How are you liking your Switch, after a few months?

• 73 results
SteveVice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

It´s pretty much the only console I´ve been playing on since it came out.
Alot of the indie games and smaller titles are games that I have owned somewhere else, but never beaten for whatever reason, but being able to pick this thing out of the dock and play it wherever, and while halfway watching something on the TV, I have beaten Shovel Knight and Wonder Boy for the first time in my life.

Also I may very well be in a minority here, but the lack of an achievement/trophy system has removed that urge from my head when I play games, I don´t feel the need to map out a way through the game so I don´t miss an achievement, its kinda relaxing. I know not everyone can relate to that, but whenever a achievement system is there I get hung up on it and if I find out there are missable achievements I start playing the game differently than I would otherwise and can´t really relax until I´m past the part where the missable stuff is.

Well rant aside, I´m really happy with my switch.

lead_dispencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i wish i could provide input but the system is still incredibly hard to get a hold of. fucking nintendo's supply chain is either managed horribly or theyyre creating artificial demand. either way i hate it. and hope it one day backfires on them so they get their shit together.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Also I may very well be in a minority here, but the lack of an achievement/trophy system has removed that urge from my head when I play games, I don´t feel the need to map out a way through the game so I don´t miss an achievement, its kinda relaxing.

This is definitely a mindset I've been trying to work on a lot over the past year. It'd probably be easier if I were a more PC-first player (since most achievements can just be acquired through Cheat Editor). But the Switch--in particular, the relaxing serenity of Breath of the Wild--is helping me shake Achievement-itis.

generalwalnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really really like it so far. I don't really relate to the "it is in desperate need of games" thing so much, but maybe I just don't go through as many games as most people? I love the handheld mode stuff, and hardware wise (despite the quirks) it definitely feels like one of the best things Nintendo has put out in a long time.

Excited to see what the future holds for the thing, I'm still amazed when I pull it off the dock and have basically full ass Nintendo console games ready to play wherever.

Ketta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love my Switch, but I do need more games to play on it for sure. I've played a fair amount of Mario Kart, but probably only 1/3rd as much as I normally would since I played 8 on the Wii U. Breath of the Wild is one of the best games I've ever played, and I've put in 140 hours, but am probably done for a while until I build up the desire to do the hard mode playthrough. I've bought other games, like Splatoon 2, Mighty Gunvolt Burst, and Snipperclips, but that is only because I am a fool who throws away money.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It has been great except the lack of games.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I'm liking my Switch, but then, I also liked my Wii U. They both serve their purpose as secondary consoles for me. I haven't had any issues.

jamesyfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like my Switch.

The only niggle I have with it is that the ZL and ZR buttons have an annoying click sound. Its like it echos or something.

So yeah. If that's my only complaint.. I'm happy with it.

FunkyHugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Ive only had mine for about a month but I absolutely love it. It’s my first Nintendo console since the GameCube and I forgot how much charm Nintendo can bring to simple interactions in games.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Love it in theory, it just needs more games still. Once the Virtual Console or whatever Nintendo replaces it with hits it's gonna be incredible for playing games while I have other stuff playing on my TV.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Using the joycons for me is terrible as I have big hands, so they cramp up.

Using the Pro controller is great, but then loses a large part of the appeal of the Switch.

I also don't really enjoy Zelda. It is written in a very anime way, which just isn't for me.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I got my Switch on Monday along with Zelda and Splatoon 2 after seeing a store had just one left on the shelf. Figured why not.

I've really enjoyed having it so far. I'm looking forward to more games to play. I missed out on Mario Kart 8 when I had a WiiU so I might pick that up. Mario X-COM could be cool and there's Odyssey and Fire Emblem Warriors still to come this year along with maybe Xenoblade Chronicles 2. So already it's going to see more use than my WiiU ever did.

punisherkaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im kinda in love with this thing. Definitely the most excited i have been about a console in a long time

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Love it. Have 30 games for it already. Lots of great indie stuff on it already.

sodapop7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really liking it. Zelda was fantastic and there's been a steady stream of games that I want to play. The hardware works perfectly and I've been very impressed. Can't wait for Mario and to see what they've got down the road. Get the online even moderately user friendly and it'd be pretty much perfect for me.

Also really enjoying Splatoon 2 so far.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

If that Mario and Rayman thing turns out to be pretty good and I like what I play of Mario Odyssey on my little brother's Switch when it comes out, I might just wind up buying one. The only real problem I have with it is the right analog stick - it feels super uncomfortable to use while attached to the Switch so playing 3D games like Zelda while it's in handheld mode isn't really something that I want to do.

Gazoinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love it. The hardware feels good, and is well executed. I don't have a ton of games for it, but that's as much financial as because of the size of the library. Really looking forward to Kingdom Battle and Mario Odyssey too. As someone else said, it's like having the indie machine that the Vita was + Nintendo games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a48350594a61
deactivated-5a48350594a61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loving it, only technical issue is the left joycon popping off easily but it was due to me dropping it like a bonehead on the bus. Playing stuff on it daily.

Exactly the same, that said I love my switch and cant wait for Stardew Valley and Mario

slax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#69  Edited By slax

I'm super happy with it. I use it both for TV and handheld modes and just switching between them on the fly is super satisfying.

I want all the games to be on it now! Not just because it needs more games, it does, but because playing either on your TV or on the go/in your bed, is such a good thing!!

Cheetoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No eshop music is really a bummer. It's a really neat device that has very small collection of games.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Switch is great and I love it, but if you want to play with friends and talk the online app on the phone seems like a giant string of errors.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I've had one since launch and it's basically just been a Zelda machine for me. I already owned Mario Kart 8 on the WiiU, and I'm not a big fan of Splatoon, so there hasn't been anything new that I really wanted to play. The indie games are good in theory, but I can usually get a cheaper and better version of the same game on Steam.

sikdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love it. Just need more games.

jaycrockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#74  Edited By jaycrockett

Never has a game console marketing video been closer to reality than the Switch. "Who would play Mario Cart in the back of a car" they said. Well, my kids on a long road trip, that's who. It works amazingly well.

The Switch-i-ness of it is near perfect. Just needs more games.