Nintendo announced yesterday that they were going to stream a Nintendo Direct today at 5pm ET and 2 pm PT. We got a Nintendo Direct Mini back in January that gave us a few good announcements (TWETY port, Mario Tennis Aces, Dark Souls Remastered, SNK Heroines), but it was a Direct that mostly had a couple of Wii U ports and neat but little updates to already released games. Now with this being a full on Direct, the amount of news and announcements should be much meatier than the Mini we had this January. I'm wondering if anyone has any predictions they're willing to make about this Direct?
One of the safest bets is seeing more information about Mario Tennis Aces. We'll likely see more of that Story Mode with new activities and more bosses to showcase as well as see what kind of multiplayer modes there are in Aces. We'll also likely see more characters show up as the only confirmed characters are Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi and Donkey Kong. Also there are some leaks going on with Aces where there are some pictures and boxart that reveals who else is playable, but I think the Direct will still surprise with 1 playable Odyssey Character. The two most likely being Cappy and/or hopefully Mayor Pauline (she's waited long enough to get into a Mario spinoff sports game). Other than that, here's my predictions:
- The way I see this is that we'll likely see the Direct start with a big new trailer for the Upcoming Fire Emblem game coming to the Switch and it will be announced that its slated to come out this Fall.
- We get new Super Mario Odyssey DLC where there are new kingdoms that are based on other Mario games (Luigi's Mansion kingdom, Isle Delfino, maybe a Donkey Kong Country themed kingdom).
- That upcoming Yoshi game will release sometime in July and will be called Yoshi: Cardboard Carfuffle (ok, probably won't be called that). Also considering the cardboard theme in this game, Nintendo will surprise us and announce this game will have Labo Support.
- Speaking of Labo, we'll likely get more footage of the Labo kits and get an announcement for an established Nintendo IP having a Labo kit (I'm thinking Ryhthm Heaven or Warioware).
- Project Octopath Traveller will get a proper name (probably just be Octopath Traveller) and there will be a new trailer for it and a release date in August.
- We'll likely get a sizzle reel of indies and the indies that will be featured will include the upcoming Toejam and Earl game, Wargroove, Indivisible and last but not least, Fight Crab (a fighting game w/ weaponized crabs)
- For 3rd party games, we'll get footage and a release date for Wolfenstein II: TNC, new footage of Dark Souls Remastered, SNK Heronies will reveal new fighters (thinking King, Bonne Jenet and Zarina), EA will port Burnout Paradise Remastered and Blizzard will announce they are porting Diablo III to the Switch (there are rumors of this happening).
- The Direct will end with a teaser for a brand new Pokemon title that is aiming for a Holiday release.