Every game on today's Nintendo Direct (9/13/18)

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By liquiddragon

Switch

• Animal Crossing (2019)
  • CIty: Skylines (out today)
  • Katamari Damacy Reroll (Katamari Damacy 1 Remaster) (Nov. 30)
  • Luigi's Mansion 3 (2019)
  • New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe (Jan. 11, 2019)
  • Town (an RPG from GameFreak) (2019)
  • Yoshi's Crafted World (Spring 2019)

PS1/PS2 era Final Fantasy games coming to Switch in 2019 (and Nintendo also doesn't like FF8)

• Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon (Winter 2018)
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Final Fantasy IX
  • Final Fantasy X/X-2
  • Final Fantasy XII
  • and also World of Final Fantasy Maxima (Nov. 6, 2018)

Complete list of NES games announced for Nintendo Switch Online (NSO service starts 9/18)

1. Balloon Fight
  2. Baseball
  3. Donkey Kong
  4. Double Dragon
  5. Dr. Mario
  6. Excitebike
  7. Ghosts 'n Goblins
  8. Gradius
  9. Ice Climber
  10. Ice Hockey
  11. The Legend of Zelda
  12. Mario Bros.
  13. Pro Wrestling
  14. River City Ransom
  15. Soccer
  16. Super Mario Bros
  17. Super Mario Bros. 3
  18. Tecmo Bowl
  19. Tennis
  20. Yoshi

coming later in the year:

October

1. NES Open Tournament Golf
  2. Solomon's Key
  3. Super Dodge Ball

November

• Metroid
  • Mighty Bomb Jack
  • TwinBee

December

• Ninja Gaiden
  • Adventures of Lolo
  • Wario's Woods

3DS

• Bower's Inside Story w/ added content (January 2019)
  • Kirby's Epic Yarn w/ added mini-games (2019)

Other details

• Mario Tennis Aces update next week adds 4 characters, new co-op multiplayer modes
  • NES controllers for Switch that can be clipped on to the system like the joycons to recharge
  • Isabelle from Animal Crossing is a character in Smash
  • Special Super Smash Switch console (Nov. 2)
BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Going thru the news at work on my phone and seeing that Animal Crossing was announced was exciting enough, lord knows I've been clamoring for that franchise to come to Switch. Then I saw FFX, X-2, and XII which are three of my favorite FF games and I lost my shit. Then I guess they wanted to give me a heart attack by announcing World of Final Fantasy because that's just one of my favorite games ever at this point and an updated version for the Switch is the perfect excuse to play it again.

So yeah, guess I'm buying a Switch on Nov 6 (I might end up waiting until Black Friday to be honest, but you get the point...). This was a good Direct. Today was a good day.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Relkin

Thanks for watching the video for us! Unfortunately, there isn't much here that interests me. Just the Yoshi game, really. Maybe the RPG from GameFreak.

I hope that whatever their next console is is backwards compatible with the Switch, because in terms of new releases, this console's library feels pretty underwhelming so far. Maybe the combination of the next one with the Switch's complete library will feel like a more worthwhile investment for me, like the combined Wii and Wii U's catalog was.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#4  Edited By liquiddragon

@babychoochoo: Yeah, I think those games might be a great fit for the Switch, it'll help with grinding in short bursts. I guess it's not ideal if you're on the go and you're at a point with a long cinematic but it's cool to see mainline FF games on a Nintendo system again.

I'd be happy to see Lightning Returns but lol, very few ppl like that game.

Also, never got into Animal Crossing so I'm hoping it's a good one 'cause I'm really looking forward to it.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 26

The Katamari remake is now probably my most anticipated release of this year.

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

Honestly remember when Nintendo barely had any third-party support! You can't help but be impressed with what they're offering, yes a lot of these games have already appeared on other consoles/PC but the Switch's portability definitely gives them an edge. I'm not Nintendo's biggest fan sometimes and the fact that you still have to use a stupid bloody phone app for voice chat is backwards as hell to me, especially coming from how unique their Miiverse stuff felt in comparison to what Sony and Microsoft were doing but there's a fine collection of games on offer already for 2019.

Super happy we are finallygetting a new Animal Crossing game (what took them so darn long) and the pricing for online actually isn't anywhere near as bad as I thought it'd be for a years subscription. I just hope they eventually add more features because it isn't the best offering. Overall a very strong showing.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dan_CiTi

man....Isabelle is the hypest reveal ever dude. Also I hope to god Tom Nook is in the game...........please.

also man the NES game thing is so unappealing, because IMO there are like....5-10 really good NES games and then it tapers off pretty quickly. And one of my favorites, 100 World Story will literally never be on there so......yeeeeaaaahhh

but the new GameFreak game looked great, so did that Daemon mech game, and in general it was a decent little Direct. They picked the right 3D Final Fantasy games (besides X-2) to bring to the platform.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck man Tom Nook stone cold killa, that dude gives me chills.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FYI all those FF games will also be coming out for Xbox, PC and PS4. I've never finished a FF game despite my starting a bunch but I might give 12 a shot.

Doofcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I am shaking in excitement. I don't think I've ever been as excited for a video game as I am for the new Animal Crossing.

That game is therapeutic. Can't wait to see what new things they have in store for us.

Tom Nook the new mayor? >_>