Online requirements

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Hey Duders, I know there is an online element to this game so if possible without spoiling anything, do you need online to get the true ending? If so will it still work if i played it now and most others probably have moved on? Finally do I need PS Plus for this online element?

MundaneSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By MundaneSoul

There is something at the end of the game you'll want to be connected for. I'm not sure if you need PS Plus for that but I wouldn't imagine so.

Throughout a large part of the game it is non-essential, however. Basically just other players' dead bodies showing up to be looted, etc. So you could get by for tens of hours without needing to be connected without any issues.

Dray2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Dray2k

@mundanesoul: Thats not 100% true. Its true that the bodies don't show up but you need online connectivity for something else.

Without spoiling, the game requires you to have online connectivity to see the true and final ending. Otherwise, it is almost impossible to see it. Any other ending can be accessed without issues when you're not connected however.

Saying anything else would really spoil it you just have to take me for granted.

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dray2k: Thankyou, do I need PS plus for that do you know? Also to get that final ending being online is that just like a cutscene at the end or is it more. What im basically getting as is could i get to the point where I need to be online then watch a 5 min cutscene on youtube and be sorted?

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

You do not need PS+ for any of the online interactions in this game, I 100%ed the game despite not having PS+ and was still able to make use of the dead body system and the stuff people are hinting at.

Dray2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dray2k

@carryboy: No sorry, but I'm like 99% certain that you don't need PS+, just an online connection would suffice.

It basically just access a server to do a thing so you can see the ending.

Also people don't recommend watching Nier: Automata gameplay because Nier is one of the games where playing through it adds to your personal feelings when something important happens (context and all that) and for that you should watch a full playthrough in order to get a similar experience.

Also saying anything else would count as a spoiler, its one of THOSE things, you know. Can't explain further, sorry!

But well, you can still watch the ending on youtube but I cannot say for sure if you will have the same feelings and sentiments as if you're playing.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dray2k: sorry to butt in but are we sure you really need internet for the last part? I would assume it's possible for the game to simulate the environment with bots.

Dray2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dray2k

@xanadu: SPOILERS seriously don't hover over it for anyone who has not finished the game: I'm super sure, I tested this myself and not one player save appeared to help me, there are also other people who did that that, with some show-off footage on Youtube to show that you can do Ending E alone.

Acura_Max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was able to finish the game in its entirety without PS plus. I just needed an internet connection. You should be fine.

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ichthy

@dray2k said:

@xanadu: SPOILERS seriously don't hover over it for anyone who has not finished the game: I'm super sure, I tested this myself and not one player save appeared to help me, there are also other people who did that that, with some show-off footage on Youtube to show that you can do Ending E alone.

Oh man, in context, that happening sounds super depressing compared to the message they were trying to convey.

Dray2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dray2k

@ichthy: Please use spoiler tags. I would be super bummed to even read whatever the ending can potentially mean to people. Some people don't even know that Nier: Automata is a more emotionally driven game prior before they're jumping in.

Well, only if you're not me, that is haha! I like getting spoiled but the thread creator asked specifically not to get spoiled, that include it in every possible way.