back in the day, but if this is a new age Blitz then I'm all for it.

madeppymage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By madeppymage

@csl316: Same, Mutant League Hockey was like badass nhl 94/nhlpa 93. I've had a lot of fun with this game from a non-football fan perspective. The commentary voiceovers can be very hit or miss for you but I find it sorta charming.