Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By madladunit

Poll Grey or Neon (760 votes)

Grey 42%
Neon 46%
What? 12%

Hi - I got a Switch with grey joycons and now I am filled with a deep, velvety sense of immense regret. If you got a Switch, or if you didn't, which colour option do you feel is best?

• 
officer_falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Grey, like the color of my soul.

Darth_Navster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

I was a shitty teenager when the Gamecube came out, so I just had to get the black one because the purple one was "too kiddy". Now I have to live with my boring ass black Gamecube. I sure as hell am not making that mistake with the Switch. Neon all the way!

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I like my electronics to be sleek and clean, so I went with grey.

bogusdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bogusdd

The Target I went to only had grey in stock so that's what I bought despite preferring the look of the neon.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

If/when I get a Switch I would get the Neon because it looks kind of crazy and I would probably never play it out in public anyway.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The neon wasn't available anymore when I had pre-ordered on amazon so I got stuck with grey. I'll probably buy a pair of neons as my second pair soon though.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Justin258

Gray. I think the neon looks ugly.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Neon wouldn't be so bad if it was one color. The two colors is ugly as hell imo. But hey I guess I could remedy that by buying another joy con in the red or blue color....like Nintendo planned.

peteycoco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neon because I'm tired of black and grey electronics. Whenever I have the choice I always pick the brightest colours .

n00bs7ay3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was surprised that so many people wanted the neon one. Personally I don't like the colours they chose for it. But when I was picking up Zelda at Walmart (for Wii U I decided I am going to hold off on getting a Switch for now) they were completely sold out of Neon but had a ton of Grey left.

Avatar image for deactivated-633c70ff026e8
deactivated-633c70ff026e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got the grey one.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I like the neon because I like fun.

But it's practical besides. At-a-glance indistinguishably between left and right! Colors that will never be mistaken within one's morass of gray electronics! They will light your way in the darkness!

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By WynnDuffy

I was originally against neon but then I realised the grey will show up smudges and fingerprints more, it also makes the Switch look kind of industrial and boring. I like the contrast between L and R too.

I bought one of the official cases that came with a protector and that thing sucked...I had a clean screen but somehow had a lot of spots underneath (not bubbles) so I'm a little annoyed. I guess I'll wait until a tempered glass one comes out and just put one of those on.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grey. I don't mind the neon, but I prefer a more solid color.

warpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neon wouldn't be so bad if it was one color. The two colors is ugly as hell imo. But hey I guess I could remedy that by buying another joy con in the red or blue color....like Nintendo planned.

It does seem useful though.

"Hand me the controller", "Which one?", "The red one!"

vs.

"Hand me the controller", "Which one?", "The Joy-Con R!"

;)

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

I was fully against the Neon originally (primarily because they're different colours and that really was messing with me). But I've completely come around on them now, I couldn't imagine getting a Grey set and I have black consoles and electronics everywhere else. I think if there were black, perhaps that'd sway me, but I think the Neon ones look really nice.

Also I checked and if you do buy a second set of Neon Joy-Con seperately, they do come in the reverse orientation, so you can always match up the two pairs and have one Blue set and one Red set if you're bothered by that.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was going to get neon but the day they started taking preorders, my local gamestop already ran out of them within 30 min of the store opening up

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't even know there was a non-colorful version.

Grey sounds incredibly boring. I hated when Nintendo started making their hardware come in black or white and that's it. I miss my Purple consoles!

Without a doubt; Neon.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Having seen both in person, the "red" of the Neon is utterly hideous. Looks like a highlighter gone wrong.

That said, I didn't realise until seeing them in person just how matte both of the colour schemes are. Even the grey is very flat, it looked more textured in all the photos. I swapped my Neon for a Grey in the store because Neon was all they had in stock when I ordered, and someone had changed their mind.

YesIndeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By YesIndeed

I'm with Alex all the way on this. The neon ones are ugly as hell, but they're just the right kind of ugly as hell for me to get behind.

myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

If the Switch itself would have been colored differently as well I would have gone with the neon, but since it isn't I went with the gray.

InstantRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I probably would have gotten a Neon if the joy cons were the same color but I can't get down with mismatched colors so I went with the grey.

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By uhtaree

I suppose the thinking behind neon is one person is red player and the other blue, but with the charcoal color of everything else carrying over it just looks half assed to me. Why not do white for the rest of this one?

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25  Edited By VoshiNova

I'll take what I can get 'cause I'm irrationally excited to play Zelda......but grey would be nice.

SaFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grey all the way.

SteveVice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After watching the Zelda quicklook and reading Dan's review I ordered a Neon switch last night

DinosaurCanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I like the grey. Two different colors looks tacky.

majormitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 31

Gray, because fuck colors.

Or more accurately, by the time I pre-ordered only the gray ones were left ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grey please.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@warpr: I don't even want to know what kind of lifestyle your living where those joy cons aren't connected to something at all times.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neon. You're not fun if you got grey.

warpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sloppydetective said:

@warpr: I don't even want to know what kind of lifestyle your living where those joy cons aren't connected to something at all times.

:D

We have family visiting often enough that we've played a fair amount of three and four player New Super Mario Bros U, and I'm not planning on getting three pro controllers, so until people start bringing their own... they'll have to make do with shitty sideways joy-cons.

Though, out-of-the-gate I guess there isn't much which can be played with more than two players, so probably for now a pro controller + joy-cons in a grip is all we need.

nnickers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@myniceicelife: Same here. I think the neon Joycons are kinda neat in a very Nintendo kind of way but the fact that they sell them with a still-gray Switch is baffling to me.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grey is boring. Neon is fucking cool.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Grey! It's a serious game machine, not some toy!!!!!!

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ripelivejam

@nnickers said:

@myniceicelife: Same here. I think the neon Joycons are kinda neat in a very Nintendo kind of way but the fact that they sell them with a still-gray Switch is baffling to me.

It may have been a bit too 80's if the Switch itself were half and half blue/red. I think it looks pretty good as is. Maybe not fit for being out in public but idgaf.

And great, now wondering if I should have gone with the more somber grey.

Neither here nor there, but does anyone know if it's possible to pair a 2nd set of joycon to the same switch?

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Target I went to had 1 grey and like 8 neons. I went with the neon because I figure the rest of my electronics are boring colors, so why the hell not switch it up.

I hope someone enjoys my hilarious wordplay there...

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

separate joycon is where it's at. you can literally let your body go limp and still be able to play. try it sometime.

guthwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got the Neons and couldn't be happier. I thought they already looked fantastic in pictures, but they're even better in real life

Avatar image for deactivated-6510b42705eab
deactivated-6510b42705eab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

I got grey because it was the only option from Amazon the morning after the Switch reveal. I kind of regret it though because all of my consoles are pretty much the same color and it's pretty boring.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By 49th

I would rather have solid red or solid blue because I think the two colours mixed looks awful. Unless they have single colours available within the next few months I'll get a grey one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

Grey.

Solid red would have been cool but I guess they are reserving that for the Mario special edition console, etc.

jeddy201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The neon ones look awesome. The neon switch is the official canon switch and if you don't have one you have a fake switch.

meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I got grey and also regret it. But, I'm sure there will be more colors in the future, so hopefully they make something i like better than either current option.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't like the neon ones when I first saw them but they look much better in person. I made the right choice.

Spn_82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Spn_82

Grey is the better overall color, by far.

Neon is a distractingly bright, two-colored mess that looks like a gimmicky, cheaply made toy for 5 year olds.

And to anyone who genuinely/laughably attempted to act as if the joycons being two separate colors is some world-changing advantage for when 2 players are using them, that might just be the funniest thing i've read in god knows how long!

You can figure out which one is Left and Right with the grey joycons in literally 0.4 seconds just by looking at the incredibly distinctive/different button layout for each one. It's really not rocket science ; )

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spn_82 said:

Grey is the better overall color, by far.

Neon is a distractingly bright, two-colored mess that looks like a gimmicky, cheaply made toy for 5 year olds.

rolleyes