brainwins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6lY1GXTu5M

I'm amazed at her singing mostly.

My question is if it's real or not. I mean. I believe that thing she holds is the microphone?

And no matter how much she moves it, the volume of her voice doesn't change.

Was it really played with Labo instruments?

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Jesus_Phish

She's not holding a microphone - there's no microphone in Labo or the Switch. There's a point she pretends to use it at a mic early on, but she's just messing around. It's likely there's a big studio boom mic picking her singing up overhead.

It looks like what she has is either meant to be a triangle or just a conductors baton.

brainwins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jesus_phish: Thanks a lot. That clears it up! Seems a lot of fun.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, I don't listen to a lot of top 40, so I really couldn't name an Ariana Grande song. But what I have heard doesn't do her voice any justice. She's really got some pipes.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By xanadu

idk, sounds to me like it was recorded in a studio and shes just lip singing for the video.

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was pre-recorded and she was lip syncing since the audio sounds so clean, but there's a part that she laughs and it breaks her voice a little bit and that seems like something really hard to fake and sync to. Obviously, there was a lot of professional equalizing and audio work to make it sound better than just a direct "dry" recording. But either way, I'm actually surprised by her voice, she sounds much better here than in most of her records that play on the radio.

What I wonder is if every Labo on the scene was actually providing sounds for the music. How does the robot and the fishing rod work in this situation? I guess the robot does the drums since it's ?uestlove playing with it and he's the drummer, but what about the fishing rod?