Does this game actually have Dungeons and Dragons ruleset?

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Like the infinity engine games? Alignment, XP, Armor Class, THAC0, Multi/Dual Class, All those spells? I don't know how much has actually changed in D&D since those games came out.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By butano

Kind of? It's based off of 4th Edition, which was more combat heavy than the other editions, but the game itself is more Diablo-like than its predecessors.

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Like the infinity engine games? Alignment, XP, Armor Class, THAC0, Multi/Dual Class, All those spells? I don't know how much has actually changed in D&D since those games came out.

There's been 2 whole revisions since the stuff like Baldurs Gate, which was based on AD&D2 rules. (Neverwinter Nights was based on D&D3e for the record) So yeah, to my knowledge this is based on the 4e rules. And probably the last gasp of 4th edition as D&D Next (what they are calling 5th edition) is currently being playtested.

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By forkboy

There's been 2 whole revisions since the stuff like Baldurs Gate, which was based on AD&D2 rules. (Neverwinter Nights was based on D&D3e for the record) So yeah, to my knowledge this is based on the 4e rules. And probably the last gasp of 4th edition as D&D Next (what they are calling 5th edition) is currently being playtested.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By jakob187

It's "based" on 4e...but very loosely.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

Very loosely based on 4e, so there are feats and skills, no Vancian magic. Encounter skills means they have cooldown, Dailies need a full meter to be used. The existing classes are based on classes in the first Player's Handbook. No Alignment, no THAC0, no multiclassing either.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By MezZa

Its based on a version of DnD. It is not like infinity engine games though. 4e moved more in a combat heavy direction and its systems are much more fit for an mmo style of play than the previous editions would be. If you like combat and things being more simplified then you might like it. I played the game a bit just to see what it was like and it reminded me more of diablo than any previous Dungeons and Dragons games like Neverwinter Nights or Baldurs Gate.